Forums are back in action! ×

So say we all!

Spider-Dan

Nice! My wife and I don't usually watch a lot of tv together. TV is usually something I have on at night while I am working on other things post-workout. Reading, writing, costume work, etc.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

I tried to watch Caprica- I was stoked when I saw it was coming out- it looked so cool.

But it was too slow to build (as noted) and what really bothered me was the over developed sense of secrecy- they were trying to build drama by cutting back and forth and leaving everything kind of in a patch work- but they took WAY to long to kind of make sense of what was going on- so I abandoned ship.  Once Apon A Time does the same thing- but they made sense of things by the end of the episode.

Mhmmm Boomer annoyed me.  Maybe I need to rewatch it- it's time for some TV fit motivation!! 

Anybody else watch BSG: Blood & Chrome yet? I picked it up on Blu-Ray tonight. I have to admit that 90% of the reason I got it is out of loyalty. I adore BSG so much, and I already have the entire series, so this keeps my collection complete. The show itself is only ok. Major cons to it are:

1) Adama's casting. It is made worse by the fact that the guy they had in Razor for the flashbacks was dead on. This kid just isn't that interesting in comparison.

2) Blood & Chrome actively contradicts the flashbacks in Razor. This is really irritating to me.

Major positives are the rest of the cast is pretty solid, and the visuals are neat considering they are 98% CGI. Galactica herself is a little overdone. It is hard to wash how they present her in her prime with the old girl that was put out to pasture at the beginning of the miniseries.

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

We tried to watch blood and chrome when they aired it as a tv special a few weeks back - my husband made it all the way through, I went to bed halfway with the intention of finishing it when it reaired again the next day, but ended up just skipping it. I didn't really like Razor, either though - so far The Plan is the only thing other than the series itself that I've actually enjoyed.

never even heard of "Blood and Chrome".  is it a new revamp, or does it work off the same story?  ::goes to investigate::

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Blood and Chrome is a one shot that was done for Machinima. It is supposed to be set during the first Cylon war and follows Bill Adama on his first mission.

Do any of you guys watch Portlandia? It's a sketch show, and one of the sketches they did last season was about BSG obsession. There are a ton of cameos by some of the best folks at the end. If you love Battlestar, you will love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njr3aFpTMyQ'> this.

Level 1 Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

My First Challenge

"The pleasures of heaven are with me, and the pains of hell are with me;

The first I graft and increase upon myself--the latter I translate into a new tongue."

Am a latecomer to BSG... Was handed a DVD after not recognizing the geek colleague's Caprica Toasters t-shirt reference... And was hooked.

I just read the Origins comic omnibus with backstory on Zarek, Baltar, Adama and joint Starbuck & Helo tale. Not bad but not quite as satisfying as "Just one more ep before bed".

I have a pic of Starbuck in the gym with a boxing work out going on as a motivator. Am glad I'm not as messed up as her but I love the attitude!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

OMG why didn't I find this thread before!   I too am a late to the wagon die hard BSG fan.   In fact, I am only partly through my first time and on Season 4.       LOVE the series.

My name here is a spin off of Starbuck, because, like WildColonialGrrl said --- great motivation, love the attitude, but I'll take being a little less messed up version of her. ;)

And since Suited showed off his new digs, I'll add mine to the list!

starbuck

- Casual Look!

faceoff

- And me and my fellow geek teammate doing a little Sci-fi vs Steampunk face off for our teams photo shoot.

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

OMG why didn't I find this thread before!   I too am a late to the wagon die hard BSG fan.   In fact, I am only partly through my first time and on Season 4.       LOVE the series.

My name here is a spin off of Starbuck, because, like WildColonialGrrl said --- great motivation, love the attitude, but I'll take being a little less messed up version of her. ;)

And since Suited showed off his new digs, I'll add mine to the list!

- Casual Look!

- And me and my fellow geek teammate doing a little Sci-fi vs Steampunk face off for our teams photo shoot.

get that show finished and let us know how you liked season 4. I love your name, and I get the sentiment. Problem is that I think being screwed up is on of the prerequisites for being the badass Starbuck is. Of the ladies on the show, Katee Sackhoff is definitely the one I am most attracted too, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to fall in love with Kara Thrace. Love the vs pic!

My girlfriend and I just recently started watching it for the first time. We're in Season 2 right now. She likes it. Me, not so much. But in an effort to be positive, I'll talk about the things I do like about it. I like some of the characters, namely Starbuck, #6, Gaius, the Chief and President Roslin. I like all the references to Greek mythology. And I really enjoy the exchanges between Gaius and Number 6. Those scenes are actually what keep me watching. I feel like those bits of dialogue really delve into the ideology of the show, which is extremely interesting to me. It was also weird seeing Lew Ashby (from Californication) as a Cylon. 

Level 0

STR (0)  â€¢  DEX (0)  â€¢  STA (0)  â€¢  CON (0)  â€¢  WIS (0)  â€¢  CHA (0)

Introduction  â€¢  6WC 7/28/14-9/7/14  â€¢  Battle Log

Nike+  •  Strava  •  Fitocracy  •  Twitter  •  Blog - As Is  • Instagram

I am my own avatar.

Archived