Maerad Does the Time Warp Again

It's just a jump to left

the rocky horror picture show GIF

And then a step to the right

Music Video GIF

Hey guys!

I decided to challenge myself to be active at least twice a week. I don't know what qualifiers to give myself, but I know I successfully went to the gym last week, which was a big wing. And I just got back from a park walk near my new workplace. That's another big win!

Is going to the gym a jump and going on a walk a step? I don't know! But I think a fifteen minute walk is a great step toward my goals, and the gym often takes the effort of being a jump. Can I do one of each through every week of the challenge? Let's find out together!

Thanks for being here,

Maerad

• Like 4

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Woo, nice stripped back challenge - love it (and also any Tim Curry references)

Following :) 

• Like 1

Level 43 Rogue, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

Here for this!! ❤️ 

Tim Curry Dancing GIF by TIFF

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Tim Curry GIF by TIFF

😄 It's funny, I saw the stage play first at a local theatre, and I prefer it, but Tim Curry really does sell his part.

3 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

Woo, nice stripped back challenge - love it (and also any Tim Curry references)

Following :) 

Thanks! I see November coming up, so I think having something simple will be easier to maintain during NaNoWriMo.

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

Here for this!! ❤️ 

Tim Curry Dancing GIF by TIFF

🥰 Thank you!

Good afternoon!

I had toe cramps last night thanks to not stretching properly. But I seem to be doing okay. Nothing planned for today. I went to my car for quiet during my lunch break, but didn't go back to the park. I would be setting myself up for success if I pack a gym bag for tomorrow.

I've been a little angry about some things these last few days, but I think it's mostly that I'm stressing about my anxiety being persistent (which could be due to temperatures and lighting of my work place, or maybe my blue light glasses which unfortunately are magnifying).

I've got angry words to say about the company that's supposed to have picked up my car already (I have fair reason, but an exaggerated response level) and my coworker who is inconsistently helpful (which she doesn't have to be, but it'd settle my mind knowing whether to expect her help or not). Another contributing factor to the anxiety in top of the environmental issues could be just the stress of being in this new job and me not having my stride yet.

Fortunately, I know they're all still supporting me through this transition and onward into the other side. But my brain seems to not believe it with other factors stressing it out. The outdoor walk might help. The gym attendance might help. Closing my eyes and breathing doesn't feel effective, but it's a good plan. 😅

Gotta go back to work.

Thanks for stopping by. 🫠

Maerad 

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace