Forums are back in action! ×

The dorkiest stuff you've worn while working out!

Ohhh, well, ok. Then I guess the dorkiest thing I've ever worn was plate armor and a tabard.

Dude, that ain't dorky - that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

This is my favorite. You should have acted all panicked and started shouting about an "accident in the lab," and how everyone should get as far away as possible. 

Mass panic is fun. XD

I definitely would have, but it was about 5 in the morning.  Not too many people around at that time of day, and most of them are driving not walking.  I work out early :P

• Like 1

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

If you wear an eye patch and a triangle hat you're good.  Might be hard to squat with a peg leg though......

I have a full pirate costume. Tricorn cap, corset, full sleeved shirt, flintlock pistol, sabre, layered skirts, compass etc.... and I've done a 10 k in it.

I ran my second Tough Mudder in the world's most obnoxiously blue shorts possible. Picture cookie monster blue. They were great.

I've also done a zombie work out. Zombie walk at Halloween, plus Parkour tracing when the Hunters came around (I was a Witch from Left 4 Dead)

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I recently bought myself this:

IMG_2461_medium2.jpg

But I would LOVE to work out/ do parkour/ whatever in full costume someday. When I know parkour. And have the money for non-mediocre costumes. (The only costume I ever made that was any good was Chell from Portal 2, but the boots would definitely be an issue, and longfall socks are not an acceptable substitute. I am very obsessively detail-oriented when it comes to costuming. :P)

• Like 3

I recently bought myself this:

IMG_2461_medium2.jpg

But I would LOVE to work out/ do parkour/ whatever in full costume someday. When I know parkour. And have the money for non-mediocre costumes. (The only costume I ever made that was any good was Chell from Portal 2, but the boots would definitely be an issue, and longfall socks are not an acceptable substitute. I am very obsessively detail-oriented when it comes to costuming. :tongue:)

Too bad you're not in the Ottawa area, I'd totally be down for running amok in my Pirate costume. Parkour a la Swabbie.

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I would honestly rock just about any of these (preferably in shirt form, though):

enhanced-10831-1392061520-46.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/more-fandom-muscle-shirts#.ctRMQlvvn

I like this one, though wouldn't rock it as I've only ever really played the original zelda and feel like I wouldn't be able to do the fandom justice if someone thought I was a big zelda fan because I was wearing it. I have both of the below. I think they may have actualyl been pointed out earlier in this thread and it's why I got them, but I can't remember and don't feel like searching.

2408neogrn-w800h800z1-29618-bulk-like-hu

2408triblk-w800h800z1-24893-hulk-mode-ac

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My wife got me this shirt for Christmas 

10964027_701586119960185_216573548_n.jpg

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Well, I have to actually learn parkour first xD  but pirate parkour would be awesome.

Oh same here. I'm more like a child playing than an adult parkouring, but it's still fun nonetheless.

Definitely need to order some geeky workout gear now. 

G96Q8.jpg

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Psh what no I don't have a whole pinterest board dominated by nerdy workout shirts pfffft

Shadri never fails to deliver!

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I once had to wear ten swim suits. I would swim one hundred yards, take one off, and so on for a thousand yards. For starters, I didn't even know I owned ten swim suits. It turned out to be a lot of pounds of pressure from the elastic. Excruciatingly painful. So when in doubt, don't wear ten swim suits. 

• Like 3

I once had to wear ten swim suits. I would swim one hundred yards, take one off, and so on for a thousand yards. For starters, I didn't even know I owned ten swim suits. It turned out to be a lot of pounds of pressure from the elastic. Excruciatingly painful. So when in doubt, don't wear ten swim suits. 

Did you lose a bet or something?  That seems like a really, umm, odd thing to do voluntarily.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I no longer have any dorky workout gear. I need to start stocking up again... Back in the day when I first started working out I wore a t-shirt to the gym with my WoW guild's name, server and slogan on it. It drew some attention, though sadly none of the 'FOR THE HORDE'-variety that I've had when I wore my horde logo t-shirt at a festival. That was fun, we were walking from one stage to another, and all of a sudden this giant guy who was walking the other way ran up to me, pointed at me, raised his fist in the air and bellowed 'FOR THE HOOOOORDE!', high-fived me, and bounced off again.

• Like 2

I no longer have any dorky workout gear. I need to start stocking up again... Back in the day when I first started working out I wore a t-shirt to the gym with my WoW guild's name, server and slogan on it. It drew some attention, though sadly none of the 'FOR THE HORDE'-variety that I've had when I wore my horde logo t-shirt at a festival. That was fun, we were walking from one stage to another, and all of a sudden this giant guy who was walking the other way ran up to me, pointed at me, raised his fist in the air and bellowed 'FOR THE HOOOOORDE!', high-fived me, and bounced off again.

I don't much like playing Horde, but this totally makes me want to start.  And buy the requisite shirt, of course.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™