Forums are back in action! ×

» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

Weekly Updates

tumblr_njxpljG9kw1tb6290o1_500.jpg

NO MERCY

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [ ] F

Leg day.  Both racks were taken all morning so no barbell squats for me, but I'm not sad since my left knee has decided to be a little tweaky today... (hmm)

Bulgarian Split Squats

8x3(BW)

Walking Lunges

60x20x3

One legged RDL

60x5x3

holy heck hard; i had been doing 50 for the longest time but i figured i might as well step it up on a non-barbell day..... phew

RDL

60x8x3

Leg Press

110x8x1

130x8x3

145x8x3

REPAIR

[X] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Done last night.  Wrists, hamstrings, entire thoracic area, glutes.  Probably again tonight depending how much time I have left after dinner.  My traps and lats are holding a lot of soreness lately and I'm having a tough time releasing it.

NOURISH

[X]  Weekly lunch & snacks listed

MISC

(i have literally done none of this yet yippee doodles)

[ ] Pay car registration by Friday

[ ] Plan upcoming expenditures - K's birthday gift, & send mother's day flowers

(will do this friday too)

[ ] Check in with petsitter to watch Finn next month

uggghh stalling socialization ugh

[ ] Make new donation box with pants & shorts

[X] Put alert on phone to buy Blackwatch Genji skin by the end of current Overwatch event if you don't get it in a loot box BY GOD THIS IS SO SAD ISN'T IT

shrug.gif

Work has been fairly intense the past few days, we had a mini-internal crisis that I was able to act on quickly and decisively so there's that.  Right now I'm just sitting here waiting for lunch because why not? 

ALSO

If you have never put guacamole on a salad I highly recommend it.  Like 11/10 recommend. *__________________*

• Like 8

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Literal Freudian slip there; the toil is real..

QA checkin' in, keeping it real, lol.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Another day, another post of updates!

Chugging along~

Weekly Updates

tumblr_na3oz6V9Ru1tcklfto3_1280.jpg

(i love text posts lately, ahaha)

(also this quote succinctly sums up my work week so)

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [X] F

Yippee doo upper body day.  Didn't bench today because I'm frankly done with this week and was starting to feel a little fatigued and out of sorts last night, so I kept things a little lighter today.

OHP

45x5x5

55x3x5

Skullcrushers

30x8x3

EZ Bar Curls

30x8x3

Upright Row

40x8x3

Hammer Curls

20x8x3

REPAIR

[X] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Tonight for sure.  I like two weeknights and a Sunday morning setup.  Yay habit building~

NOURISH

MISC

[X] Pay car registration by Friday

Did this today BOOYA

[X] Plan upcoming expenditures - K's birthday gift, & send mother's day flowers

Also did this today BOOYA.  Flowers ordered.  Birthday planned.  Hooray fiscal responsibility.

[X] Check in with petsitter to watch Finn next month

My friend that used to petsit isn't doing it anymore so I have to actually like get social and hire someone new K I L L M E why is everything a literal pain in the ass!!!!111eeeee

tomorrow, i swear, honest

[X] Put alert on phone to buy Blackwatch Genji skin by the end of current Overwatch event if you don't get it in a loot box BY GOD THIS IS SO SAD ISN'T IT

This week at work has been a shitstorm where I've had to get real mean with people/companies to either a. Do the thing they are supposed to do or b. Not be assholes when we are trying to do the thing we are supposed to do.  It's been a lot of haggling and planning and critically written nice-but-scathing emails and it's mostly over, but I'm pretty much doing the least possible work I can today to make up for it.

tumblr_ol4vh6ZdOk1w1o5ofo1_1280.jpg

I was so fatigued and done yesterday an had nothing left in the tank, so I rubbed some Tiger Balm lotion on my sore legs and IT GAVE ME A MAGICAL CAMPHOR-INFUSED SECOND WIND to get me through the day!!!!  I was honestly kind of impressed!!!  So if you're ever feeling like you could fall asleep at any given moment try Tiger Balm, not just sniffing, you gotta USE IT, like jumper cables for your body or something.

Tiger balm.  It is magical~

• Like 7

YOOOO DOUBLE POST 'cause one of our medical suppliers just dropped off some FREE CANDY AT WORK

F R E E C A N D Y

YEEEE MY LAWDY!!!!!!  I haven't had candy in FOREVER??? (Outside of one creme egg for easter) I've had a pink Laffy Taffy and a mini Twizzlers and some SKITTLES!!!  And this is like, FRESH candy, not all old and hard and break your teeth on it, by gosh the soft pillowy joy of that Laffy Taffy, I just can't put it into words!!!!  AAAAHHHH

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING~~

giphy.gif

• Like 8

Weekly Updates

tumblr_nnq5t37r9p1qbqy7co1_1280.jpg

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [X] F

D D D Done for the week!  Recovery this week felt way better than last week.  I'm crediting the sweet potato snacks I made, and hey, extra carbs from impromptu Starburst and Skittles~ :3

REPAIR

[X] 1   [X] 2   [ ] 3

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! /monster truck announcer voice   I need to get more epsom salts though, I am out and it is a tragedy. ; ;

NOURISH

MISC

[X] Pay car registration by Friday

[X] Plan upcoming expenditures - K's birthday gift, & send mother's day flowers

[X] Check in with petsitter to watch Finn next month

GODDAMNIT SHAAR there is a box right in the trunk of your car right now you lazy little shit why can't you just g o g e t i t eh maybe after this post..............

Week mostly completed!!  I give this week a 7/10, even if work was insane, I proved myself highly capable and have a Feel Good about how I handled things and took care of business and you know, did my job.  Ehehehe.

I also had more candy than usual this week (I rarely have candy) and wowsers there was one point in my day where I could feel every cell in my body vibrating I swear.  SUGAR SHOCK IS REAL.  Thankfully I didn't binge hard enough to have a candy hangover but I think I'm quite done for a while now.

tumblr_omuqb8GXb11w4tbmeo1_500.jpg

Ugghhh guys there is a big PGA golf tour coming to our town all of next week and it's literally 4.5 miles from my house and traffic is already crazy because Rich Old White People blah blah and I'm just really not looking forward to gridlock everywhere????  If you do by chance happen to watch the Wells Fargo PGA Whatever on TV and hear a sound in the background that sounds like a high-pitched waterfowl screech that is probably me bemoaning my fate. ; ;

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Ugghhh guys there is a big PGA golf tour coming to our town all of next week and it's literally 4.5 miles from my house and traffic is already crazy because Rich Old White People blah blah and I'm just really not looking forward to gridlock everywhere????  If you do by chance happen to watch the Wells Fargo PGA Whatever on TV and hear a sound in the background that sounds like a high-pitched waterfowl screech that is probably me bemoaning my fate. ; ;

Image result for happy gilmore gif

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ugggggh. I feel your pain. I used to live bear enough to the Ponte Vedra (Florida) stop that life suuuuuuuucked during the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 4/29/2017 at 10:18 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

THE PRICE IS WRONG BITCH

/me yelling at tourists

On 4/30/2017 at 9:09 AM, darkfoxx said:

Ugggggh. I feel your pain. I used to live bear enough to the Ponte Vedra (Florida) stop that life suuuuuuuucked during the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy bananas it is the worst!!!  We have a variety of ~*~tourism-drawing events*~ over the year but this is the first real big golf one.  Wowsers we encountered some very obvious out of towners at the grocery store Saturday night.  Like 80% of the store.  The interesting part is how easy it is to tell 'em apart.................. x.x

• Like 5

NEW WEEK GET!!!!!!!!

I would have posted earlier but this Monday is a certain Monday that I've had to hustle into at 110%~

tumblr_oj6uew5xwo1tjnx1vo3_1280.jpg

One of my Big Things last week was haggling with our current credit card processor to ditch all of our accounts for a moderate fee (+10 Negotiation, +10 Charm) and switch the *entire office* over to Square within the span of 3-4 days time. *anxious sweating*  It's actually been REALLY FUN though and I think I deserve to go buy myself a pint of Halo Top on the way home.  I've got all the hardware I need this morning to start making changes and I'm thankful that it's a slow Monday client-wise and my boss is out, so I can take my time and get this stuff switched over with little to no hiccups.  I've got multiple accounts that I need to set up and manage in Square, which is kind of a challenge (most stores are usually just one.... like... the store yanno), but the INTJ in me is really having fun figuring out the smoothest way to do this and to pre-set up everyone's fees and stuff in their own accounts... *organization senses tingle happily*

Anywhatsit here's the stuff I need to do this week!!!!

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] F

I've come to the conclusion that I need to start getting to the gym earlier in the morning.  Today there were a bunch of randos in the racks and I was forced by process of elimination to do chest & back/bench day.  UH.  This throws off my scheduling mojo.  Can I deadlift and squat/legs one day after the other?? Prrrrobably not.  Hmm.  Anyway.  New caveat added to this one starting ASAP - Wake up at 6 instead of 6:30.

BP

45x10x2

65x5x5

75x5x5

75x3x3

Assisted Chins

55x5x5

Seated Row

50x8x1

75x5x5

Lat Pulldowns

50x8x1

75x5x5

Womp.

tumblr_nphjs2q3TQ1tjnx1vo6_500.jpg

REPAIR

[ ] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Not yet~

NOURISH

[X]  This week's lunch: Veggie pasta with ground beef in sauce.  N O T very original but I can't do salads week after week or I'll just stop digesting them fully I think.

Snacks: Mangoes, apples, made loads more sweet potato cubes in the oven, GOSH, best snack ever.  Used a little less coconut oil this time and they came out much crispier. <3

MISC

[ ] Contact new pet sitter

Whine.

[ ] Submit second appeal for health insurance claim

BY GOD I hate health insurance.  Don't get me started. Please.  I'm going to take my current denial and shoot it into the sky like a giant angry firework of justice.

[ ] Clean house for houseguest

Don't be a slob.

[ ] Acquire Halo Top ice cream

Mwehehehehe~ (i've never had it)

[ ] GET. YOUR. DONATED. CLOTHES. INTO A BOX

[ ] Wasp Patrol, v3.0

Just in case.

[ ] Try to have more ~fun~ this week

I'm not sure what the means yet, but I feel good about it *^_^*

tumblr_o64v9bqZ4u1tjnx1vo8_500.jpg

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Found you and following.

YOOOO THAR YOU BE, whaddup, WELCOME

/sneaks off to warrior threads of iron and grunting

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Earlier gym time is best. 10/10, highly recommend. 

I've done it a few times before and DEFINITELY better.. I just need to.... get up half an hour earlier.  Ughhh. UUGHGKLDFS ok, we can do this thing.

• Like 3

Weekly Updates

Today's mood started at about a 9 then dropped drastically to a 5 and now is back up to a 9.  Nothing like a little mental woowoo to tire you out halfway through your day?

tumblr_oi71w0vgCo1ql2sjoo1_500.gif

OH wait that's right I'm back at 9 now~

55806176a4e7004341e47ebd1dfbc4f30c88233c

*^_^*

LIFT

[X] M  [ ] W  [ ] F

Rest dayyyyy!  I am prepared to get up half an hour early tomorrow for the gym.  I am.. prepared.....

REPAIR

[ ] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

Tonight~

NOURISH

[X]  Snacks and lunch listed

MISC

[X] Contact new pet sitter

Done and done.  Confident Shaar decided to show up and get this out of the way real fast.  I like her.  Can she stay around?? (answer: yes) (i am real pro at getting stressful adulting stuff handled lately) (+10CON +10CHA)

Hmhmhmhm.  I should bring this paperwork with me to work tomorrow so I can read the details...

Wednesday is the day for this!

I should do this tonight.  . . . . . Maybe.  Gosh I'm a lazy bun sometimes.

Mother of god what will it take for me to do this simple unskilled task i wonder

[X] Wasp Patrol, v3.0

Done.  We are safe.  I think there may be some wayward wasp activity in some shrubs but I can't tell for certain, and I'm sure not spraying chemicals in our shrubs. 

The week is young.

This morning I stopped at the grocery store on the way to work for some hummus and overheard some golf-dressed tourists talking about how they had an extra ticket for today's whatever-thing and I wanted to TATSUMAKI SENPUU KYAKU them into a pile of empty grocery carts.  Then a stretch limo showed up in the parking lot and blocked about 50% of the cars from leaving.  Guys, I can't live like this~

2785687-larsen-bends-9-iron.gif

(thanks tank for the proper film inspiration, this is a classic and wildly relevant)

Other than Golf Central all else is status quo.  There is a new storage facility set to open near our house within the month so we are gonna look into early bird pricing for that this week, then once it opens we store lots of our stuff there, and then Shit Gets Real and we call a realtor.  YEEEE HOO HEY GOLF PEOPLE IN TOWN THIS WEEK WANNA BUY A HOUSE CLOSE TO THAT GOLF COURSE!??!1?!?1?!1?1winkyface :3

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, shaar said:

Mother of god what will it take for me to do this simple unskilled task i wonder

Maybe this? 

V

9 minutes ago, shaar said:

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

38 minutes ago, shaar said:

Today's mood started at about a 9 then dropped drastically to a 5 and now is back up to a 9.  Nothing like a little mental woowoo to tire you out halfway through your day?

This is me during uh

pre-Shark week festivities

SO ANNOYING. HELLO can we just have a stable mood plz??

39 minutes ago, shaar said:

I am prepared to get up half an hour early tomorrow for the gym.  I am.. prepared.....

YOU GOT THIS

(I lay out gym clothes in the bathroom so I'm not bumbling for them in the dark while Mr Ix is sleeping still, and have all my bags with mini weights and water refrigerated and ready to GOOOOOOOO... because I always basically end up rolling out of bed and running out the door)

40 minutes ago, shaar said:

I should do this tonight.  . . . . . Maybe.  Gosh I'm a lazy bun sometimes.

I just picked up some mid-work day cuz I'm working at home and there's a place that carries ONLY STRAWBERRY AND NOTHING ELSE GRR down the street. Luckily, strawberry is quite nice (but I like Smores more)

BUN

0f5639a055075e1faeb104f01357fa6b.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Maybe this? 

Please add 'genius' to your resume for that job hunt.  

59 minutes ago, ixaera said:

YOU GOT THIS

(I lay out gym clothes in the bathroom so I'm not bumbling for them in the dark while Mr Ix is sleeping still, and have all my bags with mini weights and water refrigerated and ready to GOOOOOOOO... because I always basically end up rolling out of bed and running out the door)

I just picked up some mid-work day cuz I'm working at home and there's a place that carries ONLY STRAWBERRY AND NOTHING ELSE GRR down the street. Luckily, strawberry is quite nice (but I like Smores more)

This is what I do too, if I don't pre-pack I am totally failboating.  Wake up, shovel toasted Ezekiel bread in face, dress, grab pre-packed junk, shuffle out to morning life.  Sigh.  We gotta do~

I had not even considered FLAVOR CHOICE YET OH MY.  *vibrates excitedly*

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

Please add 'genius' to your resume for that job hunt.  

Done.

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

This is what I do too, if I don't pre-pack I am totally failboating.  Wake up, shovel toasted Ezekiel bread in face, dress, grab pre-packed junk, shuffle out to morning life.  Sigh.  We gotta do~

This is life. You got this early morning gym thing.

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

I had not even considered FLAVOR CHOICE YET OH MY.  *vibrates excitedly*

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Sudden Realization:

SHAAR

YOU IDIOT

HALO.  TOP.  IS.  DAIRY.

I don't know why I was thinking it wasn't.  Ugghhh.  Uuuggghhhhhhhh.  UGH.  I wonder if I should try it anyways and see what happens.  I'll probably turn into a cranky smol hot air balloon.  WELP.  Mission aborted~

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, shaar said:

Sudden Realization:

SHAAR

YOU IDIOT

HALO.  TOP.  IS.  DAIRY.

I don't know why I was thinking it wasn't.  Ugghhh.  Uuuggghhhhhhhh.  UGH.  I wonder if I should try it anyways and see what happens.  I'll probably turn into a cranky smol hot air balloon.  WELP.  Mission aborted~

Oh+NOOO.gif

(Yep it is dairy I was sad I could not have it on whole 30)

Look at sorbets? They are just fruity ice treats, and if you're lucky, you might find a chocolate flavored one... I don't have any brand recommendations because I always get Savoy Sorbet, which is a local thing to here. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, shaar said:

Sudden Realization:

SHAAR

YOU IDIOT

HALO.  TOP.  IS.  DAIRY.

BUMMER

Here's a Halo Kitty instead

hello-kitty-halo.jpg

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

Oh+NOOO.gif

(Yep it is dairy I was sad I could not have it on whole 30)

Look at sorbets? They are just fruity ice treats, and if you're lucky, you might find a chocolate flavored one... I don't have any brand recommendations because I always get Savoy Sorbet, which is a local thing to here. 

BEST GIF

Yeah I'll have to get to the grocery store and really do some product perusal.  Sigh~

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

BUMMER

Here's a Halo Kitty instead

hello-kitty-halo.jpg

Gladly accepted!!!!!

Weekly Updates

Last night after dinner I spent about half an hour researching DUMPSTERS YOU CAN PUT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY.  For house cleaning purposes.  Like.  I think I have reached a whole new level of unthrilling adulting.

Y'all it's not cheap to have a dumpster in your driveway for a weekend??  Like hundreds of dollars?!!?!  I'll use my car trunk instead or something, sheesh.

On to more exciting things.................

4c94aba8e08986b70692f97b9268eb98.png

LIFT

[X] M  [X] W  [ ] F

Got up half an hour early.  Got to the gym early.  Of course the place is completely empty, right??  Right.  I had lots of extra time.  .......... (the best laid plans, etc.etc.)

I did though, have the ability to take my time and get a good warmup stretch and cooldown too.  That was pretty rad.  I can see myself going early consistently now, and if I have extra time, just using it on mobility and stuff.

OHP

45x5x5

55x5x5

60x3x2

DL

135x5x5

145x5x5

Boy these wear me out.  I need to remember I'm not eating for gains right now though.  I'm happy just being able to deadlift once a week and work on mental cues and getting less bruises each time, ha.  (Most of my bruises come when I put the bar down and the plate lands on the edge of the hex and rolls the bar back into my shin, sigh.)

REPAIR

[X] 1   [ ] 2   [ ] 3

One down, two to go.  I may be able to work this into my gym visits as time goes on??  Either way feeling good, no ouch spots.

NOURISH

[X]  Snacks and lunch listed

MISC

[X] Contact new pet sitter

WHOOPSIE DOODLES forgot this at home sigh

Tonight.......

BLLLRRGGHHH

YOOO I BROUGHT THE BOX INSIDE FROM MY CAR!!!!! It's on the bed.  I'm halfway to greatness here.

[X] Wasp Patrol, v3.0

This is going well~  This week is a good week!!  Mood 8/10 overall yeah go team!

• Like 7