11 hours ago, Shello said:

Great plan!  There are plenty of ways to stay active and you can get more done if you’re not overdoing it. 

Thanks for the support and for letting me process!

I finally slept last night! How about you? Are you caught up on sleep?

• Like 2

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

49 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Weighed in after a fantastic weekend to 229. I haven't lost any weight this year so far! Ah well. I think that's going to change now, I like my plan coming up.

Boy do I ever know that feeling; hopefully you're able to reclaim your gains before too long.

• Thanks 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

On 3/17/2024 at 8:55 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Thanks for the support and for letting me process!

I finally slept last night! How about you? Are you caught up on sleep?

Yay!  I think I am caught up now too.. at least as caught up as I usually am.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

Boy do I ever know that feeling; hopefully you're able to reclaim your gains before too long.

Thanks, my friend!  It's frustrating, but I've learned a lot from this. I'm shooting for 8 pounds during the next PVP but I would love to kiss the 220s goodbye forever :D  It's funny how a set of numbers can  become a nemesis!

14 minutes ago, Shello said:

Yay!  I think I am caught up now too.. at least as caught up as I usually am.  

YAY! That's great news!

• Like 5

I was not in a good headspace this morning, and was given good advice to take care of myself. So I soaked and exfoliated my feet, then put on some squishy moisturizing socks while I slapped on a face mask and sat for 20 minutes. I don't know that the face mask does anything significant, but my face felt cool and soft afterwards, and I felt good. My feet also felt cool and soft. Excellent!

Later, I scanned some family photos for 15 minutes, and then practiced the piano. Piano was super therapeutic. I felt like myself after that. I did some laundry, a little tidying up, scraped more gunk out of the dishwasher, and enjoyed a cup of tea. 

I need a few more days to work out, to make bread, to go to the coffee shop and sit for an afternoon while I draw bears. More piano therapy. I need to exercise by myself sometimes. Today was really simple actions that made me feel so much better, so I'm going to do more of this.

• Like 6

Checking in, Snarky! How are things?

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 3/25/2024 at 11:26 AM, Sovalis said:

Checking in, Snarky! How are things?

Hey! I'm fine. Super hormonal so everything FEELS worse :)  Right now I'm at Batman levels of brooding  and just super tired so I'm just staying quiet and hopefully everything feels better next week. 

• Like 4

Okay! We love you! No hunting villains without a Sidekick! 😉

• Like 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I lost two pounds last week. Biggest changes I made were not eating after dinner, cutting way back on chocolate, and walking. I originally typed "walking more" and I was like "Oh, no, just actually  walking, really" LOL. 

I'm applying for a job, and I need references, which is difficult. I've got to track down some folks I worked with years ago and see if they'll be willing to answer the phone. It's an academic life coach position. I'm not sure I really want this job, honestly. But I'm still knee deep in mid-life crisis, and I really need to do something.  It's at my nephew's university, so we could commute together. 

That's the other bit of news: Bert is moving in with us for the school year, and he's going to use my car. I had NO say in that, and Mom and I had the conversation about not volunteering me, my stuff, and my space for other people...AGAIN. That being said, this is the best option. The school changed housing policies while he was going so that incoming students must spend the first two years on campus. They don't have room for everyone else though, and they mishandled communication about it...All the off campus apartments were booked by the time Bert found out. We live 40 minutes from campus. So he'll have to learn to drive this summer, and he'll want to get a part time job to pay for gas. That's the only thing he needs to pay for. We'll take care of everything else. He and I will share a bathroom, so he's going to clean it every other week. We'll take turns. He'll clean up after himself, and help with whatever my mom needs help with, but we don't expect him to clean the house, just not to make a mess of it.  We also said no devices at the table, including headphones. That we expect him to spend some time with us. 

He's really happy. He's so alone at school right now, because his roomate bailed a month ago to move in with friends at an apartment. None of his roommates have ever really worked out, and he'll say he's fine on his own, but it's lonely! So when we said "We expect you to spend time with us, he just grinned. So it's going to be super inconvenient for me if I don't get the job, but ...I love my nephew, and knowing this is going to be really good for him makes it worth it. OH! And my Dad is really happy too because now when Mom and I travel he won't be alone at night. He says "I'm okay when you're gone, but it'll be really nice having Bert here."  So there's a bonus I didn't consider!

It's April Fool's Day, and my mom put googly eyes on my lamp and alarm clock. I love it so much, I'm keeping them there! :D 

• Like 5

So many changes!  They all sounds good but I agree, I wouldn't be happy about someone else volunteering my car (or my bathroom) to someone else without checking in.   He won't move in until August right?

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

5 minutes ago, Shello said:

So many changes!  They all sounds good but I agree, I wouldn't be happy about someone else volunteering my car (or my bathroom) to someone else without checking in.   He won't move in until August right?

Right! So we have a lot of time to get everything ready for him. We'll ask him to move in early so he can get used to where everything is in the house before we add rushing around to school in there. 

Yeah, Mom used to volunteer me all the time for stuff, and we had a very long talk about that. She doesn't do it so much now, but she did this time. We worked it out though.  She was just kinda panicked about Bert and she overdid it, and I'm just like "This is why we talk about stuff first."  My brother is the same way as my mom :D Dont' tell him that. My dad will panic too, but he'll just ignore the thing until it becomes a huge problem and then he'll still ignore it.  I'm the proactive one, I've learned to take care of whatever before it's a problem because the emotional rollercoaster is worse to me than the problem itself. but I can't think of everything and the rollercoaster happens anyway and I'm stressed all the time. I have some personal growth to do.

• Like 3

It was an excellent week! I was really busy, but it was happy stuff. I saw my cousin, went to see my nephew in his first musical! had lunch with my old friend, and went to a bridal shower! After the bridal shower, I came home and fell asleep watching TV.  

Tomorrow is solar eclipse day! It'll probably be cloudy tomorrow, so i'm not sure how much we'll actually see, but it'll still be fun. I got the glasses just in case. 

Diet was off this week, but exercise was awesome. I ate in restaurants 5 times this week, which may be a record for me. :)  But I also did a LOT of really satisfying workouts and I feel really good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to weigh more though for weigh in, just from salt related bloating, so I'm seriously thinking about just skipping weigh-in and focusin on taking care of me

• Like 4

I wrote earlier venting a bit about the folks and then hid it because I felt better after yelling a bit. Sigh. It’s been a day, but I am almost done knitting Pirate Pete and did some yoga 💜 progress is happening

• Like 4

Glad the venting helped.   Pirate Pete sounds fun!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Shello said:

Glad the venting helped.   Pirate Pete sounds fun!

He is very fun!! I’ll take a picture!

day off due to a stomach bug. Lots of bland food and rest. Mom is sick too so we picked up something at the bridal shower. oof.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Thanks 1

Hi Snarky,  I hope today is better.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Chippy the Dog

Thanks! Soup is a good idea!

18 minutes ago, Shello said:

Hi Snarky,  I hope today is better.  

Thanks! Still a little punky, but feeling a lot better today! 

here’s Pirate Pete! This is a fluff and fuzz pattern by Amanda Berry

IMG_0432.jpeg.ffef392119e05720af559a0c47bec20c.jpeg

• That's Metal 3

Oh my He's so adorable!  But I'm sure he's a vicious pirate too.  AARRR!    What are your plans for him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shello said:

Oh my He's so adorable!  But I'm sure he's a vicious pirate too.  AARRR!    What are your plans for him?

I really loved that the only skull and crossbones buttons I could find were girly. It adds a little character to him!
Mom has fallen in love with him so he is sitting next to a picture frame right now. lol. I may make a little buddy for him, see if there’s a tiny parrot pattern lol

• Like 2