Salingers sixty seventh challenge!

67-21-12536.gif

Hello. 

Last challenge was a bit of a write off... its the first time in a long time that I havent posted much. A lot happened - moving house and the stress of that, the stress of the old landlord trying to ruin my life....money, work, everything hahahah

*GOOD STUFF*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfdxi1CjaCjw8sAxtVKGKzFl2E3wABjGBPX9sBP6NmYjYYDCgbOgvTij5-VlTvZqGMWxg&usqp=CAU

10 MONTHS 9 DAYS SOBER

314 DAYS 

Still strange. Still fucking hard. 

The house is coming together. It is looking nice. Its slow, unpacking when we both work, and have mental health shit going on, and no storage space etc etc but we are getting there. 

Bronze is happy. Jackson is happy. Both sleeping in the living room with me right now, which is so lovely. Jackson is LOVING being able to hang out with me ❤️

OTHER STUFF

Interview for the dream job is on Wednesday at 11.30am - i am very anxious about it. 

I am trying to figure out an exercise regime and a diet that works for me. Im eating less and less meat at the moment. Found sausages, mince, burgers etc totally fine. and found great alternatives. But chicken is the one.......i just cant find a good enough replacement :(

Will keep looking haha

I made AMAZING burgers and homemade chips on Saturday night. NO MEAT. Crazy how good it tasted. 

440843203_946577877148725_2143369727009758681_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=QoJEe1lUde4Q7kNvgEqFCLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QH9Doyi9f7-ZPJRjKjZ3J6B0t2Anl0gL2zQ_tjeKDlf0w&oe=6656EFD2

ANYWAY. GOALS ARE NOT SET COS I NEED TO NOT PANIC x

• Like 7

Hi there ❤️

Missed you all. 

Yesterday we took Bronze out in the eve. GORGEOUS day. Such a lovely walk. We even got brave and let Bronze off the lead :o 

Not all the way round but she had a great run off lead!!!

437546389_1851332778624920_7917759117186793308_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=Enh_E6LIZeYQ7kNvgHBAMer&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QFfnIGEa0Ud4eXnjgushpYqnH83pt0DLKfFWFL8Qfh4Cw&oe=6656D2CC

437744848_1273390033433256_245730060972357695_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=KSGYf546qJsQ7kNvgFLz2kz&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QEfH1LBLzQVhqQCj4IXkcjIe1n5aH__WeUQyCQIuscaMg&oe=66570931

437527848_1723399761523578_7558160983281515351_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=2vvX5Iisq9sQ7kNvgG80z3x&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QFFtMrBfxWPUOyoyVcqneVQpxqpTMCVLrnwab5eu6rRsg&oe=6656D8B7

437551007_1502566633663959_41591254504032788_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=dFUmCGeLXRQQ7kNvgF-GJAF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QEr5AXz6S6MKYyurxBXbis7-B3APGACPLSyF3tVLFNzBg&oe=6656E816

437558865_377295831974710_5395254785011555560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=GuSOwmJ88sIQ7kNvgGwK6nG&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QE0_de6e1t61ERpjYoDoqV3QPXCIcLDdI8jm1RWPGIogA&oe=6656E4F2

440765082_743632014644001_8724471819026496454_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=ips55iQnfmEQ7kNvgEgT-jt&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QFidq0v9PyERm8TFzupkmn2FL2pNQ6Zt5wFlCL_ZvvsxQ&oe=6656E70C

❤️

Rest of today, need to put a couple of shelves up. Some pics up. Laundry. Clean stuff away. Bathroom mirror on wall. Go to the post office. Water house plants. Walk Bronze. (foot still sore :( not sure what to do here)

Prep dinner (pie and mash and veggies tonight)

Do some work on a course thing ive been asked to help with. (paid!!)

THEN RELAX x

• Like 5

Your hair looks super cute! I really enjoy your photos. I have all of my fingers crossed for the interview!!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your hair!!! You look beautiful!!  🥳  I'm so happy there are some good things happening for you and am sooooo rooting for you to get the job!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Love the hair!

And rooting for the job!

fist.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 4/29/2024 at 12:12 PM, TiogaGirl said:

Loving the blue sky and green leaves for you, too. And the mud for bronze, haha. Here’s to the challenge!

Grey today ! But it is getting brighter thankfully. x

On 4/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, Rookie said:

I love your hair!!! 

As for foot RICE as much as you can. Rest, ice compress, elevate.

Thank you!!!!!!xx

On 4/29/2024 at 3:19 PM, Sovalis said:

Your hair looks super cute! I really enjoy your photos. I have all of my fingers crossed for the interview!!

Thank you Sov!! xx

On 4/30/2024 at 1:00 AM, SkyGirl said:

Your hair!!! You look beautiful!!  🥳  I'm so happy there are some good things happening for you and am sooooo rooting for you to get the job!!

Awww thanks Sky ❤️

18 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Love the hair!

And rooting for the job!

❤️ thanks Timo !xx

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Nice pictures. Good luck tomorrow!! 🍀🤞🍀🤞

Thank you so much AP xx

Thanks all of you for such kindness!

2 hours till interview. My heart is beating hard. 

I have written some notes up. So just hoping i can come across well. 

I was up at 7am, and i showered, then put cream on, brushed/dried my hair, fresh clothes. Came down and made tea, then cleaned the kitchen. Swept up and put the bins out. 

All before 8.30am!!!!

9.30am now. I may put a podcast on, drink some tea and just relax?

get settled for 11am then have 30 mins to prepare. 

Afterwards, ill take Bronze on a walk. Do some chores in the house and rest. 

xx

• Like 2

Good luck!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 5/1/2024 at 12:16 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Posted 2 hours ago, so you should be interviewing now. Let's go, Sal, you got this!

❤️

22 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Hope it went so well!!!

:)

20 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Fab colour pick. 
hope the job interview goes well 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Thank you x

Hey guys, thank you for the well wishes. I really appreciate them. 

The interview was around 25 mins - i had notes down but didnt manage to remember some of the stuff i wanted to say. 

I struggle to know how it really went tbh. I cant tell. Im worried i let myself down but nothing i can do now. 

Fingers crossed i get through to the next bit....

I should find out by Monday if i made the last stage - which is an in person interview. 

Trying not to think of it now, nothing i can do. 

In the afternoon, after the interview, i was restless. So me and Bronze went out for a nice long (ish) walk. 

90 mins round the woods. I even let her off the lead :o now and again i am doing that to build both our confidence up. 

It was wonderful. She played in a river and it was just lovely. 

438259632_10161056021726201_6341884443799318135_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=H0Q6kka8IpYQ7kNvgFi9nPe&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=00_AfBe5oUTaeVswMkNWg_J8oMuAtrfxOs8rH-lDtDk0n7_AQ&oe=66395168

440451151_10161056021961201_6207914191155020592_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=AvC6YZAC2ZQQ7kNvgEdXTrh&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=00_AfAK58R3R0hKYL2DHCqRwqwN22hthiInDT7Bcs5mpC9mhg&oe=663960EE

438260230_10161056021861201_3054027829210212217_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=0ODieNpUqegQ7kNvgETRisb&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AfCX7IiKLUaW3saqKiTvm9N_df4hyccNf4FrioieW6O4qQ&oe=66396A7C

Today, work on a poster commission ive been given, some writing ive been asked to do for an online course, nip to the shop to get some salad for this eve (fallafel wraps and salad)

bath, hoover, chill, knit, read. 

xx

• Like 5

I'm so sorry, my friend! Job hunting can feel like a kick in the teeth.  :(  When you're starting to get past the initial disappointment, hopefully you can remember that it's absolutely not about you personally, even when it feels that way. And I guarantee there's a job out there with your name on it!  ❤️ 

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Hey Sal, sorry about the job interview and the stress from the previous landlord. Your pink hair looks groovy and Bronze looks well.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Hey guys, thank you for your commiserations. 

I am still pretty upset. I also feel silly for being so gutted.

But it was going to solve a lot of issues.

Financial = so so so awful right now. I just got some of my monthly benefits, and 2 days later, its ALL GONE. Rent, and bills.

So now i have till 6th June to manage. Try to find bits of work etc. I do have maybe £200 coming in for odd jobs, poster design commission and editing a funding app. But its the lack of a regular payment, never knowing when i will get work/paid. Its putting me in constant stress/anxiety spiral.

Anyway, as well as a guaranteed monthly wage, the job was perfect because it was everything i am good at and passionate about. I have SO much experience yet i have no clue how to get properly paid for that.

I feel like i need help or advice on promoting all my experience. I see people who arent as 'good' as me , on social media, with thousands of followers and engagements.... i just dont have a clue how to get to that point :(

I am really not arrogant but i know that i do have a unique way of curating works, and I know that i am great at this job. And it is hard for me to say that because it makes me cringe, because i have so much self hate, that to admit that i may be good at something is tough!!

But yeah, it is so difficult to get over it and move on. And motivation feels really difficult.

I do have two bits of work i have to do though today. So i need to focus on that. 

My head hurts today. And i am so anxious it feels like my insides are flipping over and over again. 

I just need to figure things out. 

I am so sorry i havent been connecting with you all on your challenges. I miss you all. I am just so overwhelmed i am struggling xx

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
16 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I am so sorry i havent been connecting with you all on your challenges. I miss you all. I am just so overwhelmed i am struggling xx

No worries on this one dear.   Right now things are hard for you and focusing on you is where that energy needs to be.  

17 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I feel like i need help or advice on promoting all my experience. I see people who arent as 'good' as me , on social media, with thousands of followers and engagements.... i just dont have a clue how to get to that point

I don’t have advice on how to get better at this, but there is a difference between curating work and running a social media account.  They are two different skills (the second is more self promotion, advertisement and constant hustling with posts/engagement).  Have you tried looking into a few YouTube channels that cover these topics about self promotion, and getting out there so people recognize your skill?  I wouldn’t pay for any advice around this, but I do know that there are people out there giving ideas and advice on how to do this.

Following to support you (and I love love love the pink hair).

• Like 5

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

@Sepherina beat me to it, but you have nothing to be sorry for.

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

I also feel silly for being so gutted.

It's not silly at all.  Financial stability and workplace satisfaction are two very major needs in our lives. I'm sorry that this didn't come together for you.

I see people who arent as 'good' as me , on social media, with thousands of followers and engagements.... i just dont have a clue how to get to that point :(

Once again I'm going to parrot Sepherina here and say that's because these are two completely different skillsets. I see these conversations frequently surrounding self-publishing. Often objectively better crafted stories do not sell as well as whatever that month's top performer is, and it almost always comes down to the fact that writing books and selling books are two very different abilities. The good news being, you can develop marketing skills if you want. Also in my field, and I imagine in the art world as well, there are grants available for paid promotions, which might help.

I know that i am great at this job. And it is hard for me to say that because it makes me cringe, because i have so much self hate, that to admit that i may be good at something is tough!!

This is very understandable, even outside of the self-hate that you struggle with, we are often taught to be humble and that anytime we promote ourselves it is arrogant and boastful. That's not true. I don't know how you feel about daily affirmation type of stuff, but I think a good place to start might be to work on telling yourself 1- that you are damn good at what you do, 2- you are allowed to take pride and satisfaction in that and 3- it is not hubris to market your skills.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

I am still pretty upset. I also feel silly for being so gutted.

But it was going to solve a lot of issues.

I think most people apply for a lot of jobs, and do many interviews, before landing their job. No one has a 100% success rate at applications. More like 5% or something. So they apply for 20 jobs. Exhausting. But definitely not a sign there's anything wrong with the applicant. 

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

I have SO much experience yet i have no clue how to get properly paid for that.

I feel like i need help or advice on promoting all my experience. I see people who arent as 'good' as me , on social media, with thousands of followers and engagements.... i just dont have a clue how to get to that point :(

I am really not arrogant but i know that i do have a unique way of curating works, and I know that i am great at this job. And it is hard for me to say that because it makes me cringe, because i have so much self hate, that to admit that i may be good at something is tough!!

I feel like this is a great insight and I hope you can find out how to convert those skills into the outcomes you want. I have no idea how but perhaps you can find the people who do know how.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru