Forums are back in action! ×

2 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

That was super hard.  my eyes were glued to my timer the entire time and I might have forgotten to breathe BUT planks done with EC.  I can't believe I was able to switch arms without tipping over!

You and me both, my friend. Planks done with EC and a lot of desperate glaring at the timer.  

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hop heel clicks completed with EC.

Was nice to do one of these in the morning for a change.

• Like 2

Geek On Fire | Level 4 Half Elf Ranger

STR: 9 | DEX: 4 | STA: 9 | CON: 14 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 4

Challenges: 12, 3, 4, 5Battle log

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself"  - Seneca

"The only easy day was yesterday" - US Navy SEAL motto

2 hours ago, Geek On Fire said:

Hop heel clicks completed with EC.

Was nice to do one of these in the morning for a change.

So odd - I'm about to go to bed, I've looked up the heel clicks, and I'm psyching myself up for tomorrow morning.  And yet my entire country is currently in evening time right now... brain <pow>

• Like 2

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1

What an odd exercise.  Done w/ec

• Like 3

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Heel clicks done with EC. Felt a bit odd... Without being too graphic I could have done with wearing tighter underwear...

• Like 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Balance hold completed, with blindfold for EC. Went down to the very last second though!

This was super hard and took a few tries, my only advice is to try to focus all of your attention on your core while you do it, as this is where the stability comes from.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Geek On Fire | Level 4 Half Elf Ranger

STR: 9 | DEX: 4 | STA: 9 | CON: 14 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 4

Challenges: 12, 3, 4, 5Battle log

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself"  - Seneca

"The only easy day was yesterday" - US Navy SEAL motto

Jedi training done with EC :)

EDIT: So, I skim-read the description. I thought we were supposed to do a blindfolded hold and the EC was to do 3 minutes consecutively. Looks like I made this way harder than it needed to be. Oh well :P

• Like 4

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

I read this dare last night and got super excited!  Done on my left leg with EC!

• Like 3

sigh.  with the blindfold I made it maybe 5 seconds??  several, several tries.  I even tried once with my blindfold on but my eyes open under it.  nope.  anyway, once I took the blindfold off I was able to balance for 3 minutes.  weirdly it was my ankle that gave me the most trouble.  Dare complete without EC.  Bronze medal unlocked!

• Like 4

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

No EC for me today, and it took more than a few goes to actually get any great amount of time at all. My left foot/leg is more stable, but because of the issues I'm having with my left knee I had to balance on my right, and that was basically why everything was a disaster!

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

10 hours ago, Schaengel said:

I'm not even mad that I forgot about the dares yesterday now that I saw what it was...also balance with blindfold haha NOPE!

you don't need to do it blindfolded. Regular point for 3 consecutive minutes, EC for being blindfolded. This time we don't get points if we do it in sets, however.

• Like 3

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

53 minutes ago, Briniel said:

you don't need to do it blindfolded. Regular point for 3 consecutive minutes, EC for being blindfolded. This time we don't get points if we do it in sets, however.

Tried that not gonna happen... me and balnce are not on good terms yet...like in general :/

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

two minutes on the right leg and 2:50 on the left, both with eyes closed, while the kid was talking at me, and even once bumped me with the gymnastics ball. My legs and shoulders ache... gotta take a break before I try again... good one, this one.

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

21 minutes ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

two minutes on the right leg and 2:50 on the left, both with eyes closed, while the kid was talking at me, and even once bumped me with the gymnastics ball. My legs and shoulders ache... gotta take a break before I try again... good one, this one.

aaaah, so close! You can do it :D

• Like 3

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, Briniel said:

aaaah, so close! You can do it :D

I CAN

Tried again. almost felt like giving up, and didn't: balance on left leg 3 minutes eyes closed. WOOOT

Dang that it'S always the ones that look so easy on paper... not that anyone of us is really fooled anymore, but still!

Good luck everyone, you kan do eeet!

• Like 5

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50