Bouncer's Badass Operation Challenge 1

So I wasn't going to give it away, but I already did last challenge... I found a "big why." Get strong enough for my fitness to not be a reason I can't follow a career. (See battle log for more details on exercises). But the level I'm looking at is "badass." Be able to row under 2000 meters in 8 mins and 1 floor pushup would be Badass Tier 1. 

How I'm going to do it this challenge? 

Graduate Physical Therapy - show up to my Physical Therapist exercises between appointments. A lot of hip strengthen and loosening hamstrings. 

Level Up Base - Goals of this is to work with universal energy to manifest opportunities, make it easier to manage and be ready for October guests that are coming at the end of this challenge. How? I'm going to make a weekly goal I think as I feel my schedule is changing, Daily routines have been a hit and miss for this. 

Dream Cooking Routine - My meal planning is getting complex... I want to crack down shopping/meal prep to a less brain crazy/time consuming routine to basics. I realize if I got hired on this week to my "new career path" my current approach is too brain consuming (literally burning out right now...).  I'm thinking salads for lunch, and instant pot/crock pot meals for supper (as I live alone with 8 quart machine, I could do 1 meal a week). Not 100% sure on breakfast other than hotdish quiche or smoothies. 

Sleep - I'm fighting full night rest too much. 8 pm... is the goal. 

Tracking... I'm going to do the daily check-in. 80% win, I get a coffee trip!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 4

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

Here for this!! You’re going to be such a badass, I know it!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Great goals. Quiche and smoothies sound good for breakfast. I was thinking of trying savoury oatmeal myself. 

Thank you! To be honest I loathe savory breakfast, the quiche (recipe on video below). Is the exception because of pastries life feels with the cheese. 

May you find a savory oatmeal you love!

10 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Here for this!! You’re going to be such a badass, I know it!

Thank you!

• That's Metal 1

More of a wintertime breakfast for me, but I like making a big pot of oatmeal at the beginning of the week and then having that on hand all week. The more times you reheat it, the creamier they get. Can also do oats in a slow cooker overnight so that they're ready and waiting for you in the morning.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Yesterday, I burned out a bit. Instead of using intention I used dopamine motivation. Which dissolved by 5:30 pm and last night was a bit of mess. 

Went to bed VERY late, because "I didn't wanna." Breathing through the quota of "I adulted enough."

Meal prep didn't happen last weekend despite planning and grocery shopping.  Could have figured out something for lunch, but the options kind of made me angry... So compromised with snacks I don't like with eating out one more day at work. 

Goal tonight: Prepare Supper and 2 lunches, and 4 snacks.... 

Base Leveling Weekly Goals:

• Deep Clean litter boxes (overdue... have the litter, just need to do it)
  • Give away/donate all items in my "declutter piles."  I've learned its a-okay to give things away that aren't 100% clean on my buy nothing group... which will help make the pile go by faster... So many items that just don't work in my current life that can find a new home. 
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

More of a wintertime breakfast for me, but I like making a big pot of oatmeal at the beginning of the week and then having that on hand all week. The more times you reheat it, the creamier they get. Can also do oats in a slow cooker overnight so that they're ready and waiting for you in the morning.

I was resisting this idea, but had to remind myself how to cheap oatmeal is... 

How do you reheat the oatmeal? Stove or microwave, to get the creaminess? 

Might have to try on the weekend of crock pot... to see how it would work or use that for prep and then warm up later. ?

And started googling for crock pot oatmeal recipes, I found an instant pot pumpkin pie recipe... https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-pumpkin-pie-steel-cut-oatmeal/ .... I guess I know what I'm trying out first next week. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

How do you reheat the oatmeal? Stove or microwave, to get the creaminess? 

My favorite way to do it is make steel cut oats, leave them in the pot, and reheat the whole thing every morning. But sometimes I don't have time for that so I just dish out a bowl and pop it in the microwave.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

11 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Thank you! To be honest I loathe savory breakfast, the quiche (recipe on video below). Is the exception because of pastries life feels with the cheese. 

May you find a savory oatmeal you love!

Yogurt parfait then?? If you can get the macros right. Protein pancakes. 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

13 hours ago, Rookie said:

Yogurt parfait then?? If you can get the macros right. Protein pancakes. 

Yup yogurt, pancakes for special free time occasions. 

Not doing macros right now due to it never helped me feel good, but I just figure out ways to up it one way another on fiber or protein. 

When scrolling this morning, I was reminded of "Morning Glory" muffins. I need to tune it up a little since I avoid regular flour and figure out what does work (I think almond flour didn't shoot my blood sugar down after 2hours). 

22 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

My favorite way to do it is make steel cut oats, leave them in the pot, and reheat the whole thing every morning. But sometimes I don't have time for that so I just dish out a bowl and pop it in the microwave.

Thank you, for sharing! Gives me a better idea when I'm like "I want warm breakfasts!" 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Thank you, for sharing! Gives me a better idea when I'm like "I want warm breakfasts!" 

If you want the whole process, this is my favorite way to make oatmeal:

Put steel cut oats in a pot with some butter over medium heat until nice and toasted. Add water (takes more water for steel cut than rolled oats, whatever it says on the container, think it's like 4:1) and bring to a boil. Turn off and let sit overnight. Reheat the next morning. Repeat until oats are gone. Stare sadly at bottom of container. Restart new batch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

If you want the whole process, this is my favorite way to make oatmeal:

Put steel cut oats in a pot with some butter over medium heat until nice and toasted. Add water (takes more water for steel cut than rolled oats, whatever it says on the container, think it's like 4:1) and bring to a boil. Turn off and let sit overnight. Reheat the next morning. Repeat until oats are gone. Stare sadly at bottom of container. Restart new batch.

That sounds doable! And exactly what I'm looking for. Do you keep it on the stove all the time in-between warmups?  That would actually work with my current routine of "boil water in kettle" for heating up cats' food and making a cup of tea. More "not thinking" over my usual eggs. 

I love homemade granola also I found out with yogurt... but takes more executive functioning every weekend than I able to do right now.... *sigh*

• Like 1

Challenge update:

Stretching has been happening in the morning. Not in the evenings. Part of is that I'm even ignoring my bedtime routine alarm... So "bad habits" are kicking in. 

With that I only went to bed at 8 pm this week and that was Monday, I'm 100% having regrets (especially as I notice it does take a while for me to get to sleep, even when I 'm really tired. 

Now after writing above I see these 2 habits can go "hand in hand".  Habit chain attempt!

Final Fantasy Battle GIF by Xbox

(Final Fantasy Chain Attack)

(FYI I wanted to make everything FF themed 7-15 range, but damn the gifs were meh). 

• Alarm go off (7 pm), stop what I'm doing what I'm doing within 5 mins. 
  • begin boiling water for bedtime tea/last meal for cats.  (I can work on picking up kitchen until water is done boiling)
  • Put packet in tea, set a 15 min timer. 
  • Do stretches (takes me about 10 mins)
  • Drink tea while playing with cats 
  • Feed cats when done drinking tea
  • Start heading to bed 

----

Food! We are brainstorming breakfast. 

Now realizing last night because, I want to do "crock pot " meals. Something like the oatmeal where I cook it and reheat portions all week. I realized next week might just be roast chicken, veggies and potatoes. I could probably instant pot a whole chicken :) 

And then finally learn how to make flippin' broth... as I also need to have broth on hand for when I feel ill and I hate store bought. 

Also, realized I might like soup season more if I figure out how to make a big pot of good soup. ( @Scaly Freak has brought this up in the past... but I lost any links). 

So....recipes?! lol 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Do you keep it on the stove all the time in-between warmups? 

The night I make it, I leave it on the stove until the next morning. After that I put it in the fridge.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

When scrolling this morning, I was reminded of "Morning Glory" muffins. I need to tune it up a little since I avoid regular flour and figure out what does work (I think almond flour didn't shoot my blood sugar down after 2hours). 

I forgot about muffins lol Hmm I found experiment with almond flour

8 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Gives me a better idea when I'm like "I want warm breakfasts!" 

Apple or peach crumble with Greek yogurt on top ❤️

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

7 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

And then finally learn how to make flippin' broth... as I also need to have broth on hand for when I feel ill and I hate store bought. 

Also, realized I might like soup season more if I figure out how to make a big pot of good soup. ( @Scaly Freak has brought this up in the past... but I lost any links). 

I've talked about instapot broth in the past, but not soup....? 

Here's the broth recipe I (sort-of) follow: https://thefrozenbiscuit.com/bone-broth/#recipe

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

21 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

The night I make it, I leave it on the stove until the next morning. After that I put it in the fridge.

Thank you

15 hours ago, Rookie said:

I forgot about muffins lol Hmm I found experiment with almond flour

Apple or peach crumble with Greek yogurt on top ❤️

Yup, I heart muffins and realize I could find a recipe with veggies would make me happy to cook breakfast on the weekends (and it is batch cooking >.)

I like your thinking on the crumble

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

've talked about instapot broth in the past, but not soup....? 

Here's the broth recipe I (sort-of) follow: https://thefrozenbiscuit.com/bone-broth/#recipe

I assumed :( 

Thank you for clarifying, homemade bone broth finally ready to attempt!

---

So last night was not goal oriented as planned...

Yesterday at work I realized my payroll issues are still a huge mess. They had made a bigger mess.... The mess goes through almost 2 months. I've been doing my communication on almost every paycheck, and payroll is like "its' fixed you will see it in 2 weeks." And then I've been seeing a fix immediately, but the fix is starting not to fix anything. 

The kicker is my manager used to have this job, but the company decided to "delegate to a main hub in another state." Payroll being their main job... messes have been happening for a long time. 

---

Edit: why I didn't hit my goals. I went to my parents to print off all my paystubs and asked my stepdad to help go through the mess. Ended up having over an hour troubleshooting their printer due to "something happened awhile ago." Was able to figure out the technical issue right away, but had to go buy new ink and paper. 

Everything is printed now, and my stepdad confirmed what I was seeing was a mess. 

• Sad 2
  • Angry on your Behalf 3

3 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Yesterday at work I realized my payroll issues are still a huge mess. They had made a bigger mess.... The mess goes through almost 2 months. I've been doing my communication on almost every paycheck, and payroll is like "its' fixed you will see it in 2 weeks." And then I've been seeing a fix immediately, but the fix is starting not to fix anything. 

The kicker is my manager used to have this job, but the company decided to "delegate to a main hub in another state." Payroll being their main job... messes have been happening for a long time. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

21 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

So....recipes?! lol 

I like a good chicken lentil soup. Here's my method:

Roast a chicken, have a very nice chicken dinner. Save the carcass.

On a cold Saturday or Sunday, put the carcass in a pot of water and simmer it slowly for at least 2 but more like 4 hours.

Strain everything out of the broth, any leftover meat comes right off the bones, pitch all the gross stuff, save the meat and the broth.

Melt some butter in a pot and throw in some chopped onions, carrots, and celery. (Can add garlic in here if you want, but I have a garlic allergy, so none for me ?)

When the onions are nice and translucent, add about a quart of the broth and some seasonings - whatever I'm in the mood for - basil, sage, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.

Add the lentils, too.

While that's cooking, chop up the chicken, if needed.

About 10 minutes after adding lentils, through the chicken in to get nice and hot.

Once the lentils are cooked and the chicken is up to temperature, enjoy!

I raise chickens, so I always have whole chickens in my freezer, but here's basically the same recipe with chicken thighs if you don't want to mess with a whole chicken. Chicken Lentil Soup - Swirls of Flavor

And as that recipe points out, you can make whatever little tweaks you want. Swap out lentils for rice or noodles, use whatever vegetables you have on hand, try out different herbs. The beautiful thing about soup is once you get the basic idea of it down, you just throw whatever you want in there to use up odds and ends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Oh this is so beyond fucked up. Payroll is supposed to be sacred and not ever touched and always work. 

Heads-up, if they owe you back pay, and they put the entire amount on a single pay check, you could get bumped up a tax bracket on that pay check. The tax bracket calculator doesn't realize this is a one-time thing and thinks this is all of your paychecks and taxes you based on the yearly income that would put you at. Something to be aware of.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

A quick breakfast idea. Protein pancakes/waffles.

2 cups rolled oats (not instant)

2 cups cottage cheese 

6 eggs 

Put in blender and blend well. And then cook. 

Following!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 9/6/2024 at 8:30 AM, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

Yup... higher up was able to get into things. Now I see why what happened. But basically all the people I was talking to are unable to trouble shoot....  3 people different roles ready to point fingers instead of helping. 

On 9/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, Artemis Prime said:

I like a good chicken lentil soup. Here's my method:

Roast a chicken, have a very nice chicken dinner. Save the carcass.

On a cold Saturday or Sunday, put the carcass in a pot of water and simmer it slowly for at least 2 but more like 4 hours.

Strain everything out of the broth, any leftover meat comes right off the bones, pitch all the gross stuff, save the meat and the broth.

Melt some butter in a pot and throw in some chopped onions, carrots, and celery. (Can add garlic in here if you want, but I have a garlic allergy, so none for me ?)

When the onions are nice and translucent, add about a quart of the broth and some seasonings - whatever I'm in the mood for - basil, sage, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.

Add the lentils, too.

While that's cooking, chop up the chicken, if needed.

About 10 minutes after adding lentils, through the chicken in to get nice and hot.

Once the lentils are cooked and the chicken is up to temperature, enjoy!

Love how you say cold... and my apartment usually stays rather warm (but we had a mild winter last year... so bring on the cold so I can enjoy this soup ;) )

On 9/6/2024 at 8:49 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Also - sorry about the payroll mess. That's very frustrating and very not cool when employers mess up their employees' pay.

Thank you

On 9/6/2024 at 6:44 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Oh this is so beyond fucked up. Payroll is supposed to be sacred and not ever touched and always work. 

Heads-up, if they owe you back pay, and they put the entire amount on a single pay check, you could get bumped up a tax bracket on that pay check. The tax bracket calculator doesn't realize this is a one-time thing and thinks this is all of your paychecks and taxes you based on the yearly income that would put you at. Something to be aware of.

Thank you, thank you. Appreciate the sentiment. This company has 100% keeps lowering my bar of respect as I continue to work for them... There was an insurance issues on top of it *yippee*. We can blame the insurance company... but I had to pay out of pocket so I could take my new meds before work the next day >.>

And thank you for the wording I can request. I'm just "meh" on trying to backtrack but will request that in the future. 

On 9/10/2024 at 5:25 AM, Sepherina said:

A quick breakfast idea. Protein pancakes/waffles.

2 cups rolled oats (not instant)

2 cups cottage cheese 

6 eggs 

Put in blender and blend well. And then cook. 

Following!

Glad to have you here and thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

Okay week 1 blew by, working on the main quests. Over the small quests. 

The bedtime routine didn't quite work... life kept happening which gave me examples of my own detriment or "life getting busy." 

My steps were insanely high  as I switched positions. I'm thankful for having worked on my health in some way or form or it would have hit worst. 

I also didn't meal prep properly and ate out a bunch at work and stuff. I however, need to get back to meal prep/batch cook due to finding out how I should be eating.

----

Endometriosis progress! The Blood Moon Curse, needs to be given a different name. 

After 1 appointment with the Physician Assistant (PA), I not only found out I'm a candidate to have surgery sometime maybe in the next year. I also have a full ass care plan. (What I was FLIPPIN looking for!)

The surgery is scary to me... since it is scoping my entire abdomen and removing anything that needs to removed. But the PA pointed out that it will help by seeing what is going on to help with my diagnoses and  they can remove anything they can find, which can help with my overall pain. 

With the care plan: Will be treating my symptoms as she confirmed I definitely have an inflammatory disorder. (This feels familiar like  I noticed somethings since my Paleo diet attempt 9 years ago >.>.). I have 1 med that is specific to stop my endo symptoms and another to also help my body reduce inflammation daily. My other treatments will having an anti-inflammatory diet (seeing a dietitian in October) and seeing a Pelvic Floor Therapist (will discuss with my main PT on Tuesday on the plan of doing both, or stopping one to focus on the other for a bit). 

Things make sense, but also now have someone to turn to when everything feels like shit and have someone to trouble shoot. I see the surgeon in December, while working on everything before hand. 

I will be starting to play around with the Anti-inflammatory diet this week, but not being nitpicky when I use up things around my apartment (like figuring out how to make black bean brownies >.> with no flour lol). I am going to start decided to stop buying anything pro-inflammatory due to "take the medicine!" 

I can now call my pain 100% a flair up and finally realizing... if I skip the regular comfort food for the better whole foods. I will at least stop contributing to the pain. 

Also having an inflammatory disorder just connects the dots to other issues I have (such as my TMJ feeling worst when I drink too much caffeine probably influenced elsewhere). 

• Like 3

This week I've been troubleshooting my goals... realizing 90% of my battle is keeping up the discipline to keep up with all my goals. 

Round up of current goals: 

• Going to bed before 9 pm ( 8pm is big win)
  • Making food and eating from home that helps me feel good/keeps symptoms down
  • Organize Base camp to make it open to guests in October (and enjoyable/easier to maintain for me and the cats). (Bonus: have it setup to be down for a month due to future surgery)
  • Do physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, Invisalign, and meditation to help maintain my body... 
  • Get stronger... lol. Goals: Do a pushup, row 2000 meters under 8 mins, walk 30k steps in one day. 
  • Do the work to try out operation badass

So, a lot of goals... Changing up how I am keeping forward. 

Time management and prioritizing what I'm doing daily is my weaknesses. And realizing how tight time gets daily (like super tight) where I default to being overwhelmed, lose confidence and start doom scrolling so I dig a hole of hardcore anxiety. 

Upside, I know what happening and also see the cause of overwhelm!

--- Will add the plan later. 

• Like 1