Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

I'm the same, I know / don't care if I reach 100, but I will be happy with what ever I get, I am pretty much along for the ride

Yea and I'm gonna have fun with it :)

I'm confident you can all beat my PR. 30 consecutive, bragging rights to whoever gets over that number.

"I beat Ghost! Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!"

I'll accept that challenge! and I can't believe you just said that last part XD Awesome!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Two weeks done. The five minutes or so it takes me to do this every other day is far and away much, much worse than the 30 minutes or so I was spending everyday on the 10v1 challenge. I've been increasing the rest periods up to about 2 minutes between some sets (not all of them) just because I knew I'd never manage to make the max set if I didn't. Got to 41 on the max set today which is one above the minimum and the first time this week I've managed to do more than the minimum on the max set. Will either do a one set max test tomorrow or Sunday and see how I'm doing

Why didn't I find this earlier ;w; this sounds like fun!! I wanna join in!!

My starting point will be a weeping 0, so don't think I'll make it to 100, but that's OKAY, I'll just do as many as I can manage.

(with sore/weak shoulders, so this should be fun!)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Well you can! Some of us started early but it's still for the upcoming 6 week challenge, so you're actually right on time. Just register on the spreadsheet and do you best! :)

[edit]

And I just finished today's session!

[Warming up sets]: 4*5

Then: 16 - 17 - 14 - 14 - 22!

That's insanely difficult. I used to do sets of 10 easily during the 10vs1 now even that much is difficult. I need to understand why my arms are not willing to work as well as before. Still, there is improvement from 20 -> 22. Not much but well, I started slowly on the 10vs1 too, so there is still hope.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I totally added myself :) This is gonna be pain!! :D

I've been wearing bras instead of tops, so my shoulders are already hurting a lot!

Spoiler

today is my last day for the week! :D I won't be ding them until later tonight though cause I have to go to college (bleh). But I also agree, pain is gonna be your best friend by the end of this XD

Edit: Nuala congrats on moving up 2! I think I've only moved form 7 to 8 -_-

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Okay guys my sets for today! 8, 10, 7, 7, 12! Woot! Can now do 12! And it was so much easier than I thought it would be!

16, 21, 15, 15, 21 on 2 minutes rest. So ... much ... suck!

But it's the good kind of suck XD or at least I think so :P

16, 21, 15, 15, 21 on 2 minutes rest. So ... much ... suck!

Where's the suck? You just did 88 pushups in 5 sets. That is astounding. I'd be ecstatic to do that many. Hell, I'd be thrilled to just be able to do a set of 15

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

12! Woot Rain, that's great! I totally believe you'll hit at least 50 for this challenge, I'll try to do as well but don't tell my arms, they would disagree :D

@Milythael: come on, it's not that bad. Your recovery time will improve with training. You're doing great, just try to remember that!

@leadchimpmunk: you will do it faster than you think. You'll be surprised!

Did my max test today and got to 60 which is a personal best :D. Now I get a day's rest tomorrow and week 5 starts on Monday

EDIT: Just put in the numbers I have to do for week 5 and they're ridiculous, 7 sets and then a max set of at least 45/50 *gulp*

Yeah, next week looks pretty intimidating. Just did my max set and hit 62, now my upper body feels like it's on fire. Good luck everybody!

How could I have missed your message Centurion! 60! And 62 for Caution! I feel so small right now. You guys are amazing. Keep at it You'll hit the hundred push-ups for sure.

I just did my max set and did 27, the last seven were difficult, and the last 4 were really really slow. Still +7 compared to last week, not enough but I will work on it.

[edit]I just checked what my next sessions will be. This.is.madness.

Did my max test today and got to 60 which is a personal best :D. Now I get a day's rest tomorrow and week 5 starts on Monday

EDIT: Just put in the numbers I have to do for week 5 and they're ridiculous, 7 sets and then a max set of at least 45/50 *gulp*

Yeah, next week looks pretty intimidating. Just did my max set and hit 62, now my upper body feels like it's on fire. Good luck everybody!

Yeah, the later weeks are brutal. There's a reason I keep stalling around the week 5 numbers -- haven't made it through all of the sets as proscribed yet, and think my max pushups in one set was 40-something-- not sure I care about making it to 100, but getting over 50 would be cool. I haven't been doing enough pushups lately so I bet my max has dropped back to 30 something though.

I think I'm doing too much this challenge to try again, but maybe next time.

Okay I too am gonna try and follow along with the plan... Just did my initial test and got 21. I'm making sure to go down to fist-height as that was my failing a few years ago when I thought I'd made it to 100 pushups! They were half-reps at best!

Now all I have to do is figure out the spreadsheet...?

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

I have added you in the second table at the bottom of the spreadsheet. I have also written down your PR. Do you intend to follow your own training? Or the onehundredpushups website?

And really happy to have you there. IT will be fun!

Yesterday I tried to do a push up, still couldn't go down.

Today I did knee push ups: 2, 3, 2, 2, 7.

Will start officially tomorrow. I'll do knee push ups till I can get actual push ups working.

Will be doing this Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.

Spoiler

Archived