Forums are back in action! ×

What's everyone reading?

I am a huge fan of Maberry and the Joe Ledger novels. I read a few of his other novels and I like his work.

He's books a some of the best I've read in a while. I read the first Rot & Ruin book (aptly named Rot & Ruin) by him and enjoyed it - probably should read the rest of them when I find time

I bounce between Maberry and Larry Correia with his Monster Hunters series for modern supernatural/horror stuff with Butcher's Dresden given me the more Urban Fantasy spin

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

I was stumbling through the library the other day and came across "Mules and Men" by Zora Neal Hurston. The narrated "lies" in it are told in dialect, it begs to be read aloud! Delicious ear candy :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

He's books a some of the best I've read in a while. I read the first Rot & Ruin book (aptly named Rot & Ruin) by him and enjoyed it - probably should read the rest of them when I find time

I bounce between Maberry and Larry Correia with his Monster Hunters series for modern supernatural/horror stuff with Butcher's Dresden given me the more Urban Fantasy spin

Rot and Ruin was the young adult novel he did right? I read his other novel Dead of Night and it was good, i have the sequel sitting in the shelf but have not dug into it yet.

I just finished Monster Hunter Alpha by Correia, the MHI is one of my favorites but I try hang onto them for a couple months before I blow through them. I want to save MHI legion, but I don't think I am going to be able to.

Rot and Ruin was the young adult novel he did right? I read his other novel Dead of Night and it was good, i have the sequel sitting in the shelf but have not dug into it yet.

I just finished Monster Hunter Alpha by Correia, the MHI is one of my favorites but I try hang onto them for a couple months before I blow through them. I want to save MHI legion, but I don't think I am going to be able to.

Rot and Ruin is his zombie series apparently officially (per Wiki anyways) titled "Benny Imura Series"

I'm a big fan of MHI even if some ... well most ... of the time they're seriously over the top. :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Currently reading:

Neal Stephenson - Cobweb (almost finished)

Rippetoe - Starting Strength (finished squats)

Taleb - Antifragile, things that gain from disorder (difficult read because i dont like his rambligns and dont agree with his logic, but still feeel he has some valid points)

• Like 1
There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Neal Stephenson - Cobweb (almost finished)

Is there something written by Stephenson I haven't read yet? Who knew? I must fix this quickly.

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

He's books a some of the best I've read in a while. I read the first Rot & Ruin book (aptly named Rot & Ruin) by him and enjoyed it - probably should read the rest of them when I find time

I bounce between Maberry and Larry Correia with his Monster Hunters series for modern supernatural/horror stuff with Butcher's Dresden given me the more Urban Fantasy spin

The MHI books are very over the top, but Owen is the most bad ass accountant in the world and there are very few finance action heroes to look up to.

I'm on to peter fitzimons book on Masson (you know, of the Antarctic). I am loving it, more so because a friend was the head of Masson base for 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me

Race Orc (if I am to be honest, that or giant blob), Level 2, Attributes str 5, dex 1, stam 1, con 2, wis 3, cha 3

Working my way through Countdown to Zero Day, with Augustus: First Emperor of Rome next on the to-do list.

I am the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and arrogance.

"How did you expect it to feel? You are free, Jacen Solo, and that can be lonely, and empty, and frightening. But it is also powerful."

Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful.

Current Challenge-the Making of a Sith Lord

0%
0%

Recruit | Level 0

Finished divergent and LOVED it. Just started reading the trial by Franz Kafka - so far, so weird!

I have the trial in my to read pile...picked it up at the charity book stand in my office...thought it just looked interesting.

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

I just started reading Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid. It's mind bending! Absolutely great!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

Currently taking a break from A Song of Ice and Fire (I've just barely started A Dance with Dragons). Last week, I went to a secondhand bookshop and found a book of tales by H.P. Lovecraft. I've never been much into horror, but I love Lovecraft's writing style.

Plus, it's easing my mental burnout of trying to keep up with my pals in Westeros.

• Like 2

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

Some days I think I have book ADD... I'm a chapter into Gödel, Escher, Bach, and came home from the library with 3 Orson Scott Card books (Shadows in Flight, Ender in exile, and Prentice Alvin). I'll be in my comfy Poang chair in the corner if you need me. 

Just finished the sword of truth series. Now am without a series

That is my favorite series! what was your favorite book?

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Currently reading:

[Non Fiction]

Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less -- Sam Carpenter

Charcuterie by Michael Ruhlman & Brian Polcyn

Cooked by Michael Pollan

[Fiction]

nothing yet... I'm in between books... just finished Horns by Joe Hill and Little Brother by Cory Doctorow... I've got like 10 Stephen King books on the reading list, along with the books 2 and 3 of the millenium trilogy, other joe hill novels, and who knows what else. I want so badly to get on the George RR Martin train, but I'm afraid that once I start I'm gonna lose 2 weeks of my life at least.

[Comics]

Marvel's Dark Tower - The Way Station (catching up on this)

Superior Spider-man/Amazing Spider-man/etc... all of the spider-verse event really

Ms. Marvel

Hawkeye

All New X-men

Day tripper (SO GOOD, but I have not found time to finish it! damn my attention span and busy life)

• Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft