Forums are back in action! ×

On 10/21/2016 at 6:49 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

The popcorn was great, they still use real butter. 

Real butter...nom, nom, nom.

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

At least you used up your good husband points after getting the 2 extra bikes. ;) 

(call the optometrist) 

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

So, I'm back, and mostly caught up with you. Which I probably would not have done at the Hammer Race.

Speaking of...

14522785_1319435184741638_50033795587561

14612445_1319435204741636_34863597132434

My people in green had you covered. I won't be missing this next year.

Also, as a fellow adult human with ADD/ADHD, which is seen by most as a kids' thin

Sorry, I was distracted watching the latest Dr. Strange trailer.

• Like 6

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

On October 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Elastigirl said:

Glad it all worked out in the end. I hate it when I forget stuff I really should remember. I'm hoping the bullet journal helps me to remember things more often. My mother was the most organized person on earth, I really think I would have inherited at least some of that, , but I still feel like I'm always forgetting something.

Thanks.  This kind of thing always makes me feel like a stupid loser, which is how I felt for most of my 20s.

On October 22, 2016 at 7:11 AM, shaar said:

I've had this feeling before, where something was just 'off' and makes everything awkward.  How uncomfortable.

Glad you were able to get that insurance snafu ironed out!!!  Maybe we nerds should keep poking you to remember to make that appointment :3

Thanks.  Awkward is another feeling I am very familiar with. 

Nerd source the nagging? That might work.

On October 23, 2016 at 1:34 PM, maegs said:

That seems like the most appropriate way to celebrate! 

(Call the optometrist!)

Dang.  I forgot again.  I spent all weekend trying to remember what I needed at the hardware store. Today when I got to school I finally remembered that I needed a spool of wire.  I spent my prep running out to get the wire and didn't call the optometrist. 

19 hours ago, Xena said:

Maybe just chalk it up to the other guy being awkward. Sounds like you aren't all that eager to hang out with him anyway.

It's good to see that you have so much respect for your kids' teachers. Among other things, it's admirable to recognize when others are doing a good job.

Forgot that you had retreated to battle log but subscribing now.

No, I'm full up on people.  It's not that I need more in my life, I just don't like doing interactions wrong.  Today I had that feeling again while talking to a teacher after school. I was able to pinpoint it though, I was keeping up with the conversation and brought up a topic we had already moved past. Interactions are tricky. So many unspoken rules. 

It's not a retreat, merely a regrouping. I'm glad you found me. 

10 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Not being  a parent or a teacher I got reminded by normal people several times that is was MEA weekend. People treat it like it's a national holiday around here.

I suspect that your viewpoint is not one that would be welcomed by your coworkers. 

Hah.  Today they might.  It was a very hard day as everyone has forgotten how to be a student and it felt like we were starting back at square one. It'll never happen unless we get year round schooling.  Which I am personally against, but professionally for. 

3 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Real butter...nom, nom, nom.

Ikr.  If this theater ever closes I'll likely stop going to movies. 

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

At least you used up your good husband points after getting the 2 extra bikes. ;) 

(call the optometrist) 

Getting more bikes cost me points too, especially since one involved an exgirlfriend and the other was a bit pricey. 

Tomorrow. Probably. 

2 hours ago, EricMN said:

So, I'm back, and mostly caught up with you. Which I probably would not have done at the Hammer Race.

Speaking of...

14522785_1319435184741638_50033795587561

14612445_1319435204741636_34863597132434

My people in green had you covered. I won't be missing this next year.

Also, as a fellow adult human with ADD/ADHD, which is seen by most as a kids' thin

Sorry, I was distracted watching the latest Dr. Strange trailer.

I'm glad you're back brother.  Is it the off season yet?

You would have kicked my ass, you can actually run. 

Thanks for those pictures. The nice thing about starting at the very front was that there was one brief shining moment when I was winning the race :)

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Did I post Saturday?

Saturday - the boy and I ran errands. I meant to take him to an indoor park, but he took forever getting out of the house and eating and we ran out of time. I tried the chorizo burrito at Chipotle, it might be good with double meat otherwise all the other stuff obscures the taste. Does not compare to Tacocat. 

I went to the nerd meetup.  TML, his lovely wife, and I played a bunch of games. I lost track of what.  We played several month's worth compared to my usual gaming group.  Jitters showed up later and we played Sherrif of Nottingham which was good and would go over very well with my crew. 

Training: I dilly-dallied and was super dis tractable and spent two hours just doing the warm-up of S&S.  After that I said fuck it and mowed the lawn. 

Eating: ?

Sunday: I spent the day domestic rangering. At 11:00 in the evening I went and picked up our new foster dog. She's a friendly and trained little dog.  Mrs. Sloth wants to keep her. Two dogs aren't any more trouble than one, but it would mean we stopped fostering, because three is too damn many. 

Training: 10X10 swings. 

Eating: Lika an adult. 

Monday: after staying up past my bedtime and getting the new dog settled I fell asleep on the overly-soft couch. My back is jacked up. I'm going to have to stand up TML and just roll and use the Roman chair. 

Trainign: no.

Earing: like a complete arsehole. I think I had three or four candy bars. 

• Like 10

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

36 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mrs. Sloth wants to keep her....

Two dogs aren't any more trouble than one......

, but it would mean we stopped fostering, because three is too damn many...

Two is definitely more work than one. It's manageable but still more work. I don't want to try three.

Good luck with the back

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Three or four candy bars is not COMPLETE arsehole eating. Although this does depend on the size - were they MURICAN bars or regular ones?

• Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

I'll just softly squeeze in and say, I don't think three dogs are too many. We have three, but I have help cleaning. So if the family wants to have an extra dog, they have to help with the responsibility. Slinking out to go put the neighbour's puppy back through the fence before our three becomes four... or breakfast.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

9 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Three or four candy bars is not COMPLETE arsehole eating. Although this does depend on the size - were they MURICAN bars or regular ones?

Wait... you mean our candy bars are not regular sized? :o 

14 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

(Did you call the optometrist yet?)

Sylvaa beat me to it.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result for phone

Image result for eye exam

AAHAHAHA THIS MADE ME CACKLE

That lady looks like she's going to death glare that guy, good grief, intense optometry

tumblr_lzzcuknyRL1qfvdpl.gif

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

On 10/24/2016 at 5:45 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I'm glad you're back brother.  Is it the off season yet?

You would have kicked my ass, you can actually run. 

Thanks for those pictures. The nice thing about starting at the very front was that there was one brief shining moment when I was winning the race :)

That's a solid strategy about starting in front. I'll have to remember that.

Yeah, technically off-season has started, although I've got two more weekends where I'm just medal-whoring. I'm looking forward to be back to a training regimen.

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

For the record, I started playing phone tag with the optometrist. There is a very small window when they are open and I can accept calls, so we'll see how it goes.

As long as I was clearing out my bullet journal, I made an appointment with the doctor for ADD meds.

Next task I've been forgetting is setting up this year's automatic savings to put money aside for the summer.

• Like 10

Sloth: set up some automatic savings to put money aside for the summer.

• Like 4

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

For the record, I started playing phone tag with the optometrist. There is a very small window when they are open and I can accept calls, so we'll see how it goes.

As long as I was clearing out my bullet journal, I made an appointment with the doctor for ADD meds.

Next task I've been forgetting is setting up this year's automatic savings to put money aside for the summer.

Two down, one to go!

• Like 1

Every time my mom asked me to do something for her I always forget.  She has started telling my daughter instead.  Peach will use any advantage to pester me incessantly until I do whatever task it is.  Outsourcing reminders works.  

Also, go set up that automatic savings. :) 

• Like 1

On October 24, 2016 at 6:38 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Two is definitely more work than one. It's manageable but still more work. I don't want to try three.

Good luck with the back

I agree, but going from 1 to 2 is incremental, going from 2 to 3 is exponential. 

Thanks.  It's still being a bastard. 

On October 24, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Marauder said:

Never lay down on the couch.  You're just asking for trouble. ;)  

I've had 3 dogs.  Two of my own, one foster.  It was a lot.  They were all shedders though.  Might be better with dogs that shed less.  That's lots of poop to pick up though.

I know. I hate the couch, but every time I think I'm out it sucks me back in. 

We we can't have shredders because of allergies and we get little dogs with little poop and with all the rain we get all the poop disintegrates before I have to deal with it.  I really have no right to complain about the dogs. 

On October 24, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Big_Show said:

Murican ofc. 

On October 25, 2016 at 0:18 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

I'll just softly squeeze in and say, I don't think three dogs are too many. We have three, but I have help cleaning. So if the family wants to have an extra dog, they have to help with the responsibility. Slinking out to go put the neighbour's puppy back through the fence before our three becomes four... or breakfast.

Four would be be an official pack. Definitely go put that puppy back. 

On October 25, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Sylvaa said:

Love the pictures from the race! 

Three dogs does sound like it would be a lot of work. 

(Did you call the optometrist yet?)

Yes, yes I did. 

On October 25, 2016 at 8:41 AM, LadyShello said:

Wait... you mean our candy bars are not regular sized? :o 

Sylvaa beat me to it.  

Ours are are regular sized, but European bars are in metric, not Freedom units, so they're tiny. 

On October 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result for phone

Image result for eye exam

:)

On October 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM, EricMN said:

That's a solid strategy about starting in front. I'll have to remember that.

Yeah, technically off-season has started, although I've got two more weekends where I'm just medal-whoring. I'm looking forward to be back to a training regimen.

Your off season is most people's peak. 

On October 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Big_Show said:

Sloth: set up some automatic savings to put money aside for the summer.

Done.  Thanks. 

On October 27, 2016 at 2:56 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Two down, one to go!

Oh my dear, there is soo much more on my to-do list. 

On October 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Fonzico said:

Oh you are so going to regret outsourcing task reminders! There is no escape to be found...

Its been useful though. 

On October 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM, LadyShello said:

Every time my mom asked me to do something for her I always forget.  She has started telling my daughter instead.  Peach will use any advantage to pester me incessantly until I do whatever task it is.  Outsourcing reminders works.  

Also, go set up that automatic savings.  

Any mother-daughter relationship is so full of snark and irritation already.  I can't imagine this ending well. 

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

I don't know about you, but I think automatic savings is one of the greatest things ever...  like magic

tumblr_o5zrmpqkAe1rms5soo1_500.gif

I agree.  Any time I can set something up that I don't have to remember I do it. 

11 hours ago, maegs said:

Did you set up your automated savings?

Yes.  I also remembered to transfer other money around so I'll be set for summer. Missus let her summer gig go.  I need to run the numbers and see if I need to and can afford to set more aside. That's a pretty low priority right now. 

I still haven't touched base with the optometrist. They haven't managed to call back in the 40 minutes I have every other day to make calls.  Imma out source this to Mrs. Sloth.  She doesn't always answer her phone though. If that doesn't work I'm going to go there in person.  It's about enough of a hassle to make me give up my fancy opthamalogist and go back to one of those cheapy mall opticians. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Four would be be an official pack. Definitely go put that puppy back. 

I definitely don't need a pack, we're already the Van der Merwe Zoo: 3  dogs, 2 bearded dragons, 1 cat, not counting real and human monkeys. Neighbour's animals are all back on their property, but trying to close holes faster than a little dachshund can dig is difficult.

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh my dear, there is soo much more on my to-do list.

Join the club. I nearly threw my toys out of the cot Thursday evening, because of snarky comments from my other half adding to my To Do List. I don't growl often, but when I do...

• Like 3

Let's catch up a bit.  I'm going to ignore food and focus on getting training restarted, being positive, and adulting. 

10/27/16 Thursday

I don't remember what happen d. 

Training.  S&S warm up. 1/1X3 get ups at 12kg, then my face discovered the new puppy peed on my rug. After a clean up, 7X10 KB swings at 20kg.  My back lost tightness and I shut it down. 

10/28/16 Friday. I was really tired and crabby. I don't remember anything else. 

Training: S£S warm up. No get ups until I shampoo the rug. 4X10 KB swings at 20 kg and then my back shut it down. 

10/29/16 Saturday no training.  I gave the house a solid cleaning for MIL's visit. 

10/30/16 Sunday - we went to sister-in-laws for family get together.  They had very little I could eat.  I mostly had coffee m&ms which I didn't like but couldn't stop myself from eating. Everyone watched football.  I haven't in years.  I didn't even know that the Houston Oilers became the Texans. I ended up taking a nap until the kids dropped lightsabers on my face' yes that's plural. 

Training: S&S warm up, then my back shut it down.  I did 10X6 Roman chair extensions just to do something. 

10/31/16 Monday 

Unless you embrace the craziness and have Halloween all day, it is a terrible day to be a teacher.  I started a computer project last week so that today all they had to do was grab a computer and get to it.  It worked out remarkably well; we had a very peaceful day. Slothgirl had a high fever this morning.  I'll probably take her trick and treating anyway. 

At lunch I snuck off to the chiropractor.  He wrote a referral for a spinal injection of steroids.  Considering my back hasn't had a moment when it hasn't hurt in five years, I'm excited at the prospect. 

Training: S&S warm up.  I picked up the KB and my back said no.  Instead I did one round of a lunges and shovelglove circuit. This will likely be my on-going workout until the spinal injection fixes things. 

Adulting: I straightened out my bullet journal, balanced my checkbook (first time since July), and sorted out insurance with chiropractor.

• Like 9