4 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

It is a lot. Figuring out how much you an wrangle and being able to put the rest aside seems like the real task most of the time. In fitness and in life.

Yes! We don’t have to do all the things all the time. 

4 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Lunges are so weirdly aggressive for being a movement that feels pretty natural. I feel like I always find an owie when I do them.

“Weirdly aggressive” is a good description. I’m definitely going to change my lower body workouts after injuring the same muscle twice with lunges. There are a bazillion alternatives I can do.  At least it’s healing well so I won’t have to go to a doc and say “I pulled my butt!”

• Like 4

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

54 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yes! We don’t have to do all the things all the time. 

“Weirdly aggressive” is a good description. I’m definitely going to change my lower body workouts after injuring the same muscle twice with lunges. There are a bazillion alternatives I can do.  At least it’s healing well so I won’t have to go to a doc and say “I pulled my butt!”

There's plenty of variations of lunges too.  Lunges usually hurt my knees but curtsy lunges seem to avoid that.   Maybe at some point you'll find a variation that works for you too. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I decided not to weigh-in this weekend/monday because I really don't want to. My foot has completely recovered, and my butt is almost there, but I'm too busy, and that's going to keep going all week, and being able to say "I'm not stepping on that scale!" really makes me feel better.  My mindset is not awesome right now. I need some downtime, and I'm going to log off now and look at my calendar to plan that out 💜

• Like 7

Way to recognize your needs and prioritize self care.  I hope you feel positivity and warmth as you work through the week.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Good job being in tune with what you need. You are an inspiration! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 2/21/2024 at 9:54 AM, Shello said:

Way to recognize your needs and prioritize self care.  I hope you feel positivity and warmth as you work through the week.  

💜

22 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Good job being in tune with what you need. You are an inspiration! ❤️ 

💜

Thank you both, reading these comments really helped me get my day started with feeling emotionally bear-hugged, and I am very thankful!!

octopus-and-star-hug-that-star.gif.65f040efb5477371b8efe612f3394f2f.gif

• Like 3

Okay so I've worked on my calendar through April, and I'm going to be busy, but not overwhelmed. Given that there's just more appointments and commitments coming up now, I've also decided to schedule my workouts, and begin building up some meal plans so I'm not running to the store so much. I don't like it, but I don't like feeling overwhelmed either, and spring and fall are busy for me. I've enjoyed the slow pace from the last 6 weeks, but it's over now LOL.  I'm excited honestly. I'm ready to get my hiking shoes on and I'm ready to start spending mornigns in the yard chopping wood and moving rocks and yeah... bring it! :D 

• Like 7

I've decided to go back to using the Lose it! app, but I changed my goals and budgets. I'm focusing on eating enough protein (working towards 100g)  and fiber (working towards 30g) , and less on calorie restriction. I've increased my calories from 1470 to 1700.  You know that guideline of striving for 80/20 for healthy meals? I'm going for 70/30.  Because I like bagels. 

I'm increasing my activity level significantly now. I've scheduled strength training so I'm rotating through different muscle groups throughout the week in addition to getting a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio a day, working towards 60 minutes a day, splitting that into two workouts so I'm staying active all day. 

I'm adjusting my weight loss expectations from losing an average of a pound a week to half a pound. Even if I average a half pound weight loss each week that will let me lose 22 pounds this year, and that will be a huge impact on my overall health. 

I've also decided to weigh-in every other week. My body doesn't work on a schedule, and I don't think weighing in every week expecting results is realistic. Let's see how it goes for a couple months. :) 

Basically, I'm trying to focus more on long-term health over short term weight loss. I ran out of steam a while ago, and I think I just need to give myself more time and more freedom and more self-trust to accomplish my goals. If it takes me 2-3 years vs 1 year, that's okay. I'm making progress the whole way there. 

• Like 7

On 2/24/2024 at 10:08 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Because I like bagels. 

Me too! :D 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

3 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The grocery store near me makes really good sesame seed bagels. They are so good when toasty!!  Do you have a favorite?

Everything Bagels are my first favourite. Then jalepeno and cheese bagels. Then blueberry bagels. Yum. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The grocery store near me makes really good sesame seed bagels. They are so good when toasty!!  Do you have a favorite?

I like everything bagels, and blueberry ❤️ Peppers are not my friend so I have to avoid those (damn autoimmune :( )

• Like 2

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

8 minutes ago, RES said:

I like everything bagels, and blueberry ❤️ Peppers are not my friend so I have to avoid those (damn autoimmune :( )

Blueberry are really good though!! I like blueberry with a little cream cheese and and jam.  (happy bagel dancing)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Blueberry are really good though!! I like blueberry with a little cream cheese and and jam.  (happy bagel dancing)

How I Met Your Mother Foodgasm GIF

• Like 3

Spoiler

This may be cliche but I'm a sucker for a cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese from Panera.    

I also like to make sandwiches with plain bagels - sliced cheddar or havarti (or both) and some cheddar and sour cream chips!  Add lettuce if you want to be healthy.  :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shello said:

This may be cliche but I'm a sucker for a cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese from Panera.    

I also like to make sandwiches with plain bagels - sliced cheddar or havarti (or both) and some cheddar and sour cream chips!  Add lettuce if you want to be healthy.  :) 

Bagel sandwiches are fantastic!! I like them too. I do like lettuce, but more for the refreshing quality. It just lightened some of the heaviness  of the sandwich. I like roast beef and cheddar with lettuce and tomato. nomnomnomnom :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Bagel sandwiches are fantastic!! I like them too. I do like lettuce, but more for the refreshing quality. It just lightened some of the heaviness  of the sandwich. I like roast beef and cheddar with lettuce and tomato. nomnomnomnom :D 

My favorite bagel sandwich was the Chicken Egg and Cheese breakfast at Chick-fil-A before they took it off the menu.  That coincided with gluten-freedom for me, so at least I didn't have to feel the pain of that loss for too long.  Every now and then I'll splurge on a GF bagel and make a breakfast sandwich with it at home--cream cheese, fried ham, scrambled egg, slice of cheddar, bacon, tomato, and more cream cheese.  So good!

• Like 3

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

47 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

My favorite bagel sandwich was the Chicken Egg and Cheese breakfast at Chick-fil-A before they took it off the menu.  That coincided with gluten-freedom for me, so at least I didn't have to feel the pain of that loss for too long.  Every now and then I'll splurge on a GF bagel and make a breakfast sandwich with it at home--cream cheese, fried ham, scrambled egg, slice of cheddar, bacon, tomato, and more cream cheese.  So good!

Oho! What is it about a good breakfast sandwich? This sounds really delicious. 

• Like 1

This week started off amazing with lots of exercise, hiking, thunderstorms and taking charge of my life, and then I got really sick from PMS and you know, some months are easy, and some aren't.  Thankfully more cycles are easier than not. 

The thunderstorms were amazing though. I really enjoyed them. It was all day long and we could see the lightning! And then BOOM the thunder would hit and we'd all jump, even though we knew it would be loud. It was a LOT of fun to just stay inside and read books and look out the window. 

I deleted a lot of apps from my phone this week. And then I deleted some more. Mostly social media, video streaming and games. I'm just tired of my phone being a distraction, and it sounds silly to admit this, but I felt like I needed a reason to not have this stuff on my phone, like I needed to justify why I didn't have those apps, and I realized I could say "Because I don't want it on my phone." Not wanting them IS my reason and it's good enough.  And just expanding that mindset to my whole life. I don't have to show the thought process behind every choice I make. I don't have to provide documentation. It opens up a LOT for me, and I'm really excited about it.

• Like 4

I took my measurements and they are very similar to last month.   I'm going to wait to get weighed until Monday. but fully dressed after breakfast, I weighed 229, and that's okay too.  I'm considering weighing in fully dressed in the future, simply because I can't strip down to my underwear at the doctor's office when I get weighed in, even though I'm SURE they've heard people say "You should see me naked! I weigh 3 pounds less!"

Mom found a 30 day yoga program, and she started it yesterday. I'm starting it today :) She really likes being a day ahead of me, which is funny.  So this is what my workout day looks like now:  morning warm up, yoga, strength-training, 40 min cardio, evening stretches. I like this a lot, and it's tiring, but I feel like this is all good stuff. I just want to keep adding activity throughout the day so that I can go on longer hikes, start riding my bike,  go swimming. Just get out and DO stuff, yeah?

Well, I should go do that now :D See you soon

edit: I did it! I added another set to my upper body workout today, 3 sets of 15 with 4 pound dumbbells, then the yoga, and 25 minutes of fitness boxing. My arms are tired, but I feel good! I really like the woman who does the yoga, I'll find a link and share it next time. 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

40  minutes of yoga today.  Last week was a struggle, but this week shouldn't pose any hormone-related problems. This week I am going to stick to the exercise schedule, and focus on my nutrition.  I'm going to focus this week on drinking more water and eating less sugar. I'm saying this as I finish a piece of chocolate and drink my second cup of coffee. :)  It's so easy to plan to cut sugar out when you have some in hand. LOL.  

• Like 5

I the weather getting nice there too?   It's nice to be able to get outside practically every day without thinking about it.  

• Like 2