Forums are back in action! ×

H.M.N.I. OOC (D&D Play By Post)

Next question... how does this work? do we have to wait for everyone to take action before posting again? will you let us know, patrick?

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

StarPuck is correct in how that goes. What will happen is I will roll to see if you succeed in what you want to do or not ( I will use your. Characters modifiers obviously.) as far as how often to post, you can can post as much as you want in the area that you are in (obviously if you are talking to a npc wait for my response) you can't go out of that area because you don't know what is lurcki....I mean what is the next areA

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I guess i"m the "regular" elf...hahaha.   Sorry but for some reason that phrasing of it cracked me up.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I couldn't think of a better way to put it......JUDGE ME AND I SHALL RAIN FIRE AND BRIMSTONE DOWN UPON THEE!

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

was not judging, but after my background write up...that made me laugh.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Oh God, don't judge the DM. We will be defeated.

Though, seriously, this is a learning process for me too. The last forum-based RP I did was all story-based stuff, and it got a little nuts a little quick. Should be interesting to see what having a dedicated DM and some dice rolls should do.

Posted. Might need to get in on this whole "Google a Play-by" picture thing so as to help keep things distinct.

• Like 1

Alright it is time for me to toss up another piece of the adventure! MitchDee, I will give you another 5 hours (8pm eastern time) to post. If you haven't by then, then I will figure out something to do with your character (nothing bad.....yet........)

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

9 then let it not be said I am unreasonable

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

posted.  Thanks for extending.....I am still trying to adapt to the new schedule...I planned on posting at night but after work and training I was so beat I thought, 'I can do it in the morning'...yeah, forgot I know have to get up and actually get ready for work in the mornings now.   I will make sure I post quicker (even if tired)

Current Challenge

It's fine man real life gets in the way some times if anyone ever feels like they won't have time to post or anything feel free to shoot me a message with a general gist of what you want to happen and I. An narrate it

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Interwebs is down right bowl. Hitting the coffee shop in the am to post before work hopefully

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Am I assume by the way that the story reads we are now split into two groups?

Current Challenge

Yep the party is in two groups now

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

He Is in the mouth of the tunnel. He did a listen check but didn't move at all

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

And me and filthy half elf, I mean, the courageous half elf >.> are just starting to move.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Just checking in here.  Are we waiting on anything?  I'm eager to get going!  haha.  

And Starpuck, filthy and courageous are not mutually exclusive.  Though their definitions may require some creative editing.  I just wish this uppity Elf would try a little humility for a bit!  :P 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Things have been nuts fr me with new dietary regiment and making new workout

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

alright outline was written last night then I crashed. will actually write next segment tonight.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

alright outline was written last night then I crashed. will actually write next segment tonight.

Take your time man.  I'm just excited.  Never done this before.  But I don't want to make you crash into things.  Or on things.  Or around things.  Or just in general.  So no crashing the game!!  HAhahahahaha.  I'm punny.  Ok, not really.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

@pmwallace: so... how deep goes our amnesia? do I really not remember anything at all? the ritual we just witnessed makes me think the "mistress" is a goddess (evil most likely) of some kind. Since I have ranks in knowledge (religion), I wonder if it rings a bell... or is (hopefully temporarily) my mind totally blank?

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft