So I skipped doing a challenge last time, even though I was here most days (thanks spammers), I even tracked in my spreadsheet. Lot was going on that I'll get into this week, as well as pictures of the rides I went on if y'all are interested in seeing them.

My goals are staying the same, as most of my challenges tend to do until I find a good reason to change them.  The simplified method seems to be working well with my life even if I'm not seeing results, I'm focusing on  how I feel and that is good enough right now.

All SET
( S )leep - 
( E )xercise
( T )rack - 

And because it wouldn’t be an RES challenge without some 5k’s, I've been focused more on Supernatural workouts so not certain I'm going to do these even though I've paid for them...

Upcoming Items

12/16 - Reindeer Run 5k - Done, 54 Minutes
12/17 - Candy Cane Course 5k - skipped
01/27 - Java Jog 5k - skipped

02/11 - Couple Shuffle 5k - skipped
03/09 - Time to Paddy 5k - Skipped
06/22 - Hometown Half 10k
07/07 - Firecracker 4mi
08/10 - Summer Sizzler 15k
09/28 - Donot Stop 10k
10/20 - Spooky Sprint 10k
11/10 - Turkey Trails 10k

Soo...the reason my road name is Eff U...

IMG_20240427_205458.jpg

And for D_R ;) 

Ivy2.jpg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Good to see you RES!

Yes to pictures please!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, RES said:

So I skipped doing a challenge last time

You also skipped starting this challenge with your signature Poison Ivy image. Just saying ;)

4 hours ago, RES said:

as well as pictures of the rides I went on if y'all are interested in seeing them.

Very much so, yes.

• Like 2

Lvl 61 Multitasker

7 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Good to see you RES!

Yes to pictures please!

Thank you! Good to be seen :D 

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

You also skipped starting this challenge with your signature Poison Ivy image. Just saying ;)

Very much so, yes.

Fixed... :lol: 

Pictures coming later today

• Like 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

20 hours ago, RES said:

I've been focused more on Supernatural workouts so not certain I'm going to do these even though I've paid for them

I have Supernatural, too! Maybe we can do that as an Oculus meet-up. :)

Always love your pictures.

Good to see you again. Here to cheer you on. ❤️ 

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

13 hours ago, Heidi said:

I have Supernatural, too! Maybe we can do that as an Oculus meet-up. :)

That would be so cool! I was reading not long ago how to do that, I'll have to see if I saved it :) 

It's crazy I'm so bummed about missing todays workout because I have an 8am dentist appointment (wth was I thinking making it at that hour?) my body could probably use the break though because the left side of my lower back is really acting up lately, like excruciating pain getting out of bed type of acting up :( 

So I was a little ambitious thinking I would have time to post pictures yesterday with month end starting at work and it being our 9 year wedding anniversary. We went to dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse (which was amazing!) but going to eat anywhere in Atlanta means an hour to get there, hour to get home, and at least two hours in the location, so we didn't get home till late and I didn't even turn my computer back on.

Soo, first set of pictures, April 6 - 13th we rode from our place in GA down to Key West FL. We picked up 2 other riders and a camper van that followed behind for support and gear (SAG wagon) in Jacksonville.

w5Fgewrm.jpg

The first day was spent ridding across the state to Bradenton FL, day two was spent riding from there across "alligator alley" to Florida City, "The Gateway to the Keys". We managed to grab a picture of an elevator shaft that was left after Hurricane Ian 

knqGjEPm.jpgCIblQ3Xm.jpg

Elevator shaft mural here is an article that talks more about it.

So of course, when ridding through Alligator Alley what else would you but stop and get pictures of the gators?

CfmTmnsm.jpg4ihnvkqm.jpgcOdJTk3m.jpgX5G9QKtm.jpg

And other wildlife

a8zhxP8m.jpgrT8VJpRm.jpgrlsfNUpm.jpg

Day three, riding over the bridges to Key West, 

tnf0DT0m.jpg

Look at that water ❤️ 

Ww5jkv1m.jpg

Quick picture on the side of the bridge

3TeR4BEm.jpg

Yes, this was taken in motion :lol: 

S9ZpxBHm.jpg

I've known this woman for 25 years, we were bloggers back in the day and were part of a group called the Z list, she lives in KW now and we got to meet for the first time in person!

Day four, heading to Melbourne, this is planning in the parking lot before leaving out

5XpigAZm.jpg

A39C0pFm.jpg

And more planning in Starbucks while getting breakfast

6oXDf5am.jpgbaf9XF7m.jpg

When you find a Harley dealer named "Alligator Alley Harley" you have to make a stop!

JPeFyYMm.jpg

Picked up a bandana because by this time my face was very windburned, and buffs are too tight for me to wear

Day five, another Harley dealer, this time "space coast"

J0863DDm.jpg

ran into a bit of weather, found a great place to wait it out

PaLQ7I4m.jpg

Not my preferred way to wash my bike

RJITiFAm.jpg

Final fuel stop before going our separate ways

cS7hkLsm.jpg

Day six, had to catch a ballgame since I was in town before heading home

OBTlwdnm.jpg

Last day, back home...total miles ridden this trip

uabKbAvm.jpg

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 6

Spoiler

Looks like an awesome trip!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 5/3/2024 at 10:02 AM, Shello said:

Looks like an awesome trip!  

It really was, I'll try to update with our GA ridding groups trip sometime this week!

So, the 'No promises" part of this challenge is I'm not making any promises to myself (or anyone else) regarding my ability to update regularly :lol: I found that trying to update every day was putting more stress on me than I realized, so it's not part of the goals at this time.

All SET - Week 0
( S )leep - 🌈⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( E )xercise - ⛈️🌈 🌈 🌈 ⛈️🌈 🌈
( T )rack -  🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈

All SET - Week 1
( S )leep - ⛈️ 🌈
( E )xercise - 🌈 🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈

Took time to set myself up for success this week with shopping and meal prep yesterday, funny how easy that is to do when D is out of town, I need to make sure I make the time to do it when she's here as well. 

We were supposed to ride Saturday for International Female Ride Day but the weather in GA had other plans :( So D went to work to cover a schedule and I caught up on my clients books.

Time to jump into VR.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Yikes, how is it Friday Eve already?

Haven't had time to upload the GA riding pictures, working on month end at the FTJ (full time job) and making sure clients books are caught up, it looks like I may be taking on two more clients ❤️ I love the work and money aspect but will need to make sure add it to the planner!

@Heidi it looks like D is going to have to drive again, so Friday evening or Saturday afternoon would be good for a beat saber meetup if that works for you?  I need to download the app on my phone so it reminds me when someone messages 🤦🏼‍♀️

All SET - Week 1
( S )leep - ⛈️ 🌈⛈️⛈️🌈
( E )xercise - 🌈 🌈🌈⛈️🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, RES said:

Yikes, how is it Friday Eve already?

Haven't had time to upload the GA riding pictures, working on month end at the FTJ (full time job) and making sure clients books are caught up, it looks like I may be taking on two more clients ❤️ I love the work and money aspect but will need to make sure add it to the planner!

@Heidi it looks like D is going to have to drive again, so Friday evening or Saturday afternoon would be good for a beat saber meetup if that works for you?  I need to download the app on my phone so it reminds me when someone messages 🤦🏼‍♀️

All SET - Week 1
( S )leep - ⛈️ 🌈⛈️⛈️🌈
( E )xercise - 🌈 🌈🌈⛈️🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

We are still having the same life!!!

Also, I have the app on my phone but don’t have notifications enabled, because I’m dim (and also because notifications are the devil).

Friday or Saturday works.

Friday after 6 — give me a shout. :) 

• Like 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Curious if this epic multiplayer game happened

See what had happened was....I was trying to catch up on work and ended up working till midnight cause D is out of town and completely spaced it :( 

• Sad 3

Spoiler

Work, and more work this week...month end completed at the full time job, new people starting all over the place and so many questions to answer. Onboarded a new client this weekend (referral from one of my other clients) and possibly have two more this week. D's job is short handed on drivers this time so she's having to do that...hopefully she gets people in place by next month so we can still make our trip to SD.

All SET - Week 1
( S )leep - ⛈️ 🌈⛈️⛈️🌈⛈️⛈️
( E )xercise - 🌈 🌈🌈⛈️🌈🌈🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

• Like 5

Spoiler

On 5/11/2024 at 6:26 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Curious if this epic multiplayer game happened

Stay tuned, because the short answer is "no it did not" and the longer answer is "yet ;) "

On 5/11/2024 at 8:28 AM, RES said:

See what had happened was....I was trying to catch up on work and ended up working till midnight cause D is out of town and completely spaced it :( 

Bc Res and I are living some bizarre parallel, I also spaced it Friday night, and then we chatted a bit about notifications, and pretty quickly I realized the only way this is going to happen is if we ping each other in the five minutes or so before we put the headset on. This might sound ridiculous and impossible, but our lives are also kind of ridiculous and impossible right now, so the "I'm jumping on for a few songs" "Dang, I'm stuck in a meeting" conversation is meaningful to me and helps relieve all the expectations-pressure I had been creating. There is now nothing but serendipity, and this makes me happy. :) 

Vivian wants to play sometime this weekend, if we can be bothered to get out of resting-and-reading mode during the rainy spell that is heading our way.

Serendipity scheduling FTW.

❤️

• Like 5

&Heidi

Spoiler

On 5/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, Heidi said:

so the "I'm jumping on for a few songs" "Dang, I'm stuck in a meeting" conversation is meaningful to me and helps relieve all the expectations-pressure I had been creating. There is now nothing but serendipity, and this makes me happy. :)

This makes me happy too my friend...and yes, for those wondering, this was an actual conversation! :lol: 

How is Sunday looking for you? D is heading back out on the road (damn being short handed on drivers, I do not sleep well when she's gone!) you have my number :D 

All SET - Week 2
( S )leep - ⛈️ ⛈️⛈️⛈️🌈⛈️
( E )xercise - ⛈️🌈 ⛈️🌈🌈🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Missed Tues workout due to having to take Mystic to the vet for her annual teeth cleaning.

She was not amused

5c1mYm3m.jpg

She still has not forgiven me 😕 

• Like 4

Spoiler

On 5/17/2024 at 10:42 PM, RES said:

How is Sunday looking for you? D is heading back out on the road (damn being short handed on drivers, I do not sleep well when she's gone!) you have my number :D 

Looking pretty good actually!

Vivian and I might hop on for a few songs (she’s on an Imagine Dragons kick —do you have that music pack? I am happy to gift it or others if you don’t) and most probably will be on after 5 eastern at some point. The recent “hop on for a few songs” is doing wonders for helping reclaim my stamina, so yes, more of this. :) 

Poor Mystic! She looks completely put out!

Hope she’s back to being more loving, and good for you for taking her ❤️ 

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Y'all, I started this post yesterday....opened my computer this morning and it's still sitting here looking at me 🤦🏼‍♀️

All SET - Week 2
( S )leep - ⛈️ ⛈️⛈️⛈️🌈⛈️⛈️
( E )xercise - ⛈️🌈 ⛈️🌈🌈🌈⛈️
( T )rack -  🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

I realized I'd never shared the Croozapalooza pictures...

C1QU4wam.jpg

First stop was Andersonville Cemetery. This dates back to the civil war as a POW camp and is still in use today. The museum has exhibits about POW's through every war in history.

JgUtIKim.jpg

Second stop and picnic lunch was in Providence Canyon State Park, 

sW5Ypgwm.jpg

Posing is not my strong point but if someone wants a picture of my bike I'm always happy to oblige.

BdDmkrYm.jpg

Last stop on the trip was Pasaquan, a very eclectic artist community that is now part of the university since the original artist passed away. I took a lot of pictures that when looking at them could be considered NSFW, at first glance they're fine, but then you begin to notice most of the figures depicted are anatomically correct

https://pasaquan.columbusstate.edu/

In other news, my two co-workers are leaving, one because he got another position with our old boss (not the toxic one lol) one because they found out that he had another, conflicting, FT job, so he put in his notice instead of getting terminated..

My boss has said she wanted to put in her notice because the new Sr VP and new CEO have been listening to the head of FPA and want to get rid of me. Not for cause mind you, my work is always complete and accurate. but because this guy is a condescending, misogynistic,  asshole, who never has anything good to say about accountants, mostly because he doesn't understand what it is we do, and because we won't change our actuals because they don't match his projections (GAAP compliance, heard of it?) When my boss asked about the reason behind why they wanted to replace me they couldn't give one, besides wanting someone younger without kids that would work long hours (seriously?)

Good part is it's not going to happen for 6-12 months, which gives me time to either find a new job or grow my business to the point I won't need to work for someone else. Speaking of which, I have a new client :D 

We had to cancel our trip to SD next month because this, and D's job is once again very unstable. Instead of dispatching she's having to drive a schedule now because they're short on drivers. This is for the best because we want to work on paying down our debt a little quicker.

29 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Vivian and I might hop on for a few songs (she’s on an Imagine Dragons kick —do you have that music pack? I am happy to gift it or others if you don’t) and most probably will be on after 5 eastern at some point. The recent “hop on for a few songs” is doing wonders for helping reclaim my stamina, so yes, more of this. :) 

I ❤️ Imagine Dragons!! I don't have any of the music packs but definitely need to look into that one :) I'll see you after 5 :D 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Spoiler

1 hour ago, RES said:

My boss has said she wanted to put in her notice because the new Sr VP and new CEO have been listening to the head of FPA and want to get rid of me. Not for cause mind you, my work is always complete and accurate. but because this guy is a condescending, misogynistic,  asshole, who never has anything good to say about accountants, mostly because he doesn't understand what it is we do, and because we won't change our actuals because they don't match his projections (GAAP compliance, heard of it?) When my boss asked about the reason behind why they wanted to replace me they couldn't give one, besides wanting someone younger without kids that would work long hours (seriously?)

Holy smokes, we really are living the same life. 

I’m glad you have several months to digest this and move out of this toxicity. 

I am more in the six weeks zone, and am using the time accordingly as well (but honestly, I just want the precarity to end and I’m being an emotional infant about it, which mostly looks like hoping that they will, in fact, make me a permanent employee and not, in fact, disband the entire (contractor-staffed) team).  Other than that and a couple industry certifications that I picked up last week, I occasionally send out resumes to jobs that are a good fit. SO far this hasn’t led to any new offers, but it’s a pretty saturated market right now.

ANYWAY.

❤️ Imagine Dragons!

See you this evening. B) 

• Like 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

I hope you get more clients so that you don't have to work in that company with toxic upper management anymore.

Really, work longer hours? If they think they have more work, they need to hire more people. And pay them.

Sorry that your vacation is getting put on hold because of all this nonsense. Is D looking for a different job? Based on what you've said, it sounds like the management at her company is not the greatest either.

Level 77  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

On 5/19/2024 at 11:47 AM, Heidi said:

Holy smokes, we really are living the same life. 

I’m glad you have several months to digest this and move out of this toxicity. 

I am more in the six weeks zone, and am using the time accordingly as well (but honestly, I just want the precarity to end and I’m being an emotional infant about it, which mostly looks like hoping that they will, in fact, make me a permanent employee and not, in fact, disband the entire (contractor-staffed) team).  Other than that and a couple industry certifications that I picked up last week, I occasionally send out resumes to jobs that are a good fit. SO far this hasn’t led to any new offers, but it’s a pretty saturated market right now.

ANYWAY.

❤️ Imagine Dragons!

See you this evening. B) 

That's mind boggling how similar our situations are.

Hope you're feeling better, Imagine Dragons will happen when it's time ❤️ 

47 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I hope you get more clients so that you don't have to work in that company with toxic upper management anymore.

Really, work longer hours? If they think they have more work, they need to hire more people. And pay them.

Sorry that your vacation is getting put on hold because of all this nonsense. Is D looking for a different job? Based on what you've said, it sounds like the management at her company is not the greatest either.

Thank you, It's surprising because it had gotten so much better since the really toxic ones left, I was enjoying working there, and my boss is awesome! We all do work long hours, not as long as we were because everything is starting to flow and settle down, but typically it's still a 10 hour day.

D is not looking, (she is part of the management) when she decides to leave or when the company goes under, she's decided she'll go back to driving, and has at least 1/2 a dozen places she could pick from to do that, including returning to Greyhound.

The thought of going strictly on my own is a bit...unnerving? I worry to much about the "what if's" and everything that could go wrong. I'll probably continue to look for a job, put together the paperwork to form an LLC, (I really should have done that already) and see what happens where I'm at...because I'm a really amazing employee and they'd be stupid to get rid of me :D 

All SET - Week 2
( S )leep - ⛈️ ⛈️
( E )xercise - 🌈🌈
( T )rack -  🌈🌈

• Like 2

Spoiler