[ONGOING]10 Week YAYOG Ladder Challenge

Finally getting caught up. 

Completed week 3

Leg lifts 12/12/10

Hyperextensions 12/12/12

Russian Twists 12/9/12 -  not sure what happened on the 2nd set.  I probably should have pushed a little more.  My 11 year old was doing them with me and it was a bit distracting...

Swimmers 12/12/12

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Sorry for being so quiet! I am enjoying a week in Hawaii. 

I have chosen to replace my YAYOG workout with my sister-in-law's daily swimming/walking routine for the week. I am doing my best to be good, but it is very hard to do on vacation, so I am choosing to not guilt myself with not working out, but to instead look at the great side of the bike ride that was bruise inducing yesterday, the swim in the riptide that I survived this morning and the walk that capped it all off this afternoon. Match that with a fantastic grilled salmon, grilled pineapple and salad, and I'm managing to whip my life into shape even while on vacation!

Next week I will resume my YAYOG, even if I do have to start over. 

• Like 6

YandaPanda Level 0 Wood Elf Druid - Challenge #1

STR 0 -- DEX 0 -- STA 0 -- CON 0 -- WIS 0 -- CHA 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

29 pound weight loss challenge: Commenced!

37.9%
37.9%

10 week YAGOG workout: 6/44

15.9%
15.9%

Hmm... Do you have any advice for seated dips? I couldn't do legs straight at all - I can go up but when going down I just went BAM! ...lol can't control the way down at all. On the other hand, legs bent is doable, but I still feel that I'm using my heels to propel me up >,< I don't know how *not* to use my heels...

I found that I was relying more on my legs when it was hurting my hands to hold a chair in that position.  So I ended up putting a small towel across the chair underneath where my palms hit the chair and found it gave a little bit of support so I could focus on my arms.  Not sure if you are experiencing any of that, but it helped me take some focus off my legs. 

• Like 1

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

Week 4, Day 2

Done this morning!  And my legs feel like jello, yay! For the split squats and side lunges I decided to do one leg at a time for the max number of reps I could do (non-dominant leg first) and then matching that number with the dominant leg.  My legs are pretty even, which is nice.  Before I was alternating legs to complete one rep at a time (one rep = both sides) instead of burning one leg out, then the other.  I found this makes the exercise much more difficult, which is good I think.  

I am still good at squats, so I will continue to increase the pause at the bottom.  Today at 3 seconds, by the end I was feeling it much more, so I think somewhere between a 4-5 second pause in the future will really kick it up a notch (BAM!). heh. 

Split Squats: 10/10/9

Side Lunges: 12/7/9

Squats (3 sec. pause at the bottom): 12/12/12

OLRs: 8/7/8

• Like 4

Week 3 Day 2 results:

Bulgarians 12/12/12. These were easier than they looked, but I was definitely tired at the end of 36 reps on each side.

Side Lunges 12/12/12.

Squats 12/12/12. I did 3 second holds on the 2nd and 3rd set to increase the difficulty a bit.

One Legged Calf Raises 12/12/12. I swapped these for the Romanians because I am convinced they are a major cause of my back issues right now. Getting through the last few reps on the left side was tough.

• Like 2

Level 4 Ranger
STR 10 / DEX 6 / STA 6 / CON 8 / WIS 6 / CHA 5
Completed Challenges / PVP's: 
1 | 2 3 | 4 | YAYOG | 20-in-10

Current Challenges / PVP's: 5

Week 4, Day 2 update:

Split Squats - 12/12/12

Side Lunges - 12/12/12

Squats - 12/12/12

OLRDLs - 12/12/12

Took my time on the exercises and concentrated on form. I'm still having balance probs during the one legged dead lifts, but it is improving. 

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Week 4 - Day 1

Push Ups: 12/12/12

Military Press: 12/12/12

Close P-Ups: 12/12/12

Seated Dips: 12/12/12

I'm working on handstand progressions for my 6w challenge and always do that work before I get to the YAYOG for the day. So today these were preceded by a 60 second and then 40 second handstand against the wall. Plenty of extra difficulty due to that, really had to grind out the last reps each set.

• Like 2

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

|  Challenges: 1  |  YAYOG PvP  |

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

YAYOG basic program - 10 Weeks

84%
84%

Week 4 - Day 1

Push Ups: 12/12/12

Military Press: 12/12/12

Close P-Ups: 12/12/12

Seated Dips: 12/12/12

I'm working on handstand progressions for my 6w challenge and always do that work before I get to the YAYOG for the day. So today these were preceded by a 60 second and then 40 second handstand against the wall. Plenty of extra difficulty due to that, really had to grind out the last reps each set.

I made the mistake of trying to do handstand stuff after this workout... Was not a good idea

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I made the mistake of trying to do handstand stuff after this workout... Was not a good idea

Haha yeah I tried that one day near the beginning, even after resting a long time I pretty much just landed on my head.

Cyborg Assassin ≡ Level 2 ][ STR 7.8 â‰¡ DEX 1.8 â‰¡ STA 5.8 â‰¡ CON 2 â‰¡ WIS 4 â‰¡ CHA 3 ]

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%

Week 4, Day 3

LMIs (overhand) - 12/12/12 - 2 sec. pause at the top - got really hard for the 3rd set. 

LMUs - 10/9/9 - more than last week! 

LMIs (underhand) - 12/12/12 - 1 sec pause at the top (for most) - this still hurts my hand a bunch. 

Towel Curls - 12/12/12 - tried hard to let my leg be mostly lifeless, sometimes it's tough.  But I could certainly feel it today. 

Core tomorrow!  Strong work everyone! 

• Like 3

Week 4, Day 3

LMIs (overhand) - 12/12/12 - 2 sec. pause at the top - got really hard for the 3rd set.

LMUs - 10/9/9 - more than last week!

LMIs (underhand) - 12/12/12 - 1 sec pause at the top (for most) - this still hurts my hand a bunch.

Towel Curls - 12/12/12 - tried hard to let my leg be mostly lifeless, sometimes it's tough. But I could certainly feel it today.

Core tomorrow! Strong work everyone!

On the Let me Ins have you tried wrapping a towel around the handle?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

On the Let me Ins have you tried wrapping a towel around the handle?

yes, and I am not using a door, but a stabilizing pole in my basement.  I think it's the gripping of the towel that makes my hands sore (maybe they're just a bit weak overall).  But I am looking into some gloves for a little extra protection, so we'll see how that goes.  I have already returned two pair for poor fit, so the hunt continues...

Week 4 Day 3:

LMI 12/12/12

LMU 11/12/11 (finally PROGRESS!!)

LMI (underhand) 12/12/12, forearms didn't want to die this time

Towel Curls 12/12/12, biceps hurt after last week hopefully they'll hurt again this week

I'm keep seeing small improvements and it's awesome :D. Yesterday my weight dropped below 180 and I'm feeling a lot stronger.

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 4 - Day 2

BS Squats: 12/12/12

Side Lunges: 12/12/12

Squats: 12/12/12

OLRD: 12/12/12

Agggggh. I ran 2 miles (10:44/mi average, new PB) before doing this workout so I felt the burn in every single rep. I really wasn't sure I'd finish every rep today but I pushed through the pain. Success. :D

• Like 1

Reduce bodyfat to 10%

35%
35%

84%
84%

Hey, folks. I got in over my head on PVPs and accountability groups this time, so I'm scaling back. I'll still be lurking and learning, but going to step back from actively participating in this one for now. Keep up the great work, everyone - this is an awesome group!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey, folks. I got in over my head on PVPs and accountability groups this time, so I'm scaling back. I'll still be lurking and learning, but going to step back from actively participating in this one for now. Keep up the great work, everyone - this is an awesome group!

Will miss you. If you ever want to come back this thread will be here!

• Like 1

I finished W3 D3 today.  Here are the details:

LMI 90's - 12/12/12.  These seemed too easy.

LMU's - 12/12/12.  These were tough, especially the third set.  I have come a long way on these since when I started doing YAYOG just 3 weeks ago!

LMI's - 12/12/12.

Towel Curls - 12/12/12.  I didn't do a great job of these.  I think I did a cross between a curl and a shrug.  

• Like 3

Level 4 Ranger

Week 4, Day 3 update:

Feeling a lot better today. I occasionally get a mild case of Vertigo. I didn't want to work out the past couple of days because of it. Today, much better so am trying to get back on track:

LMIs - 12/12/12

LMUs - 12/10/8 - Am feeling a lot stronger about these

LMIs, wrist up - 12/12/12

Towel Curls - 12/12/12

Really taking my time and can tell a difference. The LMUs have been the most difficult exercise for me, but can feel myself getting stronger.

• Like 2

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai

Finished week 3 today. Hooray!

Leg lifts 12/12/12. These were easier than I remember them. I have always hated leg lifts, but I guess the rest of my YAYOG training is paying off!

Hyper extensions 12/12/12. I tried to hold these for one second on the last two sets to increase the difficulty.

Pointers 12/12/12 (subbed for the Russian twists to help my back)

Swimmers 12/12/12

• Like 1

Level 4 Ranger