Salingers sixty seventh challenge!

1. Your pink hair continues to be lifegiving.

2. Feeling gutted after social loss or employment rejection, these are literally species level survival instincts you're feeling. We're programmed to associate social rejection with the threat of death, since primates don't survive alone. And that's before we consider rent and groceries, modern dimensions of that same 'isolation = slow death' equation. 

• Like 4

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

16 hours ago, Sepherina said:

No worries on this one dear.   Right now things are hard for you and focusing on you is where that energy needs to be.  

I don’t have advice on how to get better at this, but there is a difference between curating work and running a social media account.  They are two different skills (the second is more self promotion, advertisement and constant hustling with posts/engagement).  Have you tried looking into a few YouTube channels that cover these topics about self promotion, and getting out there so people recognize your skill?  I wouldn’t pay for any advice around this, but I do know that there are people out there giving ideas and advice on how to do this.

Following to support you (and I love love love the pink hair).

Thank you Seph ❤️

You are right ofc. I will defo have a look on researching how to improve this ...!xx

14 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

It's not silly at all.  Financial stability and workplace satisfaction are two very major needs in our lives. I'm sorry that this didn't come together for you.

Once again I'm going to parrot Sepherina here and say that's because these are two completely different skillsets. I see these conversations frequently surrounding self-publishing. Often objectively better crafted stories do not sell as well as whatever that month's top performer is, and it almost always comes down to the fact that writing books and selling books are two very different abilities. The good news being, you can develop marketing skills if you want. Also in my field, and I imagine in the art world as well, there are grants available for paid promotions, which might help.

This is very understandable, even outside of the self-hate that you struggle with, we are often taught to be humble and that anytime we promote ourselves it is arrogant and boastful. That's not true. I don't know how you feel about daily affirmation type of stuff, but I think a good place to start might be to work on telling yourself 1- that you are damn good at what you do, 2- you are allowed to take pride and satisfaction in that and 3- it is not hubris to market your skills.

Thank you AP. 

Thanks also for relating (via book publishing) it makes total sense, and feels 'good' to not feel alone!

Love you x

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

I feel like this is a great insight and I hope you can find out how to convert those skills into the outcomes you want. I have no idea how but perhaps you can find the people who do know how.

Love you Harriet, thank you for always being so amazing x

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Laghail said:

1. Your pink hair continues to be lifegiving.

2. Feeling gutted after social loss or employment rejection, these are literally species level survival instincts you're feeling. We're programmed to associate social rejection with the threat of death, since primates don't survive alone. And that's before we consider rent and groceries, modern dimensions of that same 'isolation = slow death' equation. 

hehe thanks - i have another photo just for you in a moment :)

Makes total sense, thanks for sharing that x

Morning all. 5am here, been up since 4.  Woke naturally, decided to get up and do some work (i am late for a small deadline) and i can nap later for an hour if needs be. 

A friends wedding party. Couple of photos. 

Rox being cute to me. 

440805518_1119011489371547_5722395408890682927_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=axr1lbwLEyMQ7kNvgHsUehp&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QH1CA75Lvh0ZigPpKYJiuRgHn1_t3e_wXxoeRJ6Su14YQ&oe=666275E4

Me being a poser. 

440800153_991119059044514_6703294392054536210_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=XvUeG5LBepAQ7kNvgFQzBAK&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QEee1gU7kglmtsMmyR8lmKekRB23YuQk27IInOTr-Ysfw&oe=66626F4D

Getting back from the party at 8pm (we were there from 4pm) 

Sober (!!) 

Changed, then taking Bronze out for a 20 mins stroll round the neighbourhood. 

How times have changed....

437762532_1512602235994657_5368794414900111809_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=VPsx3qxijrIQ7kNvgHtCsO2&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QGzd_MjvAuI0WtDqRX9I3VtPl5nwoKbaXsC4Ug5ff9U8g&oe=666267D4

x

• Like 5

Today then i have some stuff i NEED to do. 

- Take meds

- Pick up new meds

- Submit course 2 to Mind Class

- Submit funding notes

- Submit artwork for printing

- Change format on a poster design

- Walk Bronze

- Take time for lunch, do some garden bits - put up bird feeders etc (get in the sun!)

- Have a bath, read, knit, relax. 

BONUS PIC

440833833_1224629158943697_4415464622391706399_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=qXn_j6qRVb4Q7kNvgGdeCB4&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=03_Q7cD1QHn5ByKkXj5Q6ZP4BJuwxfHcsfS94syynMdhdv5WtvTOQ&oe=6662553B

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 2

I'm so proud of you!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry you didnt get the job. 

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

I feel like i need help or advice on promoting all my experience. I see people who arent as 'good' as me , on social media, with thousands of followers and engagements.... i just dont have a clue how to get to that point

My brother is also incredibly bad at this, but it can be taught. If youve got any friends that are good at it getting them to talk you through the process helps a lot. I think you can also take courses on it. Maybe there is a free online one 

• Like 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Me being a poser. 

Sal, you're totally rocking the look, nothing "poser" about it... 😍

• That's Metal 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

You look so incredible with that lipstick. I'm envious, I cannot pull off bold colours. Also, gorgeous milestone, babe. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 5/8/2024 at 7:58 AM, TimovieMan said:

Sal, you're totally rocking the look, nothing "poser" about it... 😍

Thanks loads Timo xx

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

You look so incredible with that lipstick. I'm envious, I cannot pull off bold colours. Also, gorgeous milestone, babe. ❤️ 

Awwww thanks sssssoooooooo much xx

Hey all. 

Anxiety is so high its mega horrid. 

Bronze isnt very well today. She pooed inside last night and never does that. And this morning, shes been shaking and projectile pooed (outside thank fully)

Poor baby :(

Meant to be going to visit my mum tomorrow at the beach. Hopefully she feels better. 

I am working on some course work writing for someone, need to send it in today. 

My head is BANGING which is stressing me out. I should eat something. I am drinking water as much as poss. 

I feel flat. And stressed but i am also trying to feel better and not complain so much. 

xx

• Like 5

Sending good thoughts and love today that Bronze is feeling better. 

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

30 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

HEY SAL!!!

Ooh, enjoy the beach day. What a great way to spend a Friday…  And I really hope you and bronze are both feeling better today! 

3 minutes ago, Sepherina said:

Sending good thoughts and love today that Bronze is feeling better. 

Hello my wonderful friends. 

Bad news. No beach day :(

It is hot as well today so would have been LOVELY. 

Bronze got a bit more sad and pooey. Blood in poo a bit this morn. 

Spoke to the vet this morning. Got some things to do and appointment on Monday - can make it later or tmoro if needed. 

She is fed up poor babe. Will try to help her relax today. Rest. 

I finished my course work. I am very VERY stressed. 

I need to figure my life out. 

What could i do as a job for a bit? Not a career change necessarily but  something to make some money to tie me over. It is horrendous. The amount of calls i am getting for payments/debts. 

Love you all x

• Like 2

Hi all. just after 3pm. 

I am going to make tuna, baked potato and salad. Yum. I need to feed myself better. 

I have made a glass of lime, and mint with soda water. SO refreshing. It is the drink i go to when i am desperate for alcohol. (like right now!!)

Although i am a little bit calmer tbh. 

It is HOT today. Ill get the splash pool out for Bronze. It is a small circle that i can put some water in if she wants to lie in it haha

I put some bird feeders out but no birds on them at all yet - been 3 days :(

COME TO ME!!!!   🦅

I will plot and plan the next few days. It is Eurovision tomorrow night, usually go a big party at Roxy's mums....but I have decided I will not watch it. I know boycotting it isnt going to help the Palestinians, but I can not watch and join in the party when it is happening and being ignored by Eurovision allowing Israel to take part. 

Anyway. Hoping to relax, rest, read....just take it easy ....x

• Like 3

Your beverage sounds a bit like a mojito which is one of my favourite things to drink and I frequently make them without the alcohol. Nice choice!

I hope Bronze is feeling better soon. Poor love, and poor you for having to be worried and concerned!

I really wish I could ease your situation. It sounds so rough. Please make sure you are getting food and water and enough rest. We love you and want you in once piece. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey morning all. 10am here. Warm but defo not as hot as the weekend was. 

Bronze is still having rubbish poo so i am taking her to the vet today at 2.30pm so they can check her over. 

Im having to cancel therapy but i can see him next Monday instead. 

Trying to just stay calm (ish) and figure this out so she feels better. 

I have some bits to do today. 

- Take medication

- Pick new meds up

- Meeting at 11am

- Bronze vets 2.30pm 

- Clean kitchen

- Laundry on

- Clean clothes away

- Look for free drawers on marketplace

- Plot out work ideas and issues

- Relax, rest read, knit

❤️ x

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Hey Sal, how did the vet visit go?

Hey AP...! More below ❤️

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry about the pup. It's so nerve wracking when our familiars are unwell. 

Thanks Harriet !! xx

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Hey Sal, how is everything? Thinking of you and Bronze. I love you ❤️ 

Hey Rookie, thanks love you too xx

_____

Hey all. apologies for radio silence. 

Vets yesterday was ok. She was a good girl. The vet was very concerned as her temperature was really high :( 

She said they would be able to keep her in for obs but i couldnt afford it. Instead she got an injection of antibiotics to try bring her temp down, and paracetamol. 

Today we headed back there again in the morning and more tests done. Her temperature is now normal! PHEW. 

I have some meds to finish off - next 5 days of meds for her. Still on chicken and rice.... and pro-biotic. 

She perked up a little this afternoon. She has been sleeping all eve. ❤️

I headed to the walk in centre this evening, for an x-ray. The doctor rang me back earlier to say he is concerned i have a stress fracture. However, the clinic for x-rays was closed due to staffing. So i will likely go Thursday morning now. ugh. 

I have a lot to do and think about...work, lifestyle etc. but everything is alot!!!!!!!!

I want to do so much. 

Eat better and more consistently. 

Find new recipes to try out. 

Exercise consistently. 

Find something i want to do. 

Read more. Learn more. 

Draw more. Knit more. 

Start a skin care regime. 

Start a yoga routine. 

blah blah blah 

xx

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

I want to do so much. 

Eat better and more consistently. 

Find new recipes to try out. 

Exercise consistently. 

Find something i want to do. 

Read more. Learn more. 

Draw more. Knit more. 

Start a skin care regime. 

Start a yoga routine. 

I mean you've already started doing some of those things. 

You've been exercising more consistently with walking Bronze and going on your birding adventures. I don't know if you are still doing it as much or it slowed down when you moved. 

You've been cooking food more than when I first found you. Healthier things as well and I want to say you have been trying new recipes once in awhile. But that's definitely doable to go looking for ideas and try them. 

You've been reading and drawing more. I'd argue you've been learning too. You are learning to bird watch! 

The outer things I believe you can try out and integrate as well if those are priorities for you. 

ETA: great news about Bronze! I hope she keeps getting better and better

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

On 5/10/2024 at 4:13 PM, Salinger said:

I put some bird feeders out but no birds on them at all yet - been 3 days :(

COME TO ME!!!!   🦅

Bird feeders never work as planned... 😅

We have two in our yard. We're going to have to relocate one. It's under four trees that are forming something of a "pergola", but we think it might not be visible enough.

And the one that's more in the open is *supposed* to attract smaller birds like sparrows. It mainly attracts crows.

I wish it'd attract one of the many magpies that frequent the area, because those birds are just beautiful, but alas. Crows. 😇

• Like 1

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII