Forums are back in action! ×

H.M.N.I. OOC (D&D Play By Post)

From what I am seeing your math is correct. 16 for int for a fighter is pretty good. I can only imagine your other rolls

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Yeah you use the modifier look on page 38 and it shows you the formula ([2+ int mod]x4)

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Yeah you use the modifier look on page 38 and it shows you the formula ([2+ int mod]x4)

So 72 points is right?  Wow.  That's interesting.  My rolls were 16, 16, 17, 14, 11, 11.  I chose to allocate them as: STR 17; DEX 11; CON 16; INT 16; WIS 11; CHA 14.  I'm open to suggestions though! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

nope go with 20.

your math would be ([2+3]*4)=20

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

On skype now. Screen name is djpwall2008@gmail.com

Can't video or voice chat but can instant message so hit me up if there are questiona

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

check Rules post on first page for updated list of people I know are doing D&D with us.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

And I am now seriously fighting the urge to start rolling up random characters for shots and giggles...damn you all. *shakes fist*

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

We've got a fighter, a cleric, a wizard.   I'll go rogue so we round out the basics (and I love me some rogues anyway) and that way Joedog can play whatever she wants without concern of us missing a critical role.

I need to check out this roll20 yet.   Life's been busy.  So busy.

Good news is that I'm a veteran D&D'er. 
Bad news is I've been on 5e for like ... since it came out.  So I gotta rebrain a few things.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

We've got a fighter, a cleric, a wizard.   I'll go rogue so we round out the basics (and I love me some rogues anyway) and that way Joedog can play whatever she wants without concern of us missing a critical role.

I was very close to rolling Rogue or Paladin before I chose Fighter.  All 3 are quite appealing.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I won't be playing as I'm having trouble keepiing up with our pathfinder game, but I'll be reading along.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

We've got a fighter, a cleric, a wizard.   I'll go rogue 

Another question.  At this point we have 2 Fighters, Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric.  Do the "normal" MMO archetypes follow here, where we'd need 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps?  Or is it more grey than black/white in that regard? 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

here is how the breakdown is at the moment

Tank = Ormac/ Joedog (fighters)

Healer = Kishi/Erosan (cleric/wizard)

Theif = Starpuck (rogue)

although cleric can kind of bounce into the tank section at times depending on what you are fighting. seems like a well rounded group aswell. Definatly alot of up close and personal fighting as opposed to any ranged (there is a wizard but that is it) If we get one more person and they play a ranger who specializes in Bows then it would be a very well adjusted group...well as well adjusted as a bunch of nerds playing D&D online can be haha

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

here is how the breakdown is at the moment

Tank = Ormac/ Joedog (fighters)

Healer = Kishi/Erosan (cleric/wizard)

Theif = Starpuck (rogue)

although cleric can kind of bounce into the tank section at times depending on what you are fighting. seems like a well rounded group aswell. Definatly alot of up close and personal fighting as opposed to any ranged (there is a wizard but that is it) If we get one more person and they play a ranger who specializes in Bows then it would be a very well adjusted group...well as well adjusted as a bunch of nerds playing D&D online can be haha

Sounds like fun!  And we're normal.  It's all those other people that are weird!  :P

With regard to tanking, I'd planned to use a 2-handed sword on my fighter (similar to an Arms Warrior or Frost Death Knight in WoW).  Obviously that would be bad for tanking.  Would it be wise to reroll with a sword/board instead? 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

what time zone are you in ormac? Ill be on skype tonight around 7pm eastern time. I can run you through things real easily that way. Have you considered a barbarian as opposed to a fighter? barbs are you typical tanks

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

what time zone are you in ormac? Ill be on skype tonight around 7pm eastern time. I can run you through things real easily that way. Have you considered a barbarian as opposed to a fighter? barbs are you typical tanks

I'm on Central Time.  So an hour behind you.  At 7 your time I'll be just getting off work.  :(  I could probably do a little quick thing around 7:30 eastern though.  I'd initially not wanted to tank, but if the group needs one that bad, I can.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I am home alone tonight, the wife is out of town so I will basically have skype open from the time I get changed after the run till the time I fall asleep. Give me a ring on there when you are available. It will be different to see your real face instead of the vader helmet

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am home alone tonight, the wife is out of town so I will basically have skype open from the time I get changed after the run till the time I fall asleep. Give me a ring on there when you are available. It will be different to see your real face instead of the vader helmet

Soooooo.......bad news.  I don't have a webcam.  :(  Trust me, though, the Vader helmet looks way better than I do!  I do have a mic though.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

call away then! I will continue to imagine vader glaring at me the entire time.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

In my experience, there are no proper tanks in D&D.  There's just guys that can take hits better than others.  Barbarians benefit from having higher hp, but fighters can typically get a higher AC.    In the end, just like in an MMO, the glass cannons will eventually over-nuke and draw aggro and get nearly one shot. :D

Play what ever will be fun!   

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

I would argue that StarPuck, Great wardens tend to be tanks simply because the fact that they really aren't allied with any God or religion they can pretty much do whatever they want whenever they want as long as they can justify have to themselves and they still get all the holy powers and all that that the Klarich does this is a higher level character yes however things pretty much a tank and wrecks house once it gets going

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

In my experience, there are no proper tanks in D&D.  There's just guys that can take hits better than others.  Barbarians benefit from having higher hp, but fighters can typically get a higher AC.    In the end, just like in an MMO, the glass cannons will eventually over-nuke and draw aggro and get nearly one shot. :D

Play what ever will be fun!   

But! that is the fun part about being a glass cannon!

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

I would argue that StarPuck, Great wardens tend to be tanks simply because the fact that they really aren't allied with any God or religion they can pretty much do whatever they want whenever they want as long as they can justify have to themselves and they still get all the holy powers and all that that the Klarich does this is a higher level character yes however things pretty much a tank and wrecks house once it gets going

Well, speaking from a MMO version of tank there is no 'tank' in D&D.   There's nothing that keeps aggro on [teh tank] like there is in an MMO.   A smart enemy will target whoever is hurting them the most.   In terms of survivability against big hits, fighters, barbarians and paladins do great.   A monk or rogue with the right tricks will have an AC so high that only crits will hit them. :P  *cringe*  Been there, done that.  Ow.

And there's the whole thing were I have 5e on my brain.  Oi!   (It's a great system actually.  Really fixes some things hehe.)

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler