Forums are back in action! ×

6/16/17 Friday

It's a good day.  I slept from 10 'til 10, with a 3 hour break of eyes wide open and brain running at 90 mph - I took my ADHD meds at the wrong time. 

Next week we're going on a three week road trip to Florida to see relatives.  We're taking the long way back to stop in San Antonio.  Personally I was angling for a much shorter trip that was all Texas and no relatives... Today I picked up the camper from the repair shop and we bought a portable air conditioner to be able to handle camping in the sub-tropics in July.  I also puttered around, cleaning the cars, and other minor domestic rangering.

I just made the $1500 minimum for the Red Ribbon Ride.  I'm going to stop asking people for donations now; I really hated that.  The fundraising party is still on for tomorrow night though.

Right now I'm missing  a professional bike race that I always go watch and tomorrow I'll be missing the 40 mile race I always do.  I was momentarily miffed about all of this, but I let it go.  I'm also missing the Iron Maiden concert, I didn't think I wanted to go, but by all accounts on FB it's awesome and now I'm jelly.

Training: 23 mile (37 km) ride at endurance pace.  I've racked up a decent amount of miles, but it was done sporadically, so I feel like I still need to build a base.

Yoga: 15 minutes.

S&S: 5X10/10 swings at 20 kg + 5X1/1 get-ups at 12 kg.  I'm just going to keep this at maintenance at least until I get done with the big rides of the summer.

Eating: not much, nothing bad for me.

Spending: Let's just not talk about it.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

MIL and Mrs Sloth are arguing about Black Lives Matter. I'm heading to the basement until next Friday.

ETA: there's no bathroom down here, I'm going to have to pee in a Mason jar.

Let me guess, do all lives matter? 

The mason jar understands. Pee away. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Let me guess, do all lives matter? 

The mason jar understands. Pee away. 

I tried to sneak upstairs and they were arguing about what the proper weight range for a woman was. I noped right back downstairs.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sounds like it may be worthwhile to consider installing a TV and a minifridge down there :)

I've got a TV and a bunch of DVDs to catch up on, but the beer fridge is broken and full of warm beer.  I've also got a couple of bikes in need of repair.  I've got plenty to keep me busy down. :)

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:loyal: you have my sympathy. I don't want to switch mil's anymore.

I have to admit she is very generous.  i just have a hard time talking with her.  

It's a good day so far.  Plan is to stop procrastinating, get some training in, and work on those bikes.  Stretch goal is to sort out my old-tool collection.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I tried to sneak upstairs and they were arguing about what the proper weight range for a woman was. I noped right back downstairs.

I would shamelessly flee the house in terror at that point

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

10 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I would shamelessly flee the house in terror at that point

:) I still might.

6/17/17 Saturday

It was a good day.  After I stopped being lazy I went on a sort-of-long ride.  The fundraising party wasn't terrible.  I had to answer the same few questions a bunch of times.  "Yep, it sure is a long ways." "Well, I've been training some, but I really need to step it up."  I fell asleep on the couch.  

Big news is, in one week I'll be eating Korean tacos with @DJtrippyT.

Training:

- no Yoga

- S&S - 5X10/10 swings at 16kg (bell felt really heavy, so I sized down), no get-ups, bell felt really heavy and awkward.

- Riding - 37 miles in 2:42.  Endurance pace.  I'm really slow, but I somehow took 15 minutes off the last time I did this ride.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

whoot whoot!!!

• Like 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

10 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

What are Korean tacos?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've never had one, but Korean food is my favorite and tacos are my favorite. They must be my favoritist.

Waiting to hear about these Korean Tacos, and which of the other kind of taco it is most similar to

Mexican Taco

Spoiler

Image result for Taco

Okinawa Taco

Spoiler

Image result for Okinawa Taco

Japanese Taco (Tako)

Spoiler

Image result for TakoImage result for Tako

• Like 6
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Waiting to hear about these Korean Tacos, and which of the other kind of taco it is most similar to

Mexican Taco

Spoiler

Okinawa Taco

Spoiler taco-rice_0.jpg?itok=Q4Cu3VNM

Japanese Taco (Tako)

Spoiler images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAawZR1CrIu1bzEU9L0YCaSjaD8WPggWyo0aKtw9jlch0cKc0Utako_bell.gif

They all look so good, I got a little teary.

Mpls. needs a Tako Bell.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2017 at 0:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I ran out years ago.  This is old recycled awesomeness.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I say extra credit for recycling!

On 6/16/2017 at 11:51 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

ETA: there's no bathroom down here, I'm going to have to pee in a Mason jar.

As long as everything is clearly labeled, I see no problem with that.

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

So cool!

And congratulations on making your fundraising goal!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

6/18/7 Sunday - Father's Day

Today did not go as I expected. We went to brunch with my dad, before we left Mrs. Sloth pulled the thing were you tell someone something like they already know it and say I already told you that. That's how I ended up spending all day at her brother's cabin with her whole family.

Honestly, they're not bad people, they've always been very nice to me and my kids, I just didn't grow up with family and I don't quite get how it works and it all seems like a lot of work anyway.

[Deleted long, unnecessary rant about racist uncle.]

Maybe I need an appreciate family goal.

Anyway... The kids had a great time. They really ought to see their family more. After Uncle left I spent the rest of the day gaming with the ladies while the men and Mrs. Sloth went fishing. Slothgirl caught a lot of fish.

It actually wasn't bad at all, just not how I had my day planned when I woke up. I might even say it was a good day.

If I forget, remind me to post a picture of the dice I got as a present. I also got Yoga socks. I suppose I could post a picture of those too if anyone wanted.

Training:

- No Yoga.

- S&S warm-up at 12kg.

- 6X10 Hand-to-hand KB swings at 20kg - I couldn't keep tension on set 7 so I shut it down. I think biking makes my hips weak or tightens them up so they don't produce as much power. I think I'll drop to a lighter bell for a while.

- 5X1/1 get-ups at 12kg.

- No biking.

Eating- like a complete asshole. I ate too much and I ate stuff I shouldn't because my food palate is so limited right now. I literally ate myself sick, which isn't hard to do at all.

Spending - brunch + 1 tank of gas.

• Like 12

I have super tight hip flexors, I wonder if it's because I ride the bike... on the upside the PT suggested to do more KB swings to open them up, so yay bells~!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That's how I ended up spending all day at her brother's cabin with her whole family.

This is how horror movies start, you know.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

On 19/06/2017 at 4:58 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

6/18/7 Sunday - Father's Day

Today did not go as I expected. We went to brunch with my dad, before we left Mrs. Sloth pulled the thing were you tell someone something like they already know it and say I already told you that. That's how I ended up spending all day at her brother's cabin with her whole family.

Honestly, they're not bad people, they've always been very nice to me and my kids, I just didn't grow up with family and I don't quite get how it works and it all seems like a lot of work anyway.

[Deleted long, unnecessary rant about racist uncle.]

Maybe I need an appreciate family goal.

Anyway... The kids had a great time. They really ought to see their family more. After Uncle left I spent the rest of the day gaming with the ladies while the men and Mrs. Sloth went fishing. Slothgirl caught a lot of fish.

It actually wasn't bad at all, just not how I had my day planned when I woke up. I might even say it was a good day.

If I forget, remind me to post a picture of the dice I got as a present. I also got Yoga socks. I suppose I could post a picture of those too if anyone wanted.

Training:

- No Yoga.

- S&S warm-up at 12kg.

- 6X10 Hand-to-hand KB swings at 20kg - I couldn't keep tension on set 7 so I shut it down. I think biking makes my hips weak or tightens them up so they don't produce as much power. I think I'll drop to a lighter bell for a while.

- 5X1/1 get-ups at 12kg.

- No biking.

Eating- like a complete asshole. I ate too much and I ate stuff I shouldn't because my food palate is so limited right now. I literally ate myself sick, which isn't hard to do at all.

Spending - brunch + 1 tank of gas.

Do sports style KB and then it's all about being loose ;-)

I think my husband feels the same as you do about MILs...  it's worse for me - I have to guard against turning into her!  I also have a racist uncle.  This is clearly a recognised family model...

Photos of everything (well, dice and socks) please.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2017 at 9:51 PM, Xena said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. I say extra credit for recycling!

As long as everything is clearly labeled, I see no problem with that.

So cool!

And congratulations on making your fundraising goal!

Thanks :) You and my other nerd friends were a big part of that.

On 6/19/2017 at 7:03 AM, Yasha92 said:

I have super tight hip flexors, I wonder if it's because I ride the bike... on the upside the PT suggested to do more KB swings to open them up, so yay bells~!

Biking is terrible for your hip flexors.  I do KBs to balance out my issues caused by a lifetime of biking too much.

On 6/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, DJtrippyT said:

This is how horror movies start, you know.

I don't know, this all seems more like one of those TV shows were women sit in the kitchen and drink too much wine and talk/ complain/ and drama in the kitchen and then people get mixed around and it happens some more without anything really happening - I'm looking at you Gilmore Girls.

20 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Do sports style KB and then it's all about being loose ;-)

I think my husband feels the same as you do about MILs...  it's worse for me - I have to guard against turning into her!  I also have a racist uncle.  This is clearly a recognised family model...

Photos of everything (well, dice and socks) please.

Sport KBs breathe all wrong; I could never do it.

It has to be a trope; I barely knew my family and I had a racist uncle.  

Damn, I forgot the pics.  The socks were a unisex Large, which is the same as a Men's XS.  They don't fit.

• Like 2

6/19/17 Monday

It was a good day.  The thing of note was that I donated platelets.  I watched "Enter the Dragon" as they sucked my blood and replaced it with chilled saline.  Otherwise it was pretty quiet day.

Training: 

Yoga - no.

S&S: Warm-up at 12 kg, no KB swings, 5X1/1 get-ups at 12kg.

Riding: 38 miles at an endurance pace.  I think 15 mph ave.

Eating: Reasonably well.

Spending: None that I recall.

6/20/17 Tuesday

It was a good day.  I reminded myself why MIL doesn't like me.

All the siblings and their spouses went to my sister-in-laws house to have a meeting about finances, end-of-life care, inheritances, etc.  [As background info., MIL loves drama, being the center of attention, and can never tell if I'm serious or joking].  We were all seated around the dining room table and it was kind of tense.  It felt like the big reveal on a reality TV show.  It started with a long melodramatic speech by MIL.  After a long time I interrupted with, "You know I'll pull the plug."  Everyone looked at me with jaws slightly agape and cracked up.

After that every time it got a bit tense someone would make a joke about it at my expense.  It was a jerk move on my part, but just what the group needed.  MIL was furious with me, but to her credit she kept it inside.  Mrs. Sloth wasn't too happy either.

We all went to lunch at Olive Garden, where I was surprised to find something that I could eat and enjoy.  It was better than I expected (bean soup, bread sticks, pasta with meat sauce and sausages, iced tea).  It was actually a nice time.

Training:

Yoga: 15 minutes.

S&S: No overslept.

Riding: 32 miles in 2:18.  I need to make my short rides shorter and my long rides longer.

Eating: Good.  I'm starting to get my appetite back.

Spending: None - MIL treated at lunch (she's very generous).

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Xena said:

Good on you for getting through that and finding the bright spots in it.

Thanks.  It wasn't really that bad.  I'm just not good with drama.  Or listening for long periods, or even sitting still.

• Like 3