Forums are back in action! ×

Got nerdy ink?

My first tattoo, I got this a few months ago. 

07ed7dfa-9bf9-4b32-ab8a-10de64674b7a_zps

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I've been really wanting to get a Sailor Moon chest piece. I have it all planned out, down to the artist and colors. I soooooo wait it.

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

got this basic V on the inside of my right ankle. nothing fancy. it stands for "veritas" [latin for "truth"]
1493tht.jpg

also, if/when i reach my fitness goals, i'm planning on rewarding myself with something like this swirly celtic design, which to me will stand for the idea of the maiden/woman/crone cycle. sums up my feminist ideology pretty well.  ^_^
53lavc.jpg
as far as placement for that one, i'm thinking somewhere on the left side of my torso, maybe on my upper rib cage.

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

Not sure I can say any of my current ones are particularly nerdy. However, I would love to get an aperture some day soon (love of photography and Portal!). And I have gone all botanical-nerd on the one I'm hoping to get next, so...

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Guest Dirty Deads

Don't know how to post the pictures, but I have "The Pen Is Mightier Then The Sword" with a quill on my back and The Venom spider from Spiderman on my head.

If you read PENIS instead of Pen Is, you have an unnatural love for cocks that should be addressed by a professional therapist.

Guest Dirty Deads

Alex Trebek: Mr. Connery. Why don't you pick a category?

Sean Connery: I've got to ask you about the Penis Mightier.

Alex Trebek: What? No. No, no, that is The Pen is Mightier.

Sean Connery: Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis, man?

Alex Trebek: It's not a product, Mr. Connery.

Sean Connery: Because I've ordered devices like that before - wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. And if The Penis Mightier works, I'll order a dozen.

Alex Trebek: It's not a Penis Mightier, Mr. Connery. There's no such thing!

Nicholas Cage: Wait, wait, wait.. are you selling Penis Mightiers?

Alex Trebek: No! No, I'm not.

Sean Connery: Well, you're sitting on a gold mine, Trebek!

LOL! Damn Canadian is holding out on us, I know it. I mistyped, THAN*,not then. No more typing when tired.

No pictures available yet, and they're not nerdy, but I have a green dragon with red and yellow wings tearing through the skin on my right calf and a purple and blue chromish looking lion's head on my left

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So I have a microscope on one arm, my osteology tattoo on the other, and a Greek history tattoo on my foot. Then a picture of my getting tattooed for shiggles. I have more, but they are not quite as nerdy. My next tattoos will be an eye on my wrist and a piece for my chemistry fraternity on my calf. Sorry that the photos are so bad. 

Mms picture (4)

1005776 151362965060134 1149208586 N

995459 153137894882641 565359510 N

936483 129439820585782 262400141 N

Level 0, Human Druid

[sTR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]

"'Impossible' is not a scientific term." - Vanna Bonta

I am designing my first tattoo... but I have no idea how to go about picking a place to have it done or anything... all I know is I have seen some pretty crappy tattoos and I don't want something crappy!! 

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I am designing my first tattoo... but I have no idea how to go about picking a place to have it done or anything... all I know is I have seen some pretty crappy tattoos and I don't want something crappy!! 

Once you have figured out a design, look at artist portfolios in your area (or wherever you are willing to go). Look at their styles and see if they are good at what style you are looking for. If a tattoo artist mostly does traditional work, and you want photorealism, you may not get what you want. 

Level 0, Human Druid

Once you have figured out a design, look at artist portfolios in your area (or wherever you are willing to go). Look at their styles and see if they are good at what style you are looking for. If a tattoo artist mostly does traditional work, and you want photorealism, you may not get what you want. 

so how do you find artist portfolios? 

and I am not entirely sure what the difference between traditional and photorealism is (is photorealism where you get a picture?)

I feel super stupid :P

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

so how do you find artist portfolios? 

and I am not entirely sure what the difference between traditional and photorealism is (is photorealism where you get a picture?)

I feel super stupid :tongue:

basically find a shop in your area that you would feel comfortable with, then ask any of them if you could see their portfolio. they should have a book of different things they've done, and they may even show you some designs they are currently working on.

traditional tattoos are like the styles you see in old pictures of sailors or bikers (think something along the lines of a heart with "Mom" somewhere connected). photo-realism are the tattoos that look kinda like someone just took something and pasted it onto their body (portraits are photo-realism, but so are flowers)

I hope that helped.

as for my own nerdy ink, I don't have any. yet. but I'm in the process of getting a Doctor Who quote translated into Gallifreyan to go down my spine. and I'm wanting a few Alice in Wonderland quotes, and some from Tolkien (I have a thing for quotes...). I'm also wanting the Autobot symbol. and the 1992 Batsignal.

• Like 1

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo

so if I want something that looks like real waves or real fire that would be photorealism?

and I must say... I like quotes too :D

Spoiler

so if I want something that looks like real waves or real fire that would be photorealism?

Well... it depends. Do you want it to look like a photo or a painting? EG: I have a watercolor rose on the back of my neck which isn't photo-like, but still looks like a very well-done watercolor painting. Does that make sense? 

Level 0, Human Druid

think so. honestly, what I would do is just shop around at different shops in the area, with a rough idea of what you want done and where, and look at portfolios of each artist in the shop, and maybe get some price guesses for the piece you're thinking about. and each shop has their own "vibe" kinda thing. if you don't feel completely comfortable and relaxed with a shop, I would say don't even use them. some artists miiiight let you sit in on a session (if the client is ok with it, obviously) so you can see how they work and all. (I had this happen with my tattoo on my foot, and also when I got my lip pierced)

don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. 9 times out of 10, the artists have heard the questions before (even ones that may seem way crazy) and are fine with answering them. a lot of them are really well rounded with their work and can do almost anything you ask, but obviously they'll each have something they like to do more (and are even better at) than the others. I knew an artist in Arizona who specialized in oriental themed work, but she's also really great at portraits. I also knew a guy that absolutely hated doing any kind of writing in his tattoos, because he felt it was extremely difficult copying specific fonts, or even someones handwriting, but he could free-hand just about anything you asked for with no problems, exactly as you wanted it. it really just depends on the shops and artists.

• Like 1

My Epic Quest

Follow me on Duolingo