2 hours ago, Shello said:

I the weather getting nice there too?   It's nice to be able to get outside practically every day without thinking about it.  

It was 70 degrees outside today! I'll drop back down to high 50s tomorrow but wow. It is really lovely outside. We're really enjoying it but also like... it's only March, winter can still come back, but it doesn't feel likely. 

• Like 4

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

Leg Day:

1 set of strong lower body

15 minute walk

20 minutes yoga.

I haven't been sleeping well, and it showed up in my workout today. I did the bare minimum. The good news is that Leg Day comes around again Thursday so I'll have a chance to redeem myself after some good sleeping. I have whatever virus is going around I think. I don't feel sick but my sinuses and my head hurt a lot. A friend of mine had it earlier and went to the ER and they did all sorts of tests and said it was a virus she had to wait out. So I'm glad she went through that hassle so that a week later, I'm like "Oh okay, it's that virus." LOL. 

• Like 5

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

The titmouse is back. But I appreciated the break. 

Today:

Yoga- 20 minutes

Core Strongs- 20 reps of various crunches and bird dogs. Planking for unknown seconds as I started humming the muppet theme song instead of counting.

Walk-20 minutes. 

Yardwork- 40 minutes

I also did some cleaning today! It feels good to be feeling better and active. I did take a 20 minute nap today, and I cut my strongs and walking in half after doing the yard work.   I may still go for a walk this evening just to get my time in though. But right now, I'm sitting with toenails painted purple and drying. It's quite lovely!  I had considered changing my schedule up a bit, but I eventually decided that I can handle it.  When I really need a rest day, I'll take it. 

snore. Okay. I'm going to go do stuff. See ya later!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

The exercise schedule works. I don't like it, but I appreciate it. 

today:

20 minutes fitness boxing

20 minutes yoga

3 sets of upper body strongs/ 12 reps/ 5 lb dumbbells

Edited: 

I couldn't physically do the plan today.  I got 25 minutes of yoga, and 1 set of 15 reps with 4 pound weights for my upper body workout.  The yoga is challenging me, and I'm feeling my full body weight in some of the poses and this instructor holds poses sometimes for a LONG time, which is good because it gives me time to correct myself, but is a good workout. 

I'll get stronger and the more I lose weight, the easier it will be... But for now, I need to stretch out my sore muscles. 

I did clean my bathroom really well though. It's funny how cleaning makes me feel better after a tough workout. Like "My muscles aren't strong enough, but I can clean a bathtub dammit! I'm strong!" :D 

• Like 5

Maybe you need to alternate the yoga and the dumbbell workouts?

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Spoiler

Mom had Transient Global Amnesia on Thursday morning after our yoga session. The risk factors are being over 50 and having a history of migraines, which applies to her. While there's no known cause for it, being under a lot of stress and strenuous activity may cause it. My dad had a meltdown that morning, and we moved a heavy piece of furniture, followed by an intense yoga session. She was stressed out when we began yoga. Mom says she felt like it was a dream. Hard to remember and slippery.  It's not a stroke, and the good news is it is very unlikely to happen again. Most people who have TGA only get it once, maybe twice.   

She was fine all through yoga, and when we sat up, she spent a long time staring at her feet and said "Do my legs look like two different colors to you?" and I said "Is that an old tan line from one of your excursions?" and she said "No, that wouldn't be like that now. " And then she looked up and said "What are you talking about?" and I said "Your cruise with Dad" and she said "I went on a cruise?" and I said "Yeah!" and she said "When did I do that?" and I said "In January" and she said "I don't remember that."  and I kept telling her about it and she didnt' remember. Then she didn't remember Dad falling the day before and breaking an end table, or moving the furniture in the morning, and I was like "Shit, we gotta go." I coaxed her upstairs, and told Dad what was happening and quickly packed fresh underwear, socks, a clean shirt, and a night gown. I also packed her phone, wallet, medications, and phone charger. We were in the car in about 5 minutes. 

Dad stayed home the first day, which I was glad for. I can't navigate a blind man and a confused woman at once. My brother came to stay with him, and I drove mom to the hospital. I didn't call an ambulance because she wasn't showing obvious signs of a stroke, and I thought I could get her to the hospital faster than an ambulance, because she would go with me instead of a stranger and I could keep her calm on the car ride down.  She couldn't hold onto what just happened, it would fade from her and we had the same conversation several times on the way.  The hospital staff were AMAZING.  She walked in and said "I think I had a stroke!" and the woman at the desk stood up and said "Fill out this form" and she said  "Okay! and she looked at it, and the woman called for immediate assistance and then said "Why don't we have your daughter sign this?" and I filled out the forms while Mom went into triage. They ruled out a stroke almost immediately- whew! But she needed ALL THE TESTS to rule out scary stuff. That's why we were there, so no problem! She started to clear up after a couple hours and just got clearer and sharper as the day went on. They decided to keep her overnight, and I stayed with her until about 9:45pm and then went home to eat cereal, talk to Dad, and go to bed. When I talked to Dad I shook really hard, and I just let myself shake since he couldnt' see me, and it helped. Irt was like just shaking off the stress of the day. 

The  next morning, I said to Dad, I want to leave later this morning. And he said "I need to shower and work out and vacuum" and I said "We'll see how much you can get done." And I made him eggs and toast. Then he showered and worked out, and I made him a meaty wrap around 11 and said "You need to eat this, because we're not going to be able to eat until dinner. I packed water bottles for both of us, and told him to wear a jacket because the rooms were cold. And he was like "I need to do this, and that." and I said "I want to leave now. You can come with me or stay home." and he was like "I'm coming!"  So we spent the afternoon with Mom and she told Dad he needs to see a therapist and that he can make a virtual appointment, but she cannot be everything to him anymore. She just said "You need to talk to someone about how hard it is being blind." and he said "There's an organization for blind people that will provide that!" and she said "Do it then." Will it help? I dunno. It's not his fault this happened, but we can't keep going on this way either. He needs help we can't give him. 

Mom is basically like "I gotta take better care of myself. So things are going to change." and I'm really proud of her. And they ARE changing already, so YES. Good. This is excellent! She doesn't have any serious health problems but she's like "I don't want to GET anything serious. Let's keep things good"

So that's where we are currently. I am so tired. It was really scary, y'all.  I am also so relieved. We got so lucky, and I am grateful. And still a little freaked out.

I'm counting calories again, and we're going to take our diets to the next level. I'm also adjusting my calorie counts back down to an average of 1500.  Between Mom and Dad this year,...These are my genes!  I am paying attention.  I'm going to be looking for more vegetarian meals that don't have a lot of saturated fat, sugar, or salt. We're gonna get spicy :) Our last challenge of the year ends November 25, and I'm going to lose 35 pounds. I'm currently 226 so that will put me at 191. From there, I'll maintain over December, and set a new weight loss goal for 2025.

I'm taking today and tomorrow to just deal with feelings and plan ahead and then Monday I'll be back on my schedule. 

Spoilered for length. Everyone is really good now, but it was a hard couple of days. 

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Oh wow. That's a lot. Hugs for you, Friend. 💜

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, Emma said:

Hugs

💜

14 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Kudos to you on handling everything!

💜

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oh wow. That's a lot. Hugs for you, Friend. 💜

💜

Thanks friends! Mom has been home for a couple days now, and she's been pretty good. We all just kinda processed what happened and did some more reading about TGA. Mom is understandably nervous it could happen again. We're going to do yoga today for the first time since her episode which will be nerve wracking, but we'll take it slow :) 

• Like 4

Such a scary couple of days!  I'm glad it wasn't anything serious!  

• Like 2

Back on the exercise schedule. Mom

and I have ditched the 30 day yoga program because it leveled up too fast for us and neither of us are willing to risk another brain blip. 

We have some yoga tapes that we like we can do instead. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Anyone else still screwed up by jumping ahead one hour? I'm getting like five hours of sleep a night and I need a nap. How are y'all doing?

I am so f*cked up.  I am getting close to the same number of hours but I just can't get enough sleep and I am dragging All.The.Time.  I hope you get caught up soon! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shello said:

I am so f*cked up.  I am getting close to the same number of hours but I just can't get enough sleep and I am dragging All.The.Time.  I hope you get caught up soon! 

I’m glad its not just me! I’m hoping by this weekend we are back to normal sleep and feeling rested

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m glad its not just me! I’m hoping by this weekend we are back to normal sleep and feeling rested

I took a mini nap after work yesterday, had a couple drinks in a hot bath and then went to bed early.  I woke up feeling human again!  

• Like 1

I am also struggling. Things are starting to turn around, but being off for a week to compensate for a one hour change is a bad deal. I would like a refund. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Shello said:

I took a mini nap after work yesterday, had a couple drinks in a hot bath and then went to bed early.  I woke up feeling human again!  

That sounds like a good remedy. I may have to try that tonight! :D 

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I am also struggling. Things are starting to turn around, but being off for a week to compensate for a one hour change is a bad deal. I would like a refund. 

"1/5 stars. Do not recommend"

• Like 3

After trying out my new exercise schedule for a few weeks, I am here to tell you that it's not working for me. I don't feel strong, I feel tired. I've taken a few days off and I feel so much better, and I'm cleaning the house and cooking meals and have energy to do stuff! And now I'm going to add yard work to the list of stuff I have to do in my life, so I'm just done with this ambitious schedule. Instead, I'm just going to focus on strength training 2x a week and being active every day, whether it's a "workout" or just getting chores done, or enjoying a hike. I want to stay active because that's really good for my blood pressure and HDL cholesterol, but I'm just wearing myself out here. 

I've also started cutting back on sugar and caffeine. That is harder but those are migraine triggers for me, and I'm just like "I know this, why am I not changing it?" It's just stupid stubborn to keep consuming stuff that causes me pain.

This it the plan for the next weight loss PVP.  I'm not going to level up or add more to my plate. When I feel like "I can be doing more!" that will be a great day to tackle a big cleaning project or go for a hike. My life is stressful enough living with my Dad, who while a lovely person, can't problem solve and is prone to panic attacks and paranoia. And times like the last week when my Mom is unable to help out, it's just a LOT of work for me.  Right now, I feel like I'm winning when I remember to floss, so I just need to remove a lot of distractions and be consistent for a while, even if that means lowering the bar quite a bit.

• Like 4

Great plan!  There are plenty of ways to stay active and you can get more done if you’re not overdoing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1