Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone,

So to preface, I "joined" NF something like 3 years ago, but I don't think I ever did anything with it.  In the intervening three years, a whole lot of life happened.  I moved, and moved, and moved again.  I met someone, we started dating, and then we got engaged last year.  We're getting married this November.  I've also gained about 90 pounds in the last three years.  I'm now at my highest weight pretty much ever.  Both my fiancé and I are above the 400 lb mark right now.  We are both doing Weight Watchers, which has worked for us in the past, but we've hit a rough patch with a change of jobs and a lot of stress for us this year, with the wedding and family stuff.  We recently got together with a friend who is for lack of a better term a fitness coach.  They are going to be providing us with a diet that is essentially Paleo, maybe a bit modified, and then a workout plan, but they won't be there with us during the workouts.  I am still hoping to maybe find a personal trainer, but right now funds are tight, with saving for the wedding, honeymoon, and my fiancé is also looking for teaching jobs across all of Texas, so we're preparing to potentially move.  

What motivates me:

My fiancé, obviously.  We have a lot of big goals.  I am trying to start a business, we both want to travel the world and eventually we both want to open a theatre somewhere.  We want to have children and to be fit enough to keep up with the kids and also to be a healthy role model for them.  I also want to live an active lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle, and I want to live a long time, obviously.

What I'm interested in:

Fitness-wise, I'm interested in weight loss, strength training, muscle building, yoga & martial arts (both things I want to try but haven't done), swimming, and running.  I remember when I used to run as a kid in PE, it was the best feeling ever.  

Otherwise, I'm interested in theatre, opening and running my own business, and I love animals and the great outdoors.  We've both discussed moving to a place with a better emphasis on health, fitness, and the outdoors.  We live in Texas, and it's hard to do things outdoors sometimes because of how hot it can be and we both really love the beach, and that's obviously no where near us, living in the DFW area.  We've considered Colorado or California as places to eventually look, but right now we're going to be in Texas, and we want to make the best of it.  

I don't know what I hope to get out of this forum yet, but I'm hoping to find support, some new ideas, and knowledge.

• Like 1

Welcome (back) and good luck.  I've been here about a month and I've seen some major changes.  Posting every day in the Battle Log section is actually keeping me honest with working out.  As for dieting, I've found that some of the best foods I love to eat are completely okay in my diet.

Just remember to keep your motivation up, and help your soon-to-be-bride keep her motivation up.  As long as the two of you keep each other motivated, anything is possible.

but I'm hoping to find support, some new ideas, and knowledge.

Hey there and welcome!! You'll definitely find ideas and knowledge around here, everyone is super helpful and has been awesome so far (I just started last month.) Someone gave me great advise on my welcome thread - the more you put into the community, the more you'll get out - and it's been true! Ask questions when you need , woot when you've reached a goal, and have fun! :D Good luck, and keep us posted on the programs you choose!