9 hours ago, RES said:

If you need to you can send these to me :D 

lol! You’re too kind!

9 hours ago, RES said:

I love a clean house, hate doing the actual cleaning...mostly due to lack of time to do it the way I want

This is something I had to come to terms with. When I lived in an apartment, I could clean the whole thing in a day or weekend With this house, I can’t  do that.  I have settled for just taking on one task a day and accepting it will never be fully done lol

• Like 2

Snarky has gotten lost in the woods and will return in September 2024. 

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

It was a quiet week. Fitness-wise, I drank a lot of water, and cut way back on added sugar. I didn't use the Lose it! app this week, just focusing on keeping inflammation down and staying hydrated.  I went walking every day except the days I had a bad hormone headache. Some days I walked ten minutes and I was done, some days I walked 30 minutes.  I didn't have a goal beyond being outside and moving. That will continue into this week.  Weigh-in was 226. 5, dropping 3.5 pounds last week, supporting my less sugar/more water changes. 

I can't believe it's Monday already. I feel like it's still Wednesday from last week! Have a great week, everyone!

• Like 4

We are finally taking down the christmas tree today. It feels like it's time. :D I have enjoyed it so much throughout January. There are several neighbors who still have Christmas lights on at night, and it's definitely a difficult winter mood-wise for so many people, isn't it? I appreciate each house that I drive by with lights on.

The dumbbells are out. They are looking at me. I'm looking at them.  They're waiting for me to make a move. It's getting pretty tense in here. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The dumbbells are out. They are looking at me. I'm looking at them.  They're waiting for me to make a move. It's getting pretty tense in here. 

Make the first move!  It'll scare them into submission! 

• Haha 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

8 hours ago, Shello said:

Make the first move!  It'll scare them into submission! 

I will have another chance tomorrow. I did go for two walks today though, and it was sunny. But I really do need to challenge my muscles more, they are feeling neglected. Maybe I should put googly eyes on the weights so they're really looking :D 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This morning I picked up the dumbells and did a couple sets. It was equally wonderful and horrible.  I'm thrilled!

Pro Wrestling Win GIF by Looney Tunes

Exactly how I feel on weight day!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

23 hours ago, RES said:

Exactly how I feel on weight day!

:D It's a funny combination of feeling isn't it?  I'm working on figuring out how many times I have to do it a week to feel good. For a while, I was over doing it, so I'm trying to just add back slowly and figure out what a good balance is. 

• Like 2

Kicking Super Bowl GIF

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!

Today there will be NACHOS, and I'm excited about it. I'm weighing in a day early because....NACHOS. :D  I said it in the weight loss PVP, it won't wreck my diet but it will wreck my weigh-in I'm at 224.5 pounds this week, and I'm back on track to meet my goal of 219 by March 18. 

My diet is good. I loosened my grip on it a little this week and ate pizza and chocolate and still lost weight. I think it's at a good place and I'm going to maintain this level next week. 

This week was a big step up in exercise. I walked 5 days this week between 20-50 minutes, and did a strength training workout. Next week I'd like to add another strength training workout and maintain the rest. I'm going to be stepping up my activity level anyway because I skipped all my cleaning routines last week in favor of exercise and food prep. I really need to clean this week because certain areas are getting threatening to become monsters and no one wants to deal with a toilet that has grown teeth.  :D  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

no one wants to deal with a toilet that has grown teeth. 

Ah, yes....speaking from relatively recent experience, toilets with teeth are awful monsters! Squash that monster before it grows!!! 😂

• Haha 2

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

I've got mild tendonitis in my Achilles tendon, so I've been resting for a few days.  My weight settled around 226 again. And I've been here for a while now. A long while. I'm eating 1500 calories a day about, and I think I need more protein in my diet. I also think my exercise levels are great for maintenance. I need to dramatically step it up, and mix it up. So I'm going to start today. yeah.... :)

Monsters Inc Running GIF

• Like 7

I feel you on being stuck, and having an injury on top of it.  Be careful with your tendonitis.  Give it the rest it needs!  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shello said:

I feel you on being stuck, and having an injury on top of it.  Be careful with your tendonitis.  Give it the rest it needs!  

Thanks! I went to get the mail today and decided more rest would be good. Trying some exercise that doesn’t involve my feet. 

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Oooof sorry to hear about the injury

Thanks! Very rude of it, really. 

• Like 6

On 2/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Thanks! Very rude of it, really. 

My thoughts exactly!

• Haha 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No Promises

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hey friends!

The tendonitis is still bugging me a little bit. I've shifted my focus this week to strength and flexibility training, and I've gone from my heaviest dumbbell being 4 pounds to 8 pounds.  I'M MIGHTY! :D I'm thinking about those bags of mulch and dirt for May and June. 

I gained a pound and a half this week, but I feel really good, so the scale doesn't know everything. I feel like my hands are full, and I'm still figuring out how to get it all working: nutrition, strength, healthy weight, good blood pressure and heartrate, , good bloodwork, good eye pressures, healthy skin, good mobility and flexibility, stress management and it's a LOT, and I'm trying to just do it, and not make more work for myself or overcomplicate things.  I do want to kinda write down a simple plan to look at in the morning so I'm staying on top of everything, but I'm not there yet.

• Like 5

On 2/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I gained a pound and a half this week, but I feel really good, so the scale doesn't know everything.

So true!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went over making a simple plan,and it basically comes down to eating three meals a day and logging my workouts in my planner so I can tell the difference between feeling lazy and needing a rest day. That I don't need my fitbit on all the time, and that I dont' need to count calories everyday but those tools are available to me if I need them. As for keeping track of everything, I just need to slow down a bit and stop fussing so much.

Once again,  I've pulled a butt muscle while doing lunges.  The pain in my foot has dulled but also spread a bit throughout the foot.  I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and my sore butt and foot and feeling a smidge bitter about the whole thing. The coffee helps.  I'll recover, I'll ease up a bit next time, and it will be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

49 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Once again,  I've pulled a butt muscle while doing lunges. 

Tell your butt to stop being such a butthead. 

• Haha 4

On 2/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I gained a pound and a half this week, but I feel really good, so the scale doesn't know everything. I feel like my hands are full, and I'm still figuring out how to get it all working: nutrition, strength, healthy weight, good blood pressure and heartrate, , good bloodwork, good eye pressures, healthy skin, good mobility and flexibility, stress management and it's a LOT, and I'm trying to just do it, and not make more work for myself or overcomplicate things.  I do want to kinda write down a simple plan to look at in the morning so I'm staying on top of everything, but I'm not there yet.

It is a lot. Figuring out how much you an wrangle and being able to put the rest aside seems like the real task most of the time. In fitness and in life. 

18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Once again,  I've pulled a butt muscle while doing lunges. 

Lunges are so weirdly aggressive for being a movement that feels pretty natural. I feel like I always find an owie when I do them.

• Like 3

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter