Hey all!  My goals for this challenge are on the simpler side and might be a bit vague; the main spirit is to build the habits and work on my consistency. I would say consistency and commitment are the biggest things I struggle with the most.

Studio Ghibli Movie GIF

GOALS

> Homemade meals 5x per week

> Move 5x per week

BONUS

> Apply for jobs

> Finish coding projects

> Go for 2 hikes

> Finish chihuahua painting

studio ghibli flowers GIF

Making our meals at home will help with 2 parts of my life.. finances and health! If we aren't ordering all the time then that will help ease some of the financial burdens while I am job hunting. I will also have more control over what goes into the meal so hopefully I can work on smaller portions with more veg, protein and healthy fats. I do not need to be the one cooking for this to count as a win. 

Happy Studio Ghibli GIF by Spirited Away

I was doing well moving more before we got the puppy. Winnie and I were going on walks and adventures. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out for a lot of solo time due to me having low energy,  crap feet, bad scheduling, car problems, weather, etc. I ultimately want to get better at getting out with her more but any movement will count. I have a playlist of chair exercises I can do when my feet hurt that looked interesting to me and only take anywhere from 10 mins to 30 mins. I even managed to find a nice variety of mobility, zumba/dancing, tai chi, pilates, and yoga. Grooming horse counts... Riding horse counts... Gardening counts... Walking Winnie counts... Training with Winnie counts...  Active dog play counts... Hiking counts... Going fishing counts... Chair video counts :) I just want to move more! 

studio ghibli GIFstudio ghibli cooking GIFStudio Ghibli GIF

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Today hasn't really ended up going as planned. I wanted to go to the barn to ride then go to my parents to work but that was a bit ambitious (especially since I left for the barn later). I decided to pivot since I was running late so I will go to my parents tomorrow after Mr.R starts work. I had an enjoyable time grooming Daisy and helping her shed out her winter coat. Her spring colour is coming in and she is so pretty! ❤️ Since being home I showered+washed my hair, ate leftovers for lunch, started laundry and posted my new challenge thread. I can't believe the day is already half over. Now I will stop procrastinating so I can work on my tamagotchi programming project, look at jobs I can apply to and figure out dinner. 

I took ground beef out of the freezer but I have no clue if it will defrost in time. I don't have a plan yet but we have spinach and shredded mozzarella. So if it thaws out maybe mozza spinach burgers on bread with fries or a ground beef flat bread with spinach and mozza. Who knows! Not me lol.

Homecooked Meal ?

Move 

• Like 5

Following!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm a simple man: I see Studio Ghibli gifs, I'm in!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 2

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 4/29/2024 at 4:46 PM, Whisper said:

Following 💚 

Thank you Whisper :) happy to have you

21 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Friends Lol GIF by Max

Season 5 Shut Up GIF by Friends

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

21 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Following!

❤️ Woo thank you! 

13 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Love the spirited away gifs, adore that film.  
here to cheer for you.

Me too! A few years back it was my goal to watch all the Ghibli films. I love most of them ❤️ but spirited away will always have a special spot in my heart

7 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I'm a simple man: I see Studio Ghibli gifs, I'm in!

giphy.gif

I like your style

40 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Your challenge reads so generous to yourself. I love this phase for you, even though the new puppies are always exhausting!

Thank you! I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to do. I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. 

• Like 4

Today was ok. I basically spent most of the day trying to convince that shiny crab from Moana to give up some of his hoard of shiny things (aka my mom and her things)... Borderline frustrating but I am still proud of my mom for sorting and choosing to donate some things. I just wish she would choose to do more just because every room in the house has some degree of her hoard and its very overwhelming since everything has so much sentimental value to her.. and the sheer vastness of it all. I honestly don't even know if I will be able to make much of a dent at all. She really needs to do some self reflection work and talk to a therapist. It definitely needs to be a lifestyle change. Which feels funny to say about decluttering a house.

I was disappointed when I got home because roomy slacked on a bunch of his chores or just didn't do them. I had to do a mini-clean of the kitchen and get started on dinner right away because he just didn't get to it. He has such poor time management skills and even worse skills of seeing what needs to be done and doing it without being told. If I don't tell him exactly what needs doing he cuts corners or just completely ignores things. And to me... at that point I might as well be doing the thing myself because I am already burdened by the thought of it and the fact I am apparently the only person who sees things. That whole mental load thing.

Tomorrow is a new day though. Mom and I plan on finishing going through the boxes around the perimeter of the pool table and moving them somewhere more appropriate. And I get to go through the mason jar cupboard and take what I want so they have room.

Move 

Homemade Food 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

I just wish she would choose to do more just because every room in the house has some degree of her hoard and its very overwhelming since everything has so much sentimental value to her.. and the sheer vastness of it all. I honestly don't even know if I will be able to make much of a dent at all. She really needs to do some self reflection work and talk to a therapist. It definitely

We found putting one thing in the charity box a day worked well. Its manageable and low stress but really builds up over time. 
trick is not to take it back out again though

• Like 3

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

3 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

We found putting one thing in the charity box a day worked well. Its manageable and low stress but really builds up over time. 
trick is not to take it back out again though

Sadly I don't think that would be enough to make a dent. I usually try to start her slow and exercise her get rid of things that don't "spark joy" muscle.  There is just so much stuff though. And with her once you throw something out or donate it you need to take it out of the house or she will go through it and maybe change her mind. I usually try to give her 24hrs to change her mind about the donate on certain things. But like yesterday she tried to keep a small paper pad with 1 sheet of paper on it because it was aged. Our compromise was she could keep the paper but not the cardboard backing.

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Sadly I don't think that would be enough to make a dent. I usually try to start her slow and exercise her get rid of things that don't "spark joy" muscle.  There is just so much stuff though. And with her once you throw something out or donate it you need to take it out of the house or she will go through it and maybe change her mind. I usually try to give her 24hrs to change her mind about the donate on certain things. But like yesterday she tried to keep a small paper pad with 1 sheet of paper on it because it was aged. Our compromise was she could keep the paper but not the cardboard backing.

Oh, that is tough. Good luck with that one. 
i have a friend in a similar situation and she hired a professional cleaner/house sorter type person to help. Made a big difference, but still dificult

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

6 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

i have a friend in a similar situation and she hired a professional cleaner/house sorter type person to help. Made a big difference, but still dificult

+1 for this idea. @Rookie knows her own needs and preferences, but it's been helpful for us to have a cleaner once a month when we're having a tough season as a family.

• Like 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

11 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

She had at one point but I don't know what happened. Retrospectively she acknowledges she got a lot accomplished with them but I think she also didn't trust that they didn't sneakily get rid of stuff and felt bullied into giving stuff away. She's a very paranoid person to begin with. I'll pry a bit into it and see if it's something she is open to again once I get a job. 

4 hours ago, Laghail said:

+1 for this idea. @Rookie knows her own needs and preferences, but it's been helpful for us to have a cleaner once a month when we're having a tough season as a family.

She used to have a house cleaner to do laundry, dishes, watering plants, helping her go through things. She has since retired. And I have no problem doing the cleaning and little tasks. I think she could use professional help which she had used in the past. Perhaps I can warm her up to the idea again and ease her into it. 

• Like 3

Well today got derailed. Mr.R gave roomy a task and more or less asked if I could stay home to watch the puppy. I decided to stop at the beach on the way home for a little bit of me time. Once home I got the bare minimum of my spritesheet done for my tamagotchi app. It was hard to really do much while watching the puppy though. 

For lunch I made crispy tofu and brussel sprouts. It was yum. And I remembered to take ground beef out of the freezer so roomy could make dinner tonight. I need to do groceries badly. 

Afterwards I met my friend and we went to a garden center. I got 1 cherry bomb, 1 jalapeno, 2 butter lettuce, 1 purple tomato and 1 rainbow cherry tomato plant... I wasn't planning on doing the planter this year because of lack of energy but I couldn't help it. 

Tomorrow I'll get to my parents. I have a massive headache tonight that I hope goes away. I've been bad about drinking water.

Move

Homemade food

For movement I had my walk around the garden center and I had an active play session with the dogs. 

Spoiler

PXL_20240501_105410264.thumb.jpg.4a31ea62549d3a0e290c49bae58ad867.jpg

PXL_20240501_105447836.thumb.jpg.c26ad07dd91d0d5fbb64862922280830.jpg

PXL_20240501_110151395.thumb.jpg.03a74b64056aae0cc51e67d174ab33f5.jpg

I try to pick up some garbage every time I'm at the beach. Today I did this balloon, a plastic firewood bag, multiple water bottles, 2 dipping sauce containers and 2 cans.

PXL_20240501_162953059.thumb.jpg.8bc1ecf492660fea54f921792558b1b7.jpg

PXL_20240501_173453472.thumb.jpg.484ddc304bc9f7b55edabd1a83299064.jpg

PXL_20240501_173506356.thumb.jpg.c5c321ab71af2d331dc070afcbf23766.jpg

PXL_20240501_173609213.thumb.jpg.2748e50bc3d8d8e6e8b1185325ca6308.jpg

PXL_20240501_173633131.thumb.jpg.85ea303b1102ce64d9b65d313b43b37a.jpg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Afterwards I met my friend and we went to a garden center. I got 1 cherry bomb, 1 jalapeno, 2 butter lettuce, 1 purple tomato and 1 rainbow cherry tomato plant... I wasn't planning on doing the planter this year because of lack of energy but I couldn't help it. 

Tomorrow I'll get to my parents. I have a massive headache tonight that I hope goes away. I've been bad about drinking water.

Water your plants, water yourself

• Like 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Good god those pics are beautiful. I can smell the water just looking at that beach.

I feel blessed I can go to the beach ❤️ It's one of my fav places.

• Like 2

Today wasn't the most productive day at my moms. She bamboozled me lol She wanted to sort through the bins in the hallway and it turns out she knew what was in them and had no intention of downsizing but just wanted to sort them into their own bins by season haha. To make up for lack of progress we decided  we would do a donation run and drop off stuff ready to go to make more room for future sorting. I also went through their mason jar cupboard and made a lot of room and got to bring home the extras (yay score. My dads words were take them, fill them and bring them back lol). Tomorrow we are starting on the dining room which she has been avoiding. I am hoping it's similar to the basement where theres a lot of boxes we can consolidate or break down.  Overall feet are doing okay, back is doing good but my one knee is feeling a bit iffy with bending for sitting and stairs. I shall wear my knee brace tonight if I remember. 

I got todays movement in by doing the stairs multiple times carrying boxes for donate. 

We ended up ordering food on Monday night because of bad planning with thawing meat and making buns and tonight we ordered. So I will need to make sure to home cook the remaining days this week. The trouble is the freezer is slim pickings for meat. I might go to the store before going to my parents tomorrow.  

Anywho quiet night for me. Boys are watching the hockey game and I am chilling with the dogs outside and casually working on my tamagotchi app. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Rookie said:

casually working on my tamagotchi app. 

As in... creating an app for those of us who have the nostalgia? 🤩

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

As in... creating an app for those of us who have the nostalgia? 🤩

I mean I will need to host it somewhere so I can show it on my resume so yah why not 😂

I actually went out and bought a gen 1 tamagotchi lol for research

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

I am currently sitting in my car while it rains eating a dry ass falafel whilst avoiding what comes next lol grocery shopping. I need to come up with a meal plan first but the rain is kind of making me have to pee and the falafel is making me very thirsty. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I mean I will need to host it somewhere so I can show it on my resume so yah why not 😂

I actually went out and bought a gen 1 tamagotchi lol for research

Dibs on being a play tester. 🤩

Hope the rain is nice, at least

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace