My stomach is still not quite back to normal. Get with the program, guts! I'm tired of being cold and running to avoid disaster pants.  But I should feel better tomorrow. Maybe I should stop saying that.  I may be jinxing myself!

I'm going to get back to exercising Monday and really work towards losing weight again. I'm going to keep it simple and no redundant systems. I'm going to use Habitica to track daily exercises with other daily tasks, and that's it. I'm not going to worry about fitbit, or keeping an exercise journal. I am so tired of everything being recorded and reported. and I feel like i'm using everything I have just to do the thing.  I just want to embrace being active because it feels good and rest when I need it.  Same with diet, I'm not counting calories, I'm just gonna eat three meals and make sure I've got fruits and veggies on my plate.  

Okay, that's enough wording today. Have a good weekend :)

• Like 5
9 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Hope you feel better soon!  It's the opposite of fun when our guts betray us.

Thank you! Honestly, I don't feel sick, but then my stomach will disagree.  If my mom didnt' have the same bug, I would think I was developing a food intolerance. I think we may be finally done though. 

Yesterday was a good day. I didnt' feel 100% yesterday, but I went for a 20 minute walk, and swept off the deck. I then sat on the deck in the sunshine for a a couple hours and just did nothing. It was such a wonderful counterpoint to feeling too busy. I'm going to be busy for a while now, so these quiet times are going to be very much appreciated. 

Now that winter is coming to an end, it feels time to pack away some knick knacks and extra pillows on the bed. I love being surrounded by cozy things in winter, but in summer I just want to make tidying as easy as possible so I can get outside and enjoy the weather. I hope everyone has a good week. 

• Like 5

I've been able to get out on the deck to relax too.  It feels so nice, doesn't it?   

I like your perspective on decluttering for summer and cozying it up for winter.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I've been able to get out on the deck to relax too.  It feels so nice, doesn't it?   

YES! I am really enjoying the warmth and sunshine. 

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I like your perspective on decluttering for summer and cozying it up for winter.  

Thanks! It took me a while to figure it out. I would donate a bunch of stuff thinking "I don't like stuff! I like minimalism!" and then winter would roll around, and I'd be buying all the stuff again. LOL Now I donate some of it, but I pack a lot of it up and really enjoy getting it back out when the grey skies come back. I think I may need to get tough with making some decisions about what I keep this year, the closet is getting full!

• Like 4

Well, we're taking charge of things over here and it's really good.  I'm tired, but Mom and I have been taking turns between Dad and the house and we're getting stuff done. Dad is done with doctors for a few months so we'll get a nice break after Mom and I are done with all our appointments. Dad is wearing me out a bit with his constant talking,  so I'm glad for a break. This thursday I'm getting a mammogram, and I'm like "Oh that's gonna be nice to sit in a quiet spot for while." 

I'm thinking about taking some time off. I don't know what that means yet, but I'm thinking on it.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This thursday I'm getting a mammogram, and I'm like "Oh that's gonna be nice to sit in a quiet spot for while." 

Isn't that painful? 😲

• Like 2

Active challenges: Summer bod - for real this time! | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIV

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This thursday I'm getting a mammogram, and I'm like "Oh that's gonna be nice to sit in a quiet spot for while." 

Get those girlies smashed and photographed!    Hope its..um.. relaxing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

53 minutes ago, Shello said:

Get those girlies smashed and photographed!    Hope its..um.. relaxing?

It’s not super comfortable but I really enjoy mammogram days. Back in the waiting room everyone just reads a book and they’re friendly if you’re new or look scared,  otherwise it’s just “hi!” And back to their books 

• Like 3

I got to my appt early and they took me back immediately! I was done with the whole thing before my appt officially started.  It wasn’t too bad, soreness is pretty low on the scale. 

Poor Dad got the stomach bug so I stopped at the store for bland food on the way home.   I didn’t get the quiet I wanted but it’s okay. I’m feeling better anyway. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I got to my appt early and they took me back immediately! I was done with the whole thing before my appt officially started.  It wasn’t too bad, soreness is pretty low on the scale. 

Poor Dad got the stomach bug so I stopped at the store for bland food on the way home.   I didn’t get the quiet I wanted but it’s okay. I’m feeling better anyway. 

Maybe you need to bring a book and just go back to the doctor's office and sit and have a quiet read.  I always like that my doctor's office has HGTV on and I can watch some home improvement show.  Although I hate when I miss the big reveal.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Shello said:

Maybe you need to bring a book and just go back to the doctor's office and sit and have a quiet read.  I always like that my doctor's office has HGTV on and I can watch some home improvement show.  Although I hate when I miss the big reveal.  

This ALWAYS happens at the dentist too!!  One time the hygienist and I watched the end together before she called the dentist back lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This ALWAYS happens at the dentist too!!  One time the hygienist and I watched the end together before she called the dentist back lol

My dentist office has TVs on the ceiling above the dentist chair and they give you the remote.  But then the hygienist gets all up in my face for some reason and blocks the TV!  😁

• Haha 1

I've been stressed out lately because I'm nervous about my check up with my doctor. My cholesterol was a little high last time, but I also ate meatloaf and a cheeseburger the days leading up to my bloodwork, so I kinda want to get that test done again in a few months. and my BP isn't awesome. But I HAVE lost weight since my last visit. My doctor is really nice, and she never makes me feel bad, this feeling of test anxiety before our visit is all on me.  

It doesn't help that I have not met my goals for this month at all. I have an action plan, and I have ignored it. I finally sat down this weekend to set up Habitica to remind me what is really important to me, and I figure I may have to go in and switch things up now and then so I don't get lazy, but this is good for now 

IMG_0482.thumb.PNG.b650324606f81f9a83ee82f13a7d8674.PNG

30 more cardio minutes to reach todays goal! I also need a green leafy and a whole grain, so dinner will definitely feature salad. :D 

I also realized today I'm stressed out about my nephew living with us while he goes to school and driving my car around.  I've been busy and distracted a lot in the last couple weeks, and adding one more person to the mix is just gonna be hard for me. So I'm working on making everything easier for me. It's all about small changes for example,  every night I throw my dirty clothes in a pile, and then pick them up  the next day and put them in the hamper. So I moved the hamper to where the pile happens, and it's already awesome.  I'm not using up so many spoons before I've had coffee.  I've also created a "housework" calendar so when i do something, i just add it to the calendar adn then set it to repeat as often as the thing needs doing. so weekly, monthly, every 3 months, annually. it's in the calendar. This is easier than me making a schedule then not sticking to it. LOL. 

• Like 4

Sounds like some smart changes.  

our bodies are dumb and just can't take a hint!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Right? Like, I ate salad. That should be a ten pound loss right there. And then I exercised for 50 minutes, that should be at least 20 pounds lol

It certainly seems to work like that in reverse.    I faceplant a pizza? - gain 10 pounds.  Have some ice cream - another 7.  It would be only fair.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shello said:

It certainly seems to work like that in reverse.    I faceplant a pizza? - gain 10 pounds.  Have some ice cream - another 7.  It would be only fair.

Right? I mean, pizza is like adding a brick to the scale. It's just ridiculous. I did eat ice cream yesterday too.. Oh geez LOL.

• Like 2

My hair is not working out. I called the Salon and spoke to the owner and scheduled another appointment with the woman who cuts my hair. It's just not laying evenly, and I said to him "I'm not sure what's happening but it's laying unevenly in the front and I'd like to come in and problem solve this with her."  because the right side looks very different from the left side. So they fit me in tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I hope they can fix it. I'm going to a wedding May 11, and I'd like to not have my hair in a ponytail for it. LOL Or buy a wig. 

• Like 1