Salingers sixty sixth challenge!

66-31-12535.gif

Hey ! 

• Stay sober - no alcohol, no drugs  - 

I hit 9 months two days ago. CRAZY 

This challenge - Stay SOBER. 

Apart from that, i didnt really do anything towards the month goals. 

I suddenly moved house and everything pretty much went into that. very stressful. Lots of anxiety. Just very overwhelming and disruptive. 

But we are almost done. In a week, we will hand the keys in. And can forget that nightmare. 

This challenge has small number of goals. 

- Figure out what to track. For me to focus on getting healthy, i need something to keep me motivated. I need to work out what i will feel good to track, so distance of dog walk, food intake, number of times i can left something etc....

- Think about diet. Begin to make changes. How do i figure out what calories/macros are right now me? STICK to it, even if just for 2 weeks. 

- Begin to unpack, and make a house a home. 

- Apply for two jobs. 

- Apply for 2 grants. 

- Two date nights with Roxy. 

Nothing else - but other things are bonuses. for now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzrs-3rldweI6nGzOLisO3crf9kfsiHxzsRfenmiHGsx_YoKl_rvnbcqUIWKjC5_Ca9kI&usqp=CAU

• Like 3

Here to support you! Following 

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

- Figure out what to track. 

- Think about diet.

I like this slow approach to things. Not only is it less overwhelming, but it's also just sound hypothesis testing. If you change too much at once, you can't really tell what is contributing the most to any positive effects you see. So a thoughtful approach that changes one thing, tracks the impact it has, and then considers adding another variable into the mix is a really sound strategy.

Also...

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

So freaking impressive, words really do not do this accomplishment justice. Excellent, excellent work here.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

2 hours ago, Sepherina said:

Here to support you! Following 

THANK YOU ❤️

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Hi Sal! Following, love! ❤️ 

For the diet instead of figuring it all out at once, what's One change that you can make for now?

Good plan!! xx

29 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

I like this slow approach to things. Not only is it less overwhelming, but it's also just sound hypothesis testing. If you change too much at once, you can't really tell what is contributing the most to any positive effects you see. So a thoughtful approach that changes one thing, tracks the impact it has, and then considers adding another variable into the mix is a really sound strategy.

Also...

So freaking impressive, words really do not do this accomplishment justice. Excellent, excellent work here.

Thanks so much AP, appreciate you being here so much xx

Here of course! I am so proud of you and can’t wait to see how things go as you settle into your new place and begin to get comfortable there. 

Lots of love, Sal. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

Very proud of you for your continued sobriety, sap! You're doing amazing even when you don't feel like you are. You've also done a great job raising Bronze!

THANK YOU xx

Ill share some photos in a min!! x

20 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Here of course! I am so proud of you and can’t wait to see how things go as you settle into your new place and begin to get comfortable there. 

Lots of love, Sal. 

Thanks Sov, amazing to see you as always ❤️ xx

I just put these up. Do you recon they wil hold? hahahha

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

AMAZEBALLS. You are doing fantastic.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Hey all. 

Yesterday was lovely. Our friends sons 3 year birthday. 

Was so lovely. Met in the park at 10am, lots of his friends had arrived and was fun. Then back to his grandmas for a gorgeous lunch. Then to our friends house to relax, open pressies, eat pizza.....!!!!!!!! :D

Today, Roxys dad is coming again, last time to move the last of the stuff from old house. We will then commence cleaning .

I also need to walk Bronze, and do work.......need to apply for a couple jobs today :(

431298170_3360682487565948_5665766381135409697_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=nedi8_tja5cAX-_lFwG&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AdSmZMyrSSiOQCix1u7qra5HTcY-7434DwwscJ6v1L9qtA&oe=66276B57

431206607_295646830223652_8362969182354130022_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=krh4uqxWNF4AX8gAyKF&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AdSwb_MD4qgQ2sqN82ASlxpwMRHV_isuOshVCodW3vEZzQ&oe=66276625

432668075_684798896985442_8845168434813676015_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=okkHVVsqxzUAX_osUGf&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-1.xx&oh=03_AdQqk_WNZCw0p13M49NjaQx0HMzLg5JXHQANNKGImGmKqA&oe=662751BC

Clean - laundry - Bronze walk - tip run - sort old house - hoover new house - work out finances. 

