It's been very quiet and peaceful in Metropolis for the last years. The villains all seem to know that this is where the Incredibles live, and so they have stayed clear. Elastigirl  had continued preparing herself against possible villains who  want to attack their town. But, in peaceful times, it's easy to let yourself slack off a bit, and Elastigirl has let herself fall into that trap.

One quiet summer evening, while  Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible where out for a walk, they thought they had distant rumbling, and  then a scream. Running toward the noise, they saw building sbeing smashed, cars being thrown, and people fleeing in terror.  It didn't take them long to see  what was causing the terror. Looking up, they saw a giant lizard, who was throwing the building and cars as if they were toys. They knew instantly it was the dreaded monster, Godzilla. They  knew they had never faced a fiercer foe, But, it was their duty to protect the city, so without a second thought, they began the battle to save their city.

I've been a bit meh about challenges lately. I love working out, but  staying on task with food and not giving in to my natural lazy tendencies is my weakness. I decided I needed a boss  battle. Instead of SMART goals, I decided to go with SMT( @Harriet  termed it that and I liked it) meaning my goals are specific, measurable, NOT reasonable or Attainable. I have been picking goals lately that I felt like I could attain, which has it's benefits, but the drawback is, I haven't really pushed myself . So this time, I'm going the opposite way. I'm going to be super tough on myself, and do goals that I will really struggle with, and even most likely fail. And maybe I'll learn something in the process. Or be eaten by Godzilla?

I'm going to work on a point system, but I figured I'd start out  with this and add to it.

Hitting him with the  Giant Water Canon of Destruction:

Drinking 80 oz of liquid (water, tea, all drink except alcohol)  a day. Monday - Friday. For someone who struggles with getting 60 oz, this is a big step

250 points each week  I hit goal at least   4 days.  50 bonus points for all 5 days (total 300)

2 or less days = -50 to my score

The Surprise Element-

Morning routine done and ready to walk or workout at 9:00 during the week- give myself 10 minutes of grace

250 points for hitting goal 4 days. 50 bonus points for 5th day

2 or less days =-50 to my score

Hitting him hard- I'm going to choose a big strength goal here- decide goal Monday after workout

Squat 60 lbs(30 in each hand) for 3 x 4

100% of goal 200 points

80% of goal 180

Bonus Hits

Track food  3 x a week 200points

Track food 2 x a week 100 points

Track food 1  nothing

0 times a week: reduce my total hit points by 100

Scoring

less than 1,500 :Metropolis is destroyed:Godzilla wins

1,500- 1,999 Godzilla is still fighting. The Incredibles have done some damage, but Godzilla barely notices

2,000- 2199 Godzilla is getting wobbly. He has slowed down his rampage. 

2,200 -,2,549Godzilla is fading. The Incredibles have managed to slow him down . He is no longer throwing buildings and cars, and seems a bit wobbly on his feet

2,550+ncredibles win.  Godzilla flees and will never again return to Metropolis

Other stuff I'm working on but not scoring:

Tracking calories

Eating Skills

Bible before screens

Bedtime routine

Flylady App

Monster Godzilla GIF

• Like 13

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

57 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

So this time, I'm going the opposite way. I'm going to be super tough on myself, and do goals that I will really struggle with, and even most likely fail. And maybe I'll learn something in the process. Or be eaten by Godzilla?

Interesting strategy, following to see how it goes for you!

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Here to cheer!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, AerynLee said:

Specific Measurable Unrealistic and Time-bound? ?

I don't think I want to do a SMUT challenge.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

(Hmm Godzilla smut... bet it's a rich sub-genre)

Well, that's my evening sorted out...

• Haha 6

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

22 hours ago, AerynLee said:

Specific Measurable Unrealistic and Time-bound? ?

I love it.

On 9/5/2024 at 1:37 AM, Elastigirl said:

Hitting him with the  Giant Water Canon of Destruction:

Drinking 80 oz of water a day Monday - Friday for someone who struggle with getting 60 oz this is a big step

The Surprise Element-

Morning routine done and ready to walk or workout at 9:00 during the week

Hitting him hard- I'm going to choose a big strength goal here

I wish you great strength, great mornings, and great, er, wateriness. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I love a big, bold challenge! Here to cheer you on :) 

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 9/4/2024 at 5:34 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Interesting strategy, following to see how it goes for you!

Thanks!

On 9/5/2024 at 2:38 AM, TimovieMan said:

Everyone loves a good fight. Epspecially if there are monsters involved.Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

On 9/5/2024 at 4:19 AM, Everstorm said:

Japan Sunglasses GIF

Cool challenge!  Following!

Hey there!

On 9/5/2024 at 7:31 AM, Sovalis said:

Here to cheer!

Yay!

On 9/5/2024 at 11:03 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Shame. ?

Still here for Godzilla!

(Hmm Godzilla smut... bet it's a rich sub-genre)

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF

9 hours ago, Yuen said:

Hi Elastigirl, it is wonderful to see you are still going strong! I wish you lots of luck in your challenge :)

Hey!! Good to see you! 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

I love it.

I wish you great strength, great mornings, and great, er, wateriness. 

Thanks.?hosed down vince mcmahon GIF by WWE

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I love a big, bold challenge! Here to cheer you on :) 

Hi there!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, MezzothePatient said:

Following for epic kaiju battle!  Reasonable and Attainable sound boring anyway ;) Good luck!!!

Reasonableness is overrated.Captain America Avengers GIF

36 minutes ago, Whisper said:

e1r5kpaneol41.gif.05f2c3116ee5ebb08592fa26850da8de.gif

?

• Like 2

And now is the time I planned to  figure out my scoring. It is sunny and 75 outside, and I am going to sit outside and read instead. Perhaps not great for my challenge, but a splendid way to spend the last few days of summer.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

I love it! Following

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 9/9/2024 at 3:13 AM, Sepherina said:

I love it! Following

Dog Hello GIF by Puglie Pug

22 hours ago, Radost said:

Following along!

Despicable Me Hello GIF by Minions

2 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Love it!! Following along! 

godzilla GIF

Cookie Monster Hello GIF by Sesame Street

• Like 2

Yesterday

80 oz of water  yes

morning start yes

The water was easier than I thought. I haven't been tracking lately, but I think it wasn't as bad as I thought, because getting 80oz wasn't too hard.

Today On track for the 80 0z, I'm at 70 oz, and I will have some tea before bed

Morning start yes

Haven't tracked food.I need to do that at least once if I don't want to get dinged. More if I want bonus, but I don't need the bonus.

Today was good. Went on a walk with my friend ,and did some ab exercises.

• Like 6