Forums are back in action! ×

That race sounds awesome mate, well done!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Great job on the race!  

Also, on an unrelated note, I am forced to think of you every night before I sleep, because the hotel has this picture hanging right above the bed :D 

U6vBjHi.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

43 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Great job on the race!  

Also, on an unrelated note, I am forced to think of you every night before I sleep, because the hotel has this picture hanging right above the bed :D 

U6vBjHi.jpg

That is beyond creepy. 

ETA - The picture, not the sentiment :P 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

which promptly tore off and felt like quarter sized paper cuts

aaaaaaaaaaghggggg

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

(time would have good enough for 10th in the open men).

this is awesome! so proud of you. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 7/28/2018 at 8:01 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

51 miles in 6 hours. 13th of 22. I’d be disappointed except that 10 or 12 days ago I could barely walk and my wife had to help me dress. 

Biggest win, I was having fun out there instead of biking because that’s what I do. That’s probably the meds helping.

That sounds like a lot of wins right there. Way to go!!!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On 7/29/2018 at 12:27 AM, Elastigirl said:

That's a big win. As is continuing when you had huge blisters. Well done on the race

Thanks. 

I’ll tell you what, trying to take a shower with open skin was harder than trying to bike. It’s toighened up now, so it’s all good. 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:22 AM, deftona said:

Not if say it. 

Lots of wins here, but that you enjoyed it so much is probably the most important. Yay for a great race! 

Thanks. 

In in that case, I’d be happy to get white chick wasted with you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSONwa-BYLwSUOliJC0dS-

On 7/29/2018 at 3:31 AM, Big_Show said:

That race sounds awesome mate, well done!

Thanks Big. 

On 7/29/2018 at 6:49 AM, EricMN said:

While 13/22 is great and Top 10 open men is also impressive, this is the best news of the whole thing.

Thanks. Its funny how us old old guys are faster than the young guys in these long ass races. 

On 7/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Great job on the race!  

U6vBjHi.jpg

Tell you what, just to make us even, I’ll think of you and your quads every night before I go to sleep. 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:16 PM, deftona said:

That is beyond creepy. 

ETA - The picture, not the sentiment :P 

It is, isn’t it. 

On 7/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done on the race. I'm glad you had fun. A fella could do worse than 13/22 after being so immobile a couple weeks before.

Thanks. My brain wants to say I could have done better. 

20 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

aaaaaaaaaaghggggg

this is awesome! so proud of you. 

:) 

7 hours ago, Bearlee said:

So happy for you about the race. Going from I don’t know if I’ll be able to do the race to not only completing it but finishing mid-pack is a big win. And having fun is great to see too. Lots of wins everywhere. Now grab a beer and take care of those blisters (eeegh).

Thanks. I’ve had a few since then. 

6 hours ago, Rooks said:

Well done Sloth. You are bad ass. 

Lol. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

That sounds like a lot of wins right there. Way to go!!!

Thanks. BTW Wisconsin is really cold.  I had to wear two sweatshirts at night. 

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Thanks for all the support folks.  I appreciate it. 

The other big win is how well I was flowing through the woods. I was able to keep up with the middle-age women who have raced forever and ride so smooth they are going through the trees like a snake slithering through whatever it is they slither through while chatting up a storm and going impossibly fast. I felt really good about that. There were a few other wins, but they fell out of my head. 

I was watching the 24 hr racers roll through around 10:00 when a woman rolled up, sat down, whipped up her shirt and started breast pumping. She has a two month old and was fit enough to race 24 hrs. I was beyond impressed with her badassery. [mention=20488]DJtrippyT[/mention] I should have caught her name so you could profile her. 

The race had free beer and pizza at 10:00. I figured I was going to be sick from the race food anyway, I might as well live it up. I had three beers and 5 pieces of pizza. First pizza in a couple of years. It was glorious. Even better than I remember. By 11:00 I was knackered and went to bed. I was glad I don’t race 24 hrs any more. 

Sunday was a big bunch of nothing. Lots of driving and hanging out with MIL. I should have gone on a recovery ride, but I snoozed instead. 

6d579b6a620fc3a104ed53e371fc617c.jpg

Pic while waiting for the running Hell to start (I’m speedy jersey with resting bitch face). I think my problem is the lack of massive quads.

I almost forgot the best heckle I got, “That jersey is misleading!”

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Pic while waiting for the running Hell to start (I’m speedy jersey with resting bitch face). I think my problem is the lack of massive quads.

You got lean, biker quads...and your jersey is zipped down half mass, showing off the chesticles. Well done sir. You look fierce! 

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

18 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

and your jersey is zipped down half mass, showing off the chesticles.

Oh, sure, but when *I* wear MY jersey like that, it's "inappropriate for a family event" and "incitement to riot"

not to mention tit sunburns, but we won't go there

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Oh yeah you totally look like you're about to challenge someone to a duel, that's perfect, INTIMIDATION TACTICS

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

On 7/30/2018 at 10:13 PM, Wolfpool said:

You got lean, biker quads...and your jersey is zipped down half mass, showing off the chesticles. Well done sir. You look fierce! 

Wolf

Lean isnt the same as skinny; you should know that. But thanks. 

On 7/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, DJtrippyT said:

Oh, sure, but when *I* wear MY jersey like that, it's "inappropriate for a family event" and "incitement to riot"

not to mention tit sunburns, but we won't go there

If your chest is getting sunburnt on a bike ride you’re doing something wrong. 

On 8/1/2018 at 12:13 AM, deftona said:

Still, it beats those ridiculous tan lines doesn't it?

I lost all my carefully cultivated tan lines while I floated drank my way down the tubing river. I can’t begin to tell you how upset I was. 

On 8/1/2018 at 5:39 AM, AloeThere said:

That s a lot of miles. Congrats on a great race!

Thank you. 

Your name reminds me of this Britcom

latest?cb=20141213161226

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh yeah you totally look like you're about to challenge someone to a duel, that's perfect, INTIMIDATION TACTICS

Hah. I always have biking bitch face.  I don’t think I’ve ever intimidated anyone though. 

• Like 3

We are getting central air installed today and the tradesmen have been walking through the kitchen all day. Obviously that meant I couldn’t make myself breakfast or lunch. I just had a couple of RX bars and bananas. 

Mrs. Sloth inherited some money from her aunt about the same time we had a long string of heat index days and she decided we needed to be comfortable. I was a bit dismayed because I thought we didn’t have air conditioning because we are tree huggers who like to breathe fresh air, not because I always blow my summer money on bike parts we’re poor. 

Yesterday I had my first real ride since the race.  Recovery took longer than I expected. But the ride was great. I felt smooth and fast and most importantly I felt like I looked good on the bike. Luckily I didn’t bike by any large mirrors to dispel me of that notion. My positive aura must have been obvious, other bikers were giving me the wave or the head nod which normally doesn’t happen (see biking bitch face above).

I got 25 miles in.  I didn’t want to go too far in case my knees were dodgy. I’ve started to attack the hills instead of just get up them.  This is a vain attempt to grow some quads. 

Today I stayed home in case the workers needed anything (they didn’t) so I didn’t ride. After Slothboy’s baseball game I’ll get some yoga done. 

ETA: I already mentioned that tweaking my brain chemistry has allowed me to enjoy biking again.  Which means I’m getting obsessed again.  I ordered a bunch of (used) books written by former pros. Apparently I’m only going to read about bike racing from now on. 

I read that apserger guys get into bike racing because you’re by yourself,  but surrounded by other people, it’s okay, even expected, to obsess about parts and/or pro riders, and there are understandable rules to follow which dictate a lot of the social interaction. I don’t think I’m on the spectrum, but I have some of the same quirks. 

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If your chest is getting sunburnt on a bike ride you’re doing something wrong.

Except if he has one of those low down bikes you sort of lie in, and not a normal bike... (recumbent bike is the word). This is probably the only bike I won't fall off.

image.png.8845e6e4aac5644d016e2c52ee211bef.png

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I already mentioned that tweaking my brain chemistry has allowed me to enjoy biking again.

Glad for you!

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We are getting central air installed today and the tradesmen have been walking through the kitchen all day. Obviously that meant I couldn’t make myself breakfast or lunch. I just had a couple of RX bars and bananas. 

Mrs. Sloth inherited some money from her aunt about the same time we had a long string of heat index days and she decided we needed to be comfortable. I was a bit dismayed because I thought we didn’t have air conditioning because we are tree huggers who like to breathe fresh air, not because I always blow my summer money on bike parts we’re poor. 

Yesterday I had my first real ride since the race.  Recovery took longer than I expected. But the ride was great. I felt smooth and fast and most importantly I felt like I looked good on the bike. Luckily I didn’t bike by any large mirrors to dispel me of that notion. My positive aura must have been obvious, other bikers were giving me the wave or the head nod which normally doesn’t happen (see biking bitch face above).

I got 25 miles in.  I didn’t want to go too far in case my knees were dodgy. I’ve started to attack the hills instead of just get up them.  This is a vain attempt to grow some quads. 

Today I stayed home in case the workers needed anything (they didn’t) so I didn’t ride. After Slothboy’s baseball game I’ll get some yoga done. 

ETA: I already mentioned that tweaking my brain chemistry has allowed me to enjoy biking again.  Which means I’m getting obsessed again.  I ordered a bunch of (used) books written by former pros. Apparently I’m only going to read about bike racing from now on. 

I read that apserger guys get into bike racing because you’re by yourself,  but surrounded by other people, it’s okay, even expected, to obsess about parts and/or pro riders, and there are understandable rules to follow which dictate a lot of the social interaction. I don’t think I’m on the spectrum, but I have some of the same quirks. 

this is awesome! 

I like the mental explaination of the bike racing, it sounds so much better than "I have a lycra fetish and enjoy chafing"

which is what it says on my tinder profile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We ow have a bedroom AC. Hormones and heat doesn't mix very well, and it becomes very easy to forget ay ideas one had about how much better fresh air is.:glee:

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 7/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ll tell you what, trying to take a shower with open skin was harder than trying to bike. It’s toighened up now, so it’