Also need to plan the upcoming week. 

x

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

I can’t fucking wait to hand the keys in at the old house and never be there again

roxy is so stressed and making her overwhelmed and she basically can’t regulate her emotions and we end up arguing as I’m too laid back about it. Blah blah blah 

im on the verge of getting very drunk and driving into a tree.

I can’t be bothered anymore. I really can’t.

im Absolutely skint.

im fed up of being fucking sober for no reason.

im depressed

i have no friends

im grieving

im fat and I’m ugly

i have no job

im constantly exhausted

im constantly aching

just really not sure what the point is.

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, Salinger said:

I'm sorry it's so hard right now. I won't go through and counter everything you said, but you're not ugly and you do have friends. I believe you can survive this very difficult patch, get financial stability, take care of your health and see gradual improvements in the mental and physical aspects, and that you can survive your grief and eventually see other, more positive aspects of your life become more prominent. None of that impacts how hard it is right now, I know. I wish you strength for the path through. Love you Sal ❤️ 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

This is a good time to deploy the "take the dog for a walk" coping strategy. A little fresh air, a little doggo time, some light movement, and time away from the person regulating their emotions poorly so that you can both take a deep breath.

The rest of that stuff, they're just thoughts. Doesn't make them true or false or how you really feel when calm, it just makes them ideas your brain is producing. They can wait for you to finish your walk and calm down. (And, ideally, conclude the stressful life events and get some rest, too.) They're not today's problem.

• Like 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Hoping everything is okay today Sal.  Sending love and support from a friend. (And seconding what Sarakingdom and Harriet said)

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Continues her Quest of Strength

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm sorry it's so hard right now. I won't go through and counter everything you said, but you're not ugly and you do have friends. I believe you can survive this very difficult patch, get financial stability, take care of your health and see gradual improvements in the mental and physical aspects, and that you can survive your grief and eventually see other, more positive aspects of your life become more prominent. None of that impacts how hard it is right now, I know. I wish you strength for the path through. Love you Sal ❤️ 

Thank you Harriet ❤️  xx

17 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

This is a good time to deploy the "take the dog for a walk" coping strategy. A little fresh air, a little doggo time, some light movement, and time away from the person regulating their emotions poorly so that you can both take a deep breath.

The rest of that stuff, they're just thoughts. Doesn't make them true or false or how you really feel when calm, it just makes them ideas your brain is producing. They can wait for you to finish your walk and calm down. (And, ideally, conclude the stressful life events and get some rest, too.) They're not today's problem.

Thank you Sara, i did take Bronze out and it helped. ❤️ xx

1 hour ago, Sepherina said:

Hoping everything is okay today Sal.  Sending love and support from a friend. (And seconding what Sarakingdom and Harriet said)

Thank you Seph. A little better today xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 1pm here. Raining, been pouring down all day! ugh. 

Had a busy morning, was in the old place at 8am as the sofas were being picked up, to take to my friends. 

Glad that is done now and can just focus on getting last bits out. 

I feel tired today and very achey and lethargic. 

My plan this afternoon....

- Take medication

- Shop for salad bits for dinner

- Books in the house from the car

- Laundry on

- Dry clothes away

- Walk Bronze

- Work on job application video

- Make veggie tacos for dinner (sister round this eve)

- Chill out. Film. Sleep

I would LOVE to stay in bed tho all day! oh well. 

x

• Like 3

Hey 8:30am here. Sun is peeking out but rain is due most of the day!

The internet guy is here currently, upgrading the internet to be faster. Its already fine tbh but not going to complain. 

I am feeling a bit low. Mainly the exhaustion of figuring out finances. And dealing with the 'whats the fucking point' stuff. 

Anyway. Today....

- Take medication

- Laundry on

- Dry clothes away

- Put books on shelves

- Work on job application video - IMPORTANT

- Meeting at 1pm about grant application

- Get through emails

- Look for jobs

- Make dinner (leftovers)

- Chill out. Film. Sleep

These are the main bits really. Just trying to survive another day. xx

• Like 2

Don’t worry about us, Love. You just keep doing what you need to do to be safe. We love you. ❤️ 

• Like 3

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson