Forums are back in action! ×

Yes, a Mando Merc! I'm hoping to join you guys next year. I'm currently trying to finalize my first armor set.

That's awesome, shoot me your build thread sometime, I'd love to see what you come up with.

28%
28%

Main Quest: from 256 lbs. to 200 lbs.

Current weight 256 lbs. on 9/9

Current weight 242 on 12/30

Beskar'ad the level 1 Assassin

Question for the smarter nerds than me.  I'm thinking about dressing up as the Punisher for Halloween and I think I have everything I need except an arsenal.  Are there places that rent the blue training weapons?  or should I look at pellet guns?  

I do have a left and right holsters for the Berrata 9mm so I would like to be able to use the same stuff.  And I was thinking having an M4 or MP5 looking rifle (less important)

Thanks in advance for your help.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Question for the smarter nerds than me.  I'm thinking about dressing up as the Punisher for Halloween and I think I have everything I need except an arsenal.  Are there places that rent the blue training weapons?  or should I look at pellet guns?  

I do have a left and right holsters for the Berrata 9mm so I would like to be able to use the same stuff.  And I was thinking having an M4 or MP5 looking rifle (less important)

I have seen passable toys at places like Dollar General and Big Lots, not sure if those are around you, for around $5.  Check your local Goodwill as well in their toy section.  You might need to buy black spray paint but it is doable.

• Like 1

28%
28%

That's awesome, shoot me your build thread sometime, I'd love to see what you come up with.

I just started a planning thread. Will send you the link.

I would agree with Rob; look around for toys that you could easily mod to look legit. Much more fun! That way, if you want to take them to cons or other places, they're only seen as props (mostly).

• Like 2

Also Halloween stores are starting to open and may have something worthwhile.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Airsoft is your friend.  You can find realistic looking weapons, that already meet all legal requirements, for almost any price range.

Also, Punisher traditionally carries a 1911.  Everything else varies by comic.

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Airsoft is your friend.  You can find realistic looking weapons, that already meet all legal requirements, for almost any price range.

Also, Punisher traditionally carries a 1911.  Everything else varies by comic.

As I do my "research" he carries what ever is available, but you are right.  1911's are his favorite (for good reason.)  

quick google buts the blue training pistols in the $50 range and I did find these orange ones for $10.

This will be a big step for me to dress up.  I hope I can handle the attention.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Here and here are some more options from amazon in the 20-25$ range.

And before I forget again: the Foam Cave has good patterns for bracers, greaves, and belts.

• Like 2

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

When the early 2000s movie came out we had two guys show up at a costume party as Punisher.  One of my roommate's buddies looks the part and on closer inspection I realized he had decided to just carry two real 1911s.  It was kosher there but probably not a good idea at most parties!

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

Yes, a Mando Merc! I'm hoping to join you guys next year. I'm currently trying to finalize my first armor set.

If you like a more armor looking Wonder Woman, check out the armor she wears in the New 52:

That's really close to what I had in mind. I might make the skirt a little more... covering... since I'm not comfortable in walking around with so little on, but I'm definitely saving that as a reference pic for when I work on the armor. Thanks a ton! :D

• Like 1

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Yay! I'm so happy to see this topic here! :D

I used to cosplay quite a bit but took a break in the last couple years. I intended to stop actually, but with a few ideas that have popped into my head lately, I'm thinking break might be the better word.

After catching up on the Star Wars: Rebels cartoon that was released last year, and knowing that I'm going to go to a big Expo in April with friends that want to dress up, I'm seriously debating a Hera and Kanan costume (Kanan for my Hubs).

Still trying to resist the urge but...

• Like 2

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Yay! I'm so happy to see this topic here! :D

I used to cosplay quite a bit but took a break in the last couple years. I intended to stop actually, but with a few ideas that have popped into my head lately, I'm thinking break might be the better word.

After catching up on the Star Wars: Rebels cartoon that was released last year, and knowing that I'm going to go to a big Expo in April with friends that want to dress up, I'm seriously debating a Hera and Kanan costume (Kanan for my Hubs).

Still trying to resist the urge but...

HERA! HERA! DO IT!! I love Rebels, and it's great to see people cosplay those costumes. The kids LOVE it. Must pass on fandoms to next generation! :D (I'm being a horribly bad influence >.< )

That's really close to what I had in mind. I might make the skirt a little more... covering... since I'm not comfortable in walking around with so little on, but I'm definitely saving that as a reference pic for when I work on the armor. Thanks a ton!  :D

Awesome! Glad to help out. I can definitely understand not wanting to show so much skin if you're not comfortable with it. I know a few cosplayers who tend to sew in or wear skin toned tights into those kinds of costumes to help with that as well.

• Like 1

So, never cosplayed before, but love dressing up for Halloween and Renaissance faires. I want to go as Agent Carter this year for Halloween/Rhode Island Comic Con. My problem? I can't sew. Like, still learning how to properly sew on a button can't sew. Any tips, or know anyone that I can help me?

I want to wear her blue suit from episode 1, which I have a pattern for. I'd wear her army outfit, which I can find online, but I have a strong sensitivity to wool, and they all appear to be made of wool.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Unfortunately, I do not. I do plan on creating something for myself when I get more material for one. I've always wanted to start a blog; maybe this would be a good topic to focus around.

Not of myself, but I do take a fair number of photos of others when I go to conventions and post them.

I do too and I have them on a Flickr acct, but I've always wanted to do a blog. I just never have the time lol I do have a facebook page but i've been torn between just deleting it or whatnot. I would love to follow anyone who might have something :)  

On a different note, my husband worked on a Foxy cosplay from Five Nights at Freddy's. He only managed to get the head piece done, but he did a wonderful job! It was meant for our son but he bailed so my husband wore it instead to our local comic con and he said he had so much fun with it. He ended up throwing together a decent body costume for it, but he will work on the rest later. We are also planning to make myself a Freddy Fazbear. :P

• Like 2

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

So, never cosplayed before, but love dressing up for Halloween and Renaissance faires. I want to go as Agent Carter this year for Halloween/Rhode Island Comic Con. My problem? I can't sew. Like, still learning how to properly sew on a button can't sew. Any tips, or know anyone that I can help me?

I want to wear her blue suit from episode 1, which I have a pattern for. I'd wear her army outfit, which I can find online, but I have a strong sensitivity to wool, and they all appear to be made of wool.

Well, first off, "properly sew" doesn't really matter in cosplay and especially for a Halloween costume. If it looks decent and will hold together for the night/day, it's proper enough! At least in my experience :) It would be different if you were entering cosplay contests - those can get heavy. But otherwise, you're putting too much pressure on your skills.

That being said, you can either attempt to sew the pattern and just go for it - starting now will give yourself plenty of time! OR, you can start hitting up Value VIllage or other thrift stores to see if there's anything that's close enough, or just needs to be altered a bit. That's what I do a lot of the time!

• Like 3

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

I do too and I have them on a Flickr acct, but I've always wanted to do a blog. I just never have the time lol I do have a facebook page but i've been torn between just deleting it or whatnot. I would love to follow anyone who might have something :)

On a different note, my husband worked on a Foxy cosplay from Five Nights at Freddy's. He only managed to get the head piece done, but he did a wonderful job! It was meant for our son but he bailed so my husband wore it instead to our local comic con and he said he had so much fun with it. He ended up throwing together a decent body costume for it, but he will work on the rest later. We are also planning to make myself a Freddy Fazbear. :tongue:

I have a Facebook page as well for mine.  http://facebook.com/laughingkoiproductions I have some landscape thrown in, mostly because I just moved to Oregon this summer.  Nothing special, but I have fun doing it.

We saw a couple of Five Nights costumes at Rose City Comic Con last weekend.  My son thought they were fantastic.

• Like 1

28%
28%

On a different note, my husband worked on a Foxy cosplay from Five Nights at Freddy's. He only managed to get the head piece done, but he did a wonderful job! It was meant for our son but he bailed so my husband wore it instead to our local comic con and he said he had so much fun with it. He ended up throwing together a decent body costume for it, but he will work on the rest later. We are also planning to make myself a Freddy Fazbear. :tongue:

My nightmare has come true... >.<

• Like 2

Her outfit is pretty simple, so you may be able to just find the pieces online.  If you've got the pattern though, I'd say give it a try.  You're only going to get better with practice, so might as well start now.  And the hardest part of costuming is deciphering the pattern in the first place; once you know how the pieces go together, it's just sewing in a (relatively) straight line.

• Like 1

Well, first off, "properly sew" doesn't really matter in cosplay and especially for a Halloween costume. If it looks decent and will hold together for the night/day, it's proper enough! At least in my experience :) It would be different if you were entering cosplay contests - those can get heavy. But otherwise, you're putting too much pressure on your skills.

That being said, you can either attempt to sew the pattern and just go for it - starting now will give yourself plenty of time! OR, you can start hitting up Value VIllage or other thrift stores to see if there's anything that's close enough, or just needs to be altered a bit. That's what I do a lot of the time!

Her outfit is pretty simple, so you may be able to just find the pieces online.  If you've got the pattern though, I'd say give it a try.  You're only going to get better with practice, so might as well start now.  And the hardest part of costuming is deciphering the pattern in the first place; once you know how the pieces go together, it's just sewing in a (relatively) straight line.

When it comes to projects, I tend to become a perfectionist. The fact that this might turn out horrible if I attempt it myself is scaring me into not wanting to!! But, I think I'll take both of your advice, and try it! And I don't need to travel far for the con, so I can pack/wear jeans and a t-shirt if it doesn't come out well at all (or ends up falling apart there). I also have a friend who frequents thrift stores and told her to keep an eye out for me.

• Like 2

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

In my experience congoers are extremely forgiving re: costumes. They see a favorite character, they cheer, no matter how lousy the costume is. In fact my local con had to start lecturing people about "no glomping" because the silly kids want to hug every Roxas clone they see. I've worn half finished outfits and still gotten compliments and photo requests.

I may be wrong (not having watched the show) but it looks to me like that Agent Carter could be done pretty simply with any dark colored woman's suit, particularly blue. Suits are easy enough to come by, and a lot of em are polyester these days. (They're also hard to sew, not exactly a beginner project I think... But I've never tried.) If thrift stores aren't lucky, maybe you could borrow a suit from a friend (just get it dry cleaned afterward). I see a hat which looks more distinctive, but you could order one of those.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

In my experience congoers are extremely forgiving re: costumes. They see a favorite character, they cheer, no matter how lousy the costume is. In fact my local con had to start lecturing people about "no glomping" because the silly kids want to hug every Roxas clone they see. I've worn half finished outfits and still gotten compliments and photo requests.

That's good to know! It gives me more confidence to try.

(They're also hard to sew, not exactly a beginner project I think... But I've never tried.)

I was thinking the skirt would be rather easy, but the jacket being the hard part.

Now, I'm assuming patterns are re-usable as long as I don't mangle it? So, if I start working on it, and realize I can't do it now, I can come back in the future and try again when I have more experience.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

That's good to know! It gives me more confidence to try.

I was thinking the skirt would be rather easy, but the jacket being the hard part.

Now, I'm assuming patterns are re-usable as long as I don't mangle it? So, if I start working on it, and realize I can't do it now, I can come back in the future and try again when I have more experience.

Yep, as long as it doesn't get destroyed, patterns are totally reusable!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%