First off - I'm alive. Things got (and in some ways still are) crazy.

I'm mostly chiming in to let folks know that I'm still among the living but probably won't really participate in the rest of this challenge either. I'm busy and exhausted and not in the right headspace.

I'm ok health-wise (no scares there either). Still employed (in the same job). Things went sideways with the side gig (I'll have to go and see where we were in THAT saga I'm pretty sure I'd mentioned at least part of that) and we're regrouping there.

We were somewhat in Helene's path - but we're fine where we are. We chose this property carefully with even the occasional rogue hurricane in mind. Mine and hubby's minds are a strange place to be. Trust me - but we've probably thought of 8 problems and 20 solutions you never even considered for so many things. It explains alot though (like the headaches LOL).

I'm busy and have been thinking of y'all, just haven't been able to put a few words together. I get on our friend that suffers from depression when we pester him to at least raise a flag that you're ok. Just a simple "I'm alive but want to be left alone" will do - but we worry. So in that vain - I'm alive I'm just muddling through and don't have the spoons to post here at the moment. I'm not even really backsliding on stuff (just still can't get up and walk in the AM  and need to do a bit of house cleaning).

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aru5l11f0hl3x5vila

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

44 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

We were somewhat in Helene's path - but we're fine where we are. We chose this property carefully with even the occasional rogue hurricane in mind. Mine and hubby's minds are a strange place to be. Trust me - but we've probably thought of 8 problems and 20 solutions you never even considered for so many things. It explains alot though (like the headaches LOL).

I understand this. My property is not in the lahar path of the nearest volcano (which hasn't had a significant eruption in several hundred years). Yes, I checked before I bought it. I'm glad you're in a good place.

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

Ok - a few updates from "when we last left our heros" realms.

Side Gig - we still don't know what happened\what our employee was even accused of at the "big event". We declined to do the Worlds event. We don't know "who" ended up doing that event (and I hope it cost them double or more - which is what we SHOULD have charged, but I digress). Things weren't "smooth" as I understand, but things got done. Our partner asked us to buy him out (which we did) so we're regrouping there. Looking at other things to do and see if we can\want to relaunch what we WERE doing. We have all of the inventory - the buy out was essentially the equiv "cash" we initially put in. He didn't go into "why" he wanted out and we didn't really ask. I have opinions, but no facts - remains to be seen if we ever truly know.

OK - on to the Litter Robot saga. I should have pulled the plug and sent it back. My senior kitties were having trouble with the clumping litter so on a whim, I used some of the crystal litter I still had on hand and it works great! You have to use a bit less litter, but having it "sit" for 30 min then run a cycle, it works quite well. So I've now changed back to the Crystal litter for the box that's still there and crossing my fingers they'll start to all use the litter robot - 2 of 3 WILL but I'm beginning to think Mom's cat just won't - so it's a really expensive trash can at the moment. Crossing my fingers maybe they'll all use it because I'd much rather just cycle that to empty every 3-5 days w\o having to do a lot of being\scooping\scraping. 

And work has been crazy - but we're making sales which means more $$ so I'll just have to make the most of it (and maybe hire out cleaning the house LOL).

• Like 3

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Hi

It sounds like things have been busy for you. I just wanted to pop in and Say Hi.

I totally understand the "been thinking of people without being able to put words together." That is a common state at the moment.

I hope things settle for you a bit.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

❤️ I was concerned about Helene and I'm glad you're alive.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi