Thing sound so lovely in SnarkyLand.  Sounds like you are embracing a very hygge lifestyle and I love it! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, The Most Loathed said:

This is a great feeling.

Right? I definitely think my area thrives in cold weather. When it gets hot, they'll all be like "Whaddya want?" LOL

32 minutes ago, Shello said:

Thing sound so lovely in SnarkyLand.  Sounds like you are embracing a very hygge lifestyle and I love it! 

OH YOU ARE RIGHT!  THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!  Cat Love GIF by NGcorpvtc

• Like 4

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

It's a LOT warmer today  and rainy, resulting in a day-long misty fog that is really  cool to look at from the warmth of my house. I decided to make the Baileys Brownies. 

"These are terrible!" I said. And then I ate two more to be certain. Deciding maybe they were good, I cut them into small squares, stuck a  mini marshmallow on top of each one so it wouldn't stick to the freezer bag and stuck them in the freezer.  My folks are away right now, but they can try them when they get back later on.

I'm not at my best today, but I am doing my best. Some days are like that, and I think what I really need is a banana and a walk, so I will do that tomorrow morning :) Something to look forward to 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

You can never be too certain

Right? The rest are in the freezer, hiding from me. Frozen brownies are still delicious, but the freezer does add a couple extra steps, and I usually forget what I was doing about halfway to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Right? The rest are in the freezer, hiding from me. Frozen brownies are still delicious, but the freezer does add a couple extra steps, and I usually forget what I was doing about halfway to it.

I have a deterrent that's way more effective, but I can't really recommend it.  ;)

• Haha 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I recently saw a cooking show where they made to most decadent looking brownies but they took 3 days to make!   Make the batter, pour into brownie pan, let them sit in the fridge for 24 hours.  Then bake, cool a bit and then put in the fridge for 24 hours.  THEN cut and warm briefly in the oven.  Although the host broke down and had a midnight brownie.   I'm not sure what kind of sorcery this is to wait 3 days for brownies but I'm tempted to try it once just to see if it's worth it.  However, I'd have to make 2 batches - one to eat right away for quality control. 

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I just spent an hour cleaning gross scummy stuff out of my dishwasher. We are really having troubles with the dishwasher. Sometimes it leaves a powdery residue on the dishes, like the soap did wash away properly and often it gets gross slimy gunk built up and I need to scrub it all out. I bought dishwashing cleaning pellets, have done vinegar rinses and I dont know what else is causing this. Any clues or suggestions? 

14 minutes ago, Shello said:

I recently saw a cooking show where they made to most decadent looking brownies but they took 3 days to make!   Make the batter, pour into brownie pan, let them sit in the fridge for 24 hours.  Then bake, cool a bit and then put in the fridge for 24 hours.  THEN cut and warm briefly in the oven.  Although the host broke down and had a midnight brownie.   I'm not sure what kind of sorcery this is to wait 3 days for brownies but I'm tempted to try it once just to see if it's worth it.  However, I'd have to make 2 batches - one to eat right away for quality control. 

If you make these I wanna know all about it!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I just spent an hour cleaning gross scummy stuff out of my dishwasher. We are really having troubles with the dishwasher. Sometimes it leaves a powdery residue on the dishes, like the soap did wash away properly and often it gets gross slimy gunk built up and I need to scrub it all out. I bought dishwashing cleaning pellets, have done vinegar rinses and I dont know what else is causing this. Any clues or suggestions? 

I am getting food particles everywhere and don’t know how to solve that. My filter is not removable for some weird engineering reason so I don’t have a simple fix. Following for wisdom!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am getting food particles everywhere and don’t know how to solve that. My filter is not removable for some weird engineering reason so I don’t have a simple fix. Following for wisdom!

I went on reddit and found other people with similar problems. There are suggestions that there may be a clog somewhere, but looking at the tube between my dishwasher and my sink, I see nothing like that. It may be from the garbage disposal, so I cleaned that out carefully with vinegar and baking soda, and ran a cup of vinegar with my dishwasher. It looks pretty clean now, but avoiding this would be nice too!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I went on reddit and found other people with similar problems. There are suggestions that there may be a clog somewhere, but looking at the tube between my dishwasher and my sink, I see nothing like that. It may be from the garbage disposal, so I cleaned that out carefully with vinegar and baking soda, and ran a cup of vinegar with my dishwasher. It looks pretty clean now, but avoiding this would be nice too!

Oh, I can definitely see the garbage disposal being the culprit. I will give that a good clean and see if it helps. Thank you so much for your research!!

• Like 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oh, I can definitely see the garbage disposal being the culprit. I will give that a good clean and see if it helps. Thank you so much for your research!!

I think that was my culprit too. It was much better today! Good luck! Lemme know if yours is cleaner too!

• Like 2

Well, I think it's time to dial back the comfort food and get back to eating healthy foods. LOL. It's been a really fun week, but I feel a bit stretched out in the belly and the scales are not impressed by my cheese levels. I also have been slacking off on exercise. I could tell you that I'm busy with chores and work and that's all true, but I'm also sitting down a lot and taking a lot of baths as I listen to audiobooks. 

I bought some really nice produce for salads, and I'm going to make that tomorrow.  I think I have some chicken in the freezer I can thaw out for dinner. I also have a recipe turkey meatballs that doesn't use parmesan cheese, so I may try that out too. It involves running to the store, and I washed the cars today so I'm reluctant to go out and get them dirty again

More than feeling expansive, I just feel a bit sad. I know a lot of that is the weather, and the food, and probably hormones ... :D  It's really silly. But it's winter and this happens every winter, I get SAD, and I eat too much and then I say "Oh right, I get SAD," and then I up my vitamin D, eat better and exercise and then I feel better :)  What I need to do is just look at February and say "Hey... You may be grey and dismal, but I am a BUTTERFLY. Well, not a butterfly. I mean... have you read about how butterflies are formed? UGH. NO. NO THANK YOU.  

So I'm okay. I'm doing okay.  I think this is actually the best I've done so far in winter, having only really gone to shit on my diet for a week. Well done me, normally it's like a MONTH. LOL. So let's hit the brakes and move forward again. I don't have to FEEL happy, I can find comfort in knowing I'm taking care of myself and I will feel better when the sun shines again. :D 

• Like 6

Today was a lot better! More healthy food, less junk food. I got a lot done, but I was very distracted today by a mild but constant headache.  I was roasting chickpeas for my salad, and I was bored, so I put on my headphones and tidied the kitchen. Taking some stuff upstairs, the bathroom closet was a mess, so I tidied that up, and then realized I lost track of time, so I took off my headphones and ran downstairs where the timer patiently chirped. Some of the chickpeas were edible. :D My salad was pretty good, and now my bathroom closet is tidy!

• Like 4

I weighed in today at 230. I am a ping pong ball between 225 and 230.  225 is like a boss battle that keeps beating me.  I'm demoting it from boss to bump in the road and I'm focusing on 218. I'm not even thinking about 220s. I'm going to focus on eating a heart healthy diet and exercising for my health, and if I get past 220, I'll be closer to being able to easily keep my BP at healthy levels. Indeed. Focus on the big picture, Snarky. 

Following up on my earlier post about getting more social, I signed up to become a member for a regional chapter of an author/illustration organization that meets once a month to sketch together, and every other month to talk about projects.  I met the woman who runs the group and she's really nice, so this feels like a really safe step outside my comfort zone.  Now the hard part is showing up :D 

Well, I am procrastinating now.  :D  Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 5

That author/illustrator opportunity sounds really amazing! I hope you have a great time checking it out!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sovalis said:

That author/illustrator opportunity sounds really amazing! I hope you have a great time checking it out!

Thanks! I just learned that February's gathering is canceled so I'll have to wait until March now. It's okay. :) That gives me time to overthink it! :D 

• Like 2

Snarky is so Wise.

Snarky is no butterfly. 

Butterflies are goo.

• Haha 3

Today is trash day so I'm throwing out the store bought cookies. The Baileys brownies are still in the freezer :D  

I spent the day yesterday making a valentine's day garland for the mantle with felt hearts and pom-poms. It's one of the few times I've thought "I'm really glad I hoarded these craft supplies!"🥰   because I totally had everything I needed for the project. Perfect rainy day project. 

Today I am back up to a 30 minute walk and it's comfortable. I had a few days of ten minute walks and then a 20 minute walk yesterday. A couple days of eating better, increasing my vitamin D, and I'm feeling better and more grounded. The lies that come with seasonal depression are still there, but I'm able to filter it out better. Cleaning the house helps, such a funny thing. 10 year old me would be appalled :D 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Cleaning the house helps, such a funny thing. 10 year old me would be appalled

I'm sure the pom pom garland helps too and 10 year old you would be so happy!

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The Baileys brownies are still in the freezer :D  

If you need to you can send these to me :D 

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Cleaning the house helps, such a funny thing. 10 year old me would be appalled :D 

I love a clean house, hate doing the actual cleaning...mostly due to lack of time to do it the way I want

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda