Snarkyfishguts Thought a Challenge was a Good Idea

I love Pumpkin Pie Blizzard season!   

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Welcome back! It's great to see you pursuing healthy living while taking good care of  yourself by naming not just what you WILL DO, but also the things you will NOT do. Way to go - I love how you are making room for fun and joy!!

• Thanks 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

The visiting uncle is driving everyone batty. He was supposed to hang out with friends and they were like “No, we have other plans now, byeeeee!” And my uncles were going to hang out for the day, and they were like “No, change of plans! Byeeeee!” No one wants to hang out with a selfish sourpuss, but he can’t seem to understand that. That does mean WE have more time with him, but I’m going about my day while he’s here. It feels like a HUGE VICTORY.  But I am also grateful it’s a short visit. I need to level up more before we get to the holidays. 

Sunday is my turn to cook dinner again. Hmm hmm hmm… What should I make this time?  Something with fish or vegetarian. The uncle will be gone and the nephew doesn’t come back until Monday. Hmm hmm hmm what to make? I’ll consult my cook books.  

Looney Tunes Animation GIF

Ah, but I hear my name. It’s my turn to deal with the sourpuss.  :D  See you later, taters!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, ShadowLion said:

Welcome back! It's great to see you pursuing healthy living while taking good care of  yourself by naming not just what you WILL DO, but also the things you will NOT do. Way to go - I love how you are making room for fun and joy!!

Thank you! That means a lot to me.  I’m really excited about all of it! :D 

• Like 1

REVIEWING THE WEEK!!!

Okay, enough fancy fonts. Down to business.

Saturated fat: my average this week was 19g.  I had a couple days when I was at 25g, and a couple of 16, and one 11! So It’s definitely progress. Next week I’ll aim to be consistently under. 

Fiber: average was 24g! That’s a definite improvement. I had a couple days where I was over 28, one day when I was only 18, and a few in the middle. 

Walking: 5 days! YES

Strength training sessions: This one is tricky. I was busy this week, so instead of having two strength training sessions, I did mini-sessions every day this week. So basically like one set a day, excluding exercises that aggravated my tendonitis. I’m calling it a win for flexibility and problem solving instead of all or nothing thinking. So honestly, this may be how things go in the future.  We’ll see!

Fun activities: OMG I MISSED THIS COMPLETELY. There was no dancing, no gardening, no moving for the joy of it. OhO! This will be taken care of next week. I’m so excited!

I did well on the Things I’m not going to do. Brooding was at a minimum, and I was able to write my feelings in the Finch app when I felt low. I didn’t weigh in, and I definitely didn’t have a perfect week, but I’m very happy with last week, and I’m really looking forward to next week.  I think I’m going to stick to a 6 day week of Sunday to Friday, and review on Saturdays.  I’m going to take the rest of the day offline and relax. The extended family are coming tonight, and I suspect it’s going to be tiring. But tomorrow morning I am hanging out with my good buddy and I plan on being out until my uncle finally leaves. Which will probably be mid-afternoon. :D I may read in a coffee shop for a while. LOL. 

Oooh…coffee. Have a lovely day! I’ll see you tomorrow or Monday :D 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5

On 9/14/2024 at 5:28 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

REVIEWING THE WEEK!!!

Okay, enough fancy fonts. Down to business.

Saturated fat: my average this week was 19g.  I had a couple days when I was at 25g, and a couple of 16, and one 11! So It’s definitely progress. Next week I’ll aim to be consistently under. 

Fiber: average was 24g! That’s a definite improvement. I had a couple days where I was over 28, one day when I was only 18, and a few in the middle. 

Walking: 5 days! YES

Strength training sessions: This one is tricky. I was busy this week, so instead of having two strength training sessions, I did mini-sessions every day this week. So basically like one set a day, excluding exercises that aggravated my tendonitis. I’m calling it a win for flexibility and problem solving instead of all or nothing thinking. So honestly, this may be how things go in the future.  We’ll see!

Fun activities: OMG I MISSED THIS COMPLETELY. There was no dancing, no gardening, no moving for the joy of it. OhO! This will be taken care of next week. I’m so excited!

I did well on the Things I’m not going to do. Brooding was at a minimum, and I was able to write my feelings in the Finch app when I felt low. I didn’t weigh in, and I definitely didn’t have a perfect week, but I’m very happy with last week, and I’m really looking forward to next week.  I think I’m going to stick to a 6 day week of Sunday to Friday, and review on Saturdays.  I’m going to take the rest of the day offline and relax. The extended family are coming tonight, and I suspect it’s going to be tiring. But tomorrow morning I am hanging out with my good buddy and I plan on being out until my uncle finally leaves. Which will probably be mid-afternoon. :D I may read in a coffee shop for a while. LOL. 

Oooh…coffee. Have a lovely day! I’ll see you tomorrow or Monday :D 

Great week! Lots of progress, smart adaptations as needed, attitude of flexibility...now go have some fun!! 

• Thanks 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Rough start this week. Today was a big caregiving day, and it went okay. It was very family heavy weekend and I feel like I need a break. 

Maybe what I really need is to break it down a bit.

My visiting uncle was annoying, but I really got around it that everytime he would be tough I just sang “Be a man” in my head and I found him a lot less annoying that way. I didn’t really deal with him too much, but he and my one Aunt kept talking about how I needed to take care of all of them, and I finally just said “I love you but my plate is full.”  When what I was thinking was “I’m not taking care of anyone who isn’t taking care of themselves.”

Speaking of not taking care,  my great Aunt,  whom I’ve refered to here as The Troll Queen passed away yesterday from heart and kidney failure at 78 which was AMAZING she lived that long considering she never exercised and only ate fast food. She was colorful, obnoxious and loveable. She used to dress up as Mrs. Claus on Christmas and work at the mall with Santa, and it’s hilarious because she hates kids. My mom was really close to her, so she’s been understandably sad all day.  She has some great stories though and it was great to realize we have so many good memories of her. 

I took my dad to get a hair cut and lunch and he wanted some cookies at walmart so I guided him in.  and he caught his foot on a pallet and went DOWN and he pulled hard on my arm as he went so I was trying to ease his fall and if I hadn’t moved quickly, he would’ve really injured me. Luckily he wasn’t injured at all, and though my shoulder and arm are still a little sore, it’s going to be fine tomorrow. Thankfully a really strong man came and got Dad back on his feet and that really saved my arm from serious injury as Dad was pulling hard again to get back up. Thank you strong man at Walmart. I love you forever.  And before the fall, Dad and I had a really great time with lunch and the hair cut and we’ll probably do lunch again in a couple weeks. 

That helped. Thanks. All together, it was a little too much, but when I can break it down, it’s not too much. 

We added a half mile to our morning walk, bringing us to 2 miles in the morning.  I did my mini-workout but FIRST I got my mom’s thick dowel rod that she uses for balance exercises and it was my sword for the West-Marches exercises. AW YEAH! That felt really good on my sore shoulder and arm too, and it was a good warm up but by the third time, I was feeling it and it was FUN. What a cool idea! Thank you @Sovalis and @DarK_RaideR for organizing such a fun adventure. 

Bert is back and I’m really glad he is. He’s a pleasant person to talk to and be around, and he’s really happy to be back too. It was make your own dinner night so the folks were going out and Bert cooked up some chicken tenders and tater tots for us and we had a serious discussion about the importance of ketchup with fried potatoes. 

This is a big update! I’ll close up for today. Thanks for listening!  

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Radost said:

GET THOSE SPIDERS!

IMG_7683.gif.8bcc95a33ffc14dd80d76867e4e7df25.gif

ROAR!  I’m looking forward to doing it again. I’ll have to move to the backyard today for it so I don’t accidentally whack my dad. Although his vision can would be a good sword. LOL

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad both you and your dad were alright.Yay for strong Walmart guy!

Way to slay those spiders1

Strong Walmart Guy still makes my heart sing with gratitude. 

And YEAH! Those spiders didn’t stand a chance. :D 

• Like 5

Today I got my blood work done, and then I had an amazing breakfast of eggs, crispy bacon, and fried potatoes.  Then I went home and ate some chocolate and took a nap. It's my day off, and I really enjoyed it this morning. I also really needed the rest. I skipped lunch, and dinner is going to be back to heart healthy. Tomorrow I'm back to keeping track and checking off boxes.  I'm nervous about my bloodwork results, so I'll share with you if my cholesterol is lower or not. Deep breath. Maybe another deep breath... one more...

My great aunt passed away Maxine this weekend. It was not a surprise. She had heart and kidney failure and has been ill a long time, and didn't take very good care of herself. I've referred to her on here in the past as The Troll Queen when she stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't leave the basement ,demanding that we deliver snacks to her. As annoying as she was, she was also weirdly loveable and she and my mom were pretty close. She called my mom for every birthday to sing happy birthday off key :D  There won't be a service for her and she was cremated and won't have a grave marker, so I just feel like I need to say "Maxine Pittman was here. She was colorful, inappropriate, and loved."  Everyone should be written down and remembered in some way. Thanks for letting me do that here.

I'm still nervous and a bit broody. I'm going to allow it. Tomorrow we begin again. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

My great aunt passed away Maxine this weekend. It was not a surprise. She had heart and kidney failure and has been ill a long time, and didn't take very good care of herself. I've referred to her on here in the past as The Troll Queen when she stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't leave the basement ,demanding that we deliver snacks to her. As annoying as she was, she was also weirdly loveable and she and my mom were pretty close. She called my mom for every birthday to sing happy birthday off key :D  There won't be a service for her and she was cremated and won't have a grave marker, so I just feel like I need to say "Maxine Pittman was here. She was colorful, inappropriate, and loved."  Everyone should be written down and remembered in some way. Thanks for letting me do that here.

Thank you for sharing her with us.

• Like 2

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

Adventures: Adventurers Wanted: A West-Marches Campaign

Bop Running GIF by Treehouse Direct

Today I walked for 30 minutes and danced just for fun for ten minutes.  I killed a few spiders. I also got in my one set of strongs for the day. My patience is low this week, and the one set a day is working well. 

I got my blood work back. My cholesterol numbers have gone down about 20 points but it’s still kinda high. My doctor is happy with my progress; she said it’s not high enough to warrant medication yet and thanked me for taking care of my health. The unspoken thing was “Keep going.”  That’s my purpose right now, to keep going. Sigh. I’m doing this for 86 year old Snarky, so I feel good and active. Yes indeed!

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

and danced just for fun for ten minutes.

What do you do when you dance for fun? I've thought it might be fun to do, but I'm not quite sure how. I haven't done much dancing since I stopped ballet after middle school. Except line dancing at some weddings. That's loads of fun, but it kind of requires a bunch of people and more space than I have in my house.

• Like 1

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35Current

3 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

What do you do when you dance for fun? I've thought it might be fun to do, but I'm not quite sure how. I haven't done much dancing since I stopped ballet after middle school. Except line dancing at some weddings. That's loads of fun, but it kind of requires a bunch of people and more space than I have in my house.

I muppet flail my limbs around a lot and do several step ball changes and box steps. Sometimes shuffles and kicks. A lot of jazz hands and again, muppet flailing. I don’t dance woth intention, but just kinda move like a kid and pretend I am a magical princess with a unicorn best friend, much like I did when I was 8 years old. So no one will ever see me dance and think “ wow!” But maybe like .” Wow..okay ….”

Sutton Foster Wow GIF by TV Land

?

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 5

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I muppet flail my limbs around a lot and do several step ball changes and box steps. Sometimes shuffles and kicks. A lot of jazz hands and again, muppet flailing. I don’t dance woth intention, but just kinda move like a kid and pretend I am a magical princess with a unicorn best friend, much like I did when I was 8 years old. So no one will ever see me dance and think “ wow!” But maybe like .” Wow..okay ….”

Sutton Foster Wow GIF by TV Land

?

Ahh, I think I'm probably way too rigid/structured to be able to do something like that, but I'm glad you're having fun!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Ahh, I think I'm probably way too rigid/structured to be able to do something like that, but I'm glad you're having fun!

Glow Sam The Eagle GIF by Muppet Wiki   

Thank you!!!  I feel like my whole life is structured, so I really want to incorporate more spontaneous fun into it. Which is structured :D It’s a work in progress. 

10 hours ago, Everstorm said:

That is so awesome.  I love the sense of glorious freedom.

Screen Media Films Dancing GIF

Thanks! It’s very fun! 

• Like 3

I took another rest day today. I half-assed logging my food today, and I postponed a lot of my to-dos to tomorrow. I also canceled my lunch plans tomorrow. My friend was really understanding. I'm going to call her next week and we'll reschedule. I'm so tired. But back to business tomorrow. Healthy goals, spider killing, and getting stuff done. 

I discovered a wasp nest on top of the chimney. I did NOT discover a company that will come out to the house to take care of it. I'll try again Monday.  Most places we called were like "Oh no, we don't service that area." whatever. I'll take the weekend to do some research. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

The wasps are gone? I looked out today and they're not there anymore. Maybe they were like "this place sucks, let's fly!" Either way... I'll check again later, but that would be amazing luck. 

It's time for a weekly review!

Saturated fat: My average this week was 17g according to Lose it! But I was hitting 20g of saturated fat most days, and had two days that were like 9g that kinda offset it.  The days I am over, I'm eating chocolate, so I can start cutting back on that a little bit. 

Fiber: average was 23g according to the app. that feels accurate. 

Strength training sessions: I continued with doing one set for 5 days this week. It's not making as big an impact so I think it's time to build up my mini-routine. 

Fun activities: I did the sword workout for west marches a few times, which is pretty dang fun.  I also did some dancing/muppet flailing this week and that was a lot of fun too! 

Things I’m not going to do.

Brooding - This happened a few times this week. I wasn't really taking charge of my time, and the result was feeling overextended and prone to brooding. With my aunt dying and my uncle having just left, my folks were not okay this week, and I had a lot more work on my plate. I'm glad to have a quiet weekend. 

Not weighing in: I did this one too, after I got my cholesterol score back. I've lost 7 pounds since I've started these goals three weeks ago. What this lets me know is that this diet and these exercises are working, and I can continue to ignore the scale, and trust my numbers will keep going down over the next few months before I get bloodwork again.

No perfect weeks: Amen. This week was messy, and full of personal growth opportunities. I learned a lot from this week. 

What I loved about last week:

I loved the West Marches challenges. It's so creative and fun! I liked reading other people's challenges. Everyone is so inspiring!  I said "no" to doing a favor for my brother because he didnt' give me enough notice. YES THAT IS HUGE. I also really enjoyed feeling well, my digestive tract is really feeling better than it has in years, and it's just having a huge impact on everything. I love it!

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 5