Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! PIRATE EDITION [June 19-September 3, 2023]

4 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Walked the plank! I know exactly what happened, burned both sides of the candle stick and had little emotional/mental buffer abilities to stick with nutrition dense meals. Now I know I'm at or over the buffer time workout my meal plan!

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

7/10: 270 (up 1)

Walked the plank! I know exactly what happened, burned both sides of the candle stick and had little emotional/mental buffer abilities to stick with nutrition dense meals. Now I know I'm at or over the buffer time workout my meal plan!

You got this LB! It's been a lot in the last couple weeks with moving and a funeral. I'm happy you feel better and not so burned out! You're gonna kick butt this week!

• Like 1

Arrrrrr!! This pirate be in! T' keep meself sane I’ll use smoothed weights (runnin' averages) from trendweight. Good luck t' us all!

June 19: 156.1

June 26: 156.0

July 3:  156.0

July 10: 155.2

Avast, ye see i be makin’ progress but slower than a  one winged parrot on a leaky barge. The world needs to check out me muscles so I’ll double down on consistency this month!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2
32 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

Arrrrrr!! This pirate be in! T' keep meself sane I’ll use smoothed weights (runnin' averages) from trendweight. Good luck t' us all!

June 19: 156.1

Avast, ye see i be makin’ progress but slower than a  one winged parrot on a leaky barge. The world needs to check out me muscles so I’ll double down on consistency this month!

YO HO HO!!! Glad to have ye aboard, matey! Feel free to write yer name upon the accords (spreadsheet) to track yer progress and piratey treasures. Also, it looks like ye made a fair leap this past week! Great job! :) Also "Slower than a one winged parrot on a leaky barge" has made my entire day, and I am gonna keep that image with me all week :D 

• That's Metal 1

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: 152.3

7/10: 152.5

7/17: TBD

7/24: TBD

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

A little backwards slide. We had pasta last night and despite being within my goals, pasta always brings a little puffiness and water retention. I expected to be up even higher with how bloated I feel and look so this is a pleasant surprise. I did see 151 this week on Friday but it obviously didn't stick around with the weekend shenanigans.

This weekend was filled with snacks while hanging out at the river and eating out (read: limited selection). I did try to stay mindful about my eating but there's only so much you can do at a point.

I don't have any lunches prepped this week so I'll be piecing things together with what I have available. I can always thaw more chickpea and veggie curry if I start to struggle. I have my workouts planned out (already completed today's) and I'm ready to make progress this week!

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

7/10: 172.7

Wow, I really like the number on the scale this morning!  Not at all what I was expecting, honestly.  Saturday ended up being weird for meal timing, and I pretty much skipped lunch (not intentionally), so I wasn't completely surprised by the big drop I saw on Sunday morning.  But I ate pretty normally on Sunday, so I was expecting to be much closer to my last weigh-in this morning, but no, it was down by 0.1lbs vs Saturday!

I did ok with getting my veggies in, but not quite as good as I'd hoped.  I'm really hoping there's something besides skipping meals that happened this weekend that I can continue to do, because I like the progress but I really don't want to have to skip meals to get it. ?  Maybe it was swimming?  I did finally make it to the pool on Saturday, but I didn't do any "workout" swimming (just generally swimming around while the boys played, not laps).

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs

Week 2: 91.2 kg / 201.1 lbs

Week 3: 90.9 kg / 200.4 lbs (-0.3 / -0.7)

I'm really glad I weighed in on Friday again. There has been (moderate) weekend food shenanigans but with the very hot weather we had this weekend, I'm retaining water like crazy.

Let's just say that the scale gave me my starting weight this morning. But seeing as how I can't take off my wedding ring, it's mostly just water. ?

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

3 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Week 3: 90.9 kg / 200.4 lbs (-0.3 / -0.7)

I'm really glad I weighed in on Friday again. There has been (moderate) weekend food shenanigans but with the very hot weather we had this weekend, I'm retaining water like crazy.

Let's just say that the scale gave me my starting weight this morning. But seeing as how I can't take off my wedding ring, it's mostly just water. ?

I thought about putting Friday's weight for this very same reason but I also figured there was plenty of not-so-great eating I needed to account for and be honest about.

I hope the water retention disappears quickly for you!

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Start Weight: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

7/10- 236.2

This group was my main motivation this week. I wanted to self-sabotage every day, and I kept thinking "But we're walking the plank Monday!" and it kept me on course. Thank you very much for being here. Arrrr  ?‍☠️

Yay for accountability for the win!

6 hours ago, Darciana said:

I don't have any lunches prepped this week so I'll be piecing things together with what I have available. I can always thaw more chickpea and veggie curry if I start to struggle. I have my workouts planned out (already completed today's) and I'm ready to make progress this week!

Yay, for the happy surprise. May you find a way to keep up with your goals even with the plan out!

7 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Thank you for sharing your creativity this was beautiful to read, may the winds keep help sending you down closer to the right direction!

5 hours ago, Elennare said:

I did ok with getting my veggies in, but not quite as good as I'd hoped.  I'm really hoping there's something besides skipping meals that happened this weekend that I can continue to do, because I like the progress but I really don't want to have to skip meals to get it. ?  Maybe it was swimming?  I did finally make it to the pool on Saturday, but I didn't do any "workout" swimming (just generally swimming around while the boys played, not laps).

Maybe some passive NEAT being kicked up to help with the calorie threshold?  I remember reading once on swimming helps with cardio strength by just being submerged in the water. (Different environment for one's body to work through). 

Hopefully you can continue progress and see what can help reach your goals!

5 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

May there be a whoosh with your water weight being let go, but that is still a downward trend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

Some really good progress this last week on the weight front.  I am down now almost another full kilogram from last week on top of the massive drop from the week before, putting me at a net loss of 2.6kgs from the start of the challenge.  That said, according to the scale's BF% I have only lost 0.3kgs of fat and my waist is still measuring the same as it did in the beginning.  I am not sure how accurate all of these metrics are, but people around me are starting to notice the change and several have commented that I look thinner than before.  I am taking that as a win :) 

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am not sure how accurate all of these metrics are, but people around me are starting to notice the change and several have commented that I look thinner than before.  I am taking that as a win :) 

And since we all know that the folks around you aren't shy about telling you whether you're fatter or skinnier, there must be something to this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, sylph said:

And since we all know that the folks around you aren't shy about telling you whether you're fatter or skinnier, there must be something to this!

Haha, so true.  It's the only real reliable metric for me :D 

On 7/10/2023 at 6:49 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

This group was my main motivation this week. I wanted to self-sabotage every day, and I kept thinking "But we're walking the plank Monday!" and it kept me on course. Thank you very much for being here. Arrrr  ?‍☠️

This is really true for me.  trying to stave off Monday Mutinies is a key driver helping me not fall overboard during the weekends 

• Like 3

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Down another half pound this past Tuesday.  I’m honestly surprised since I had relaxed my focus on some key factors over the weekend.  Obviously wasn’t as bad as I thought

• Like 4

daily dare 49 48  47  46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

New Week!

Start Weight: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

7/10- 236.2

7/17-235.2

My dad is having heart surgery this friday, and I have a lot of confidence it will go well because  the doctors keeps saying how much easier the surgery and recover will be because he's such a physically fit person. And since they caught the blockages before he's had a heart attack, there's no damage to the heart itself which will also be a benefit to his healing.  So it's bad news, but it's the best case scenario for this bad news.  That being said, I felt highly motivated to stick to my get healthy plan this week.

• Like 3

Week 3: 90.9 kg / 200.4 lbs

Week 4: 90.45 kg / 199.4 lbs (-0.45 / -1.0)

Measured on Saturday morning, before any weekend food shenanigans. Dropped under 200 lbs for the first time since Covid happened. It's also the lowest weight I've ever registered on my Fitbit, so there's that as well. ?

• That's Metal 4

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: 152.3

7/10: 152.5

7/17: 153.2 (Friday: 150.8 - more realistic representation of my weight but I'll own up to my weekend shenanigans)

7/24: TBD

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

Ouch! I knew this would happen. Sun, alcohol, sodium. It was not physically possible to consume enough water to overcome the sun/heat AND the few drinks I allowed myself to have on Saturday. I did, however, drink water between them so I was doing my best. Last night's fiber-rich foods didn't help as I'm having some very serious bloating. I usually get enough fiber, but there's a limit to what my body can handle without noticeable consequences and I surpassed it last night teehee I look several months pregnant today and it's very uncomfortable, but at least I know it was healthy foods causing it!

This week is short - girl's trip to a concert and leaving Thursday afternoon (concert is Friday) and returning Saturday. Kers and I agreed to work out on Friday at the BnB (she does crossfit and runs). We also said we'd split meals so we don't feel overly full and can save money since we're both in a similar boat finance-wise and neither of us want to overeat and feel awful. Hopefully that will help me stay mindful of portions and avoid ridiculous gain. That said, I'll be continuing my workouts as usual this week and being mindful of food through the week to try to start off this trip on a low weigh in.

• Like 3

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

7/10: 172.7

7/17: 170.2

I am not sure why, but my weight has been mostly slowly going down again. Which is awesome. That said, I am not sure the 2.5lb drop I had between yesterday and today really counts. I got sick yesterday and didn't eat a whole lot. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days, but it is very nice to see the smallest number on the scale I've seen in years.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

6/21: 267 (my lowest weight in YEARS)

6/30: 269 (up 2 - unexpected funeral while moving) 

7/03: 269 (steady...)

7/10: 270 (up 1)

7/18: 272 (up 2) I overate a lot this week wanting to try all the food. Looking back I was also really tired and had some tough mental days. 

So the scale is very quickly not going the right way...

Upside I know what I am cooking this week for rest of the week. Also figured out a great salmon recipe. 

Downside I know I need to focus on eating from home and try to work on 1 treat a week. 

---

Would anyone like to PVP battle this week? 

Either sticking to your goals or to watch the scale go down? Or both? I need a battle to help keep me going! I know following my goals the scale will go down (as I'm pretty sure water weight from overeating high glycemic foods).

Ive Got Me A Jar Of Dirt Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF - Ive Got Me A Jar Of Dirt Pirates Of The Caribbean Jack Sparrow GIFs

I will have the winner get a jar of dirt!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Would anyone like to PVP battle this week? 

Either sticking to your goals or to watch the scale go down? Or both? I need a battle to help keep me going! I know following my goals the scale will go down (as I'm pretty sure water weight from overeating high glycemic foods).

Ive Got Me A Jar Of Dirt Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF - Ive Got Me A Jar Of Dirt Pirates Of The Caribbean Jack Sparrow GIFs

I will have the winner get a jar of dirt!

Arrrrr this pirate be up for a battle! Winner gets the jar of dirt, loser walks the plank! But I feel like getting to admire that gif makes us both winners. We can compete both in goal-stick-to-it-iveness (that one’s a little apples and oranges i guess but we have more control over behaviour than scale values) and weight lost this week.

I really need to update the s’sheet but here’s where i am,

June 19: 156.1

July 17:  155.0

^^^ yeah, that really is how fast I lose weight. Always a little bemused by online advice saying “careful not to lose more than 3 lb/week”! LOL!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 4
2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Arrrrr this pirate be up for a battle! Winner gets the jar of dirt, loser walks the plank! But I feel like getting to admire that gif makes us both winners. We can compete both in goal-stick-to-it-iveness (that one’s a little apples and oranges i guess but we have more control over behaviour than scale values) and weight lost this week.

I was looking for a cannon gif, but I was like yes! The true prize! Lol 

Battle starts! 

Pirates Des Caraïbes2 Pirates Of The Caribbean2 GIF - Pirates Des Caraïbes2 Pirates Of The Caribbean2 Pirates GIFs

What are your goals for the week? 

Daily, Mine are at least 1 balanced plate (w/ protein and veggies), 15 min walk. 

Weekly: Stick to 1 planned dessert (I'm thinking I will be getting something when I go on an outdoor adventure  on Saturday). Side quest is to go on an adventure this week. 

3 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

^^^ yeah, that really is how fast I lose weight. Always a little bemused by online advice saying “careful not to lose more than 3 lb/week”! LOL!

Oh wow, the trend is coming though!

• Like 2

I was doing really well up until Sunday.  We went out as family to eat because we had lots to celebrate from the previous week (a birthday, a successful surgery, getting accepted to school) and I really over ate.  I am still surprisingly down a hair from the previous weigh in, but that is only because I had built myself a really good buffer going into it

6/19: 79.8

6/26: 79.8

7/7: 78.1

7/10: 77.2

7/17: 77.1

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

Another good week on my end.  Even with some weekend shenanigans the Monday morning checkin was down from last week.

6/19: 79.8

6/26: 79.8

7/7: 78.1

7/10: 77.2

7/17: 77.1

7/24: 76.7

I am expecting next week to be up significantly as we will be traveling for holiday all week, but I will get back on my grind once we are back.

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja