Forums are back in action! ×

So, I'm half the man I used to be.

I'm happy, I'm giddy, and I don't know exactly where to begin with this post.

I hit my goal weight. I now weigh less than two hundred pounds. I'd been stuck on a plateau since I joined a gym and started strength training in August. I'm told this isn't unusual, when you start lifting your muscles like to freak out and retain all sorts of fluids. Still it had lasted awhile. I maintained my calorie deficit, and kept running and lifting figuring it would take care of itself, and it did. Holy crap did it.

c655bf5a-ba49-40e3-865c-df60333db135.jpg

Trust me, I'm eating, I'm not doing anything crazy, It just... dropped. I don't know where it went. Regardless... I'm under 200 pounds, That's my goal. Which is incredible. To let you know just how incredible this was me a year ago. When I started tracking my calories.

2013-10.jpg

And now me this morning

Autoawesome+This+-+2-MOTION.gif

From this guy.

IMG_20121105_015559.jpg

To this guy.

IMG_20130920_093047.jpg

But you may notice that that photo from last year says I was 360 pounds, and 200 is not half of 360. Thing is, that wasn't my heaviest. I don't really have photos from that period in my life, but back in 2007, when I first got my current job, another rather large friend of mine and I ended up asking us which of us was heavier, neither of us had weighed ourselves in a long time, and most bathroom scales just plain didn't go high enough. So we went back to the Shipping Scale in the warehouse. He weighed 395, I had the dubious honor of weighing in at 411. I don't know if that is actually the heaviest I ever was, but that was nearly 6 years ago.

This is that same scale.

IMG_20130920_073151.jpg

If you can't read it,

IMG_20130920_073209.jpg

That means I have lost at least, AT LEAST 200 pounds from my heaviest, and since I weigh <200 (buck naked on my scale at home) that means I am half the man I used to be.

There are no words to express how pleased I am. Even with the loose skin and the stretch marks, I am a happy man.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

That's.... That's a LOT of lost weight!  :o

This should serve as an inspiration for everyone.

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

tumblr_m8xib51xEz1rr2zps.gif

TIMES A MILLION

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

zugehu6e.jpgI have no words

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thank you everyone for the kind words an woots. And the half man thing, I like it.

Congratulations! That is mightily impressive. You lost like a whole evil twin version of yourself!

Funny You should mention that. I'd been saying that when I got to my goal weight I'd shave my goatee and see what I look like with only one chin, since I've had facial hair pretty much since I was 17. Well I did, so now I guess I'm the good version of me. Shaved it just before a Run for Your Lives race today.

IMG_20130921_122931.jpg

Sadly it did not help me survive.

IMG_20130921_135208.jpg

Tis an "Infected" medal, sigh.

So awesome. I would say congrats but I feel like its something you say to people who've won something. You didn't win this, you Earned this! You are one serious badass, and an inspiration i will remember when I'm in need of motivation.

So what's your new goal? :)

Get stronger. I've taken to obstacle racing, as seen above. Ran the Warrior Dash in August. Ran a Run for Your Lives today. I have a Spartan Sprint in November.

Long term. Get stronger, better, faster, longer. Eventually run the Iron Warrior Dash, Tough Mudder, Super Spartan and Spartan Beast.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile