Forums are back in action! ×

Jupiter's Battle Log

On 3/24/2023 at 12:36 PM, Jean said:

ghost-hug.gif

Thank you! ❤️

On 3/28/2023 at 11:00 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Sending you another...

Sympathy Hug GIF by Only Human

You are brilliant and magnificent. You will find a job. 

Thank you, I appreciate this so much. ❤️❤️

• Like 4

Hi, I finally found you over here.  I am really sorry about he pup and glad that it seems to be something benign.

Hugs inbound about the work situation.  It sounds really rough and I am pretty sure you need all the hugs you get right about now

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 3/31/2023 at 7:12 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

So sorry to hear about the job situation, that sounds rough. Congratulations on the weight loss though!

Thanks, I appreciate it. ❤️

On 4/1/2023 at 6:11 PM, XBlackWidowX said:

Searching for a new job can be an ardous proccess, be patient and try not to get to stressed.

Great job with the weight loss, it's really a lot! 

Thanks, yeah, I've been trying not to, but it's hard, especially when the bills keep going up. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1
On 4/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

How are you doing @Jupiter?

I've been better, honestly. Things have been pretty rough lately. Thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate you, and sorry it took so long for me to respond. 

On 4/22/2023 at 4:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Hi, I finally found you over here.  I am really sorry about he pup and glad that it seems to be something benign.

Hugs inbound about the work situation.  It sounds really rough and I am pretty sure you need all the hugs you get right about now

Thanks, I really appreciate the hugs, I can definitely use them. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Well, another month has gone by (or maybe 2, I don’t know anymore). I don’t even know what happened. Got my hair cut. It still doesn’t look all that great, but then, it’s still too short to fix. The new hair stylist didn’t do a terrible job. I’m hoping that training her to cut it the way I want will help. I told her what the last hair stylist did, too, and she was like, “Wow, I’m so sorry.” When she looked at my hair, she was just baffled. She said the “layers” the other stylist put in my hair didn’t even make sense. They were all over the place and not even the same length. At one point, she told me, “Look right here, she put a hole in your hair.” Yup. That’s how bad it was, and still is. When I told her the name of the stylist, she wasn’t surprised. She knew exactly who I was talking about. Apparently, this is a habit with her.  

Anyway, spent Easter with some friends and got a flat tire. One of my friends, who very kindly changed my tire for me, also took it with him and tried to fix it. He told me that he found basically what amounted to a screwdriver in my tire. He even showed it to me. It was not a nail. It was literally the size of a screwdriver. He said he could fix the tire, but the wheel was too badly damaged and I’d have to order a new one. I can’t believe how expensive it was. The part alone cost way more than the actual labor. Couldn’t really afford it, but there was no way I was going to drive around on a spare tire, so I bit the bullet and just got it done.

Still having no luck on the job front. I keep applying, but I can’t even get an interview. It’s so frustrating. I have three degrees that I worked very hard for and years of knowledge and experience in a couple different fields. I don’t know how I’m not getting any interviews. I also tried to find out if I’m going to be fired this month. There’s no way I’m graduating from this never-ending training program, and this month is the last month that I would qualify. At first I was told, “I don’t know, but don’t worry about it.” That definitely stressed me out, because how can I not worry about something like that? But finally I got an answer today. They’ve suspended that rule, so for now at least, I get to keep my job.

And a big bottle of bug killer that I left outside in my backyard started leaking, leaving this huge puddle on my back porch. I got it sort of cleaned up, but I wasn’t as careful as I should have been and may have gotten some on me. I dismissed it at the time because it didn’t seem like I had, but I’m pretty sure I did, and I can't remember if I even cleaned/washed everything well enough. And now I feel stupid, because I know better than to be that careless. And now my anxiety brain has taken it to extreme places and is very sure something bad is going to happen. I don't know why I do this to myself. 

• Sad 6
On 5/10/2023 at 12:16 PM, Whisper said:

Hugs

Thanks so much for the hugs, I can definitely use them right now. 

• Like 3

-hugs-

Would it help you if someone else looks at your resume/cover letters and see if they spot anything strange? I could take a look if you'd like, but since I'm not familiar with US work-culture, someone else might be more suitable. I'm glad that you're keeping your job (at least for now), but I hope you'll be able to find something better. As for the anxiety brain, that's completely normal under your current circumstances. It's not nice, and I really hope that you'll get out of your current situation, but please don't beat yourself up over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jupiter! I am right there with you needing to find a new job. It's so stressful that I haven't even started yet but I need to soon because I am just living off my severance and I have horse and dog bills to pay. 

That new stylist sounds promising. I hope your hair grows back quickly and she's able to fix it for you. That would be so devastating.

Sending all the hugs and love your way ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

11 hours ago, Waanie said:

Would it help you if someone else looks at your resume/cover letters and see if they spot anything strange? I could take a look if you'd like, but since I'm not familiar with US work-culture

I'm familiar with it. I'm also volunteering myself for what you're suggesting, assuming of course @Jupiter is in agreement and thinks it might help. (Offer is open to @Rookie as well, since we're all in the thread here anyway.)

I like the new stylist much better than the old one. I hope she can transform your hair into something glorious that accurately reflects your awesomeness to the world!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI