The Rebel's Roost: 2024 Challenge #3 General Chat Thread!

6 minutes ago, ViperN7 said:

Sage advice

Please do not ask me to resist that right after a Pratchett quote.

Here you go, as requested.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

21 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

The last time I did this experiment at six calorie levels for six months, I had a spread of over a thousand calories (net, total adjusted to account for exercise) where I maintained my weight at every tier of deficit. But at the lower tiers, my joints ached all the time and it took me three days to recover from the short hikes I was doing every day without effort at the higher tiers. My metabolism shifted down to stop doing physical repairs instead of dropping weight. (I had to stop the lowest tier early, I was just too unwell to go the whole month.) And it turned out I still maintained at 400 calories above what I thought my maintenance was.

So it can get complicated.

Exactly my point! No calculator will tell you this.

• Like 1

@titsworth?

There's a thread promising salacious improvement in the Daily Battle Logs area of the forums. Not sure how to report that other than this way?

• That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

There's a thread promising salacious improvement in the Daily Battle Logs area of the forums. Not sure how to report that other than this way?

In the top right corner of all posts/comments, there are three dots in a row. They drop down a menu, where the first option is "report". That'll send an email to everyone who can moderate posts with a link to the problem child, and whatever context you want to add.

(This thread needed a little Salacious improvement.)

• That's Metal 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

In the top right corner of all posts/comments, there are three dots in a row. They drop down a menu, where the first option is "report". That'll send an email to everyone who can moderate posts with a link to the problem child, and whatever context you want to add.

(This thread needed a little Salacious improvement.)

Thanks!

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just popping by to let you guys know that I'm still among the living. Lots of stuff going on and I basically didn't get around to posting, then got obscenely busy and just skipped this challenge. I'll try to stick around the next challenge and will update some of what's been up with me then and see if I can put together some stuff to focus on. Probably (shocking no one that's glanced at any of my other challenge threads) getting off my bum and walking LOL.

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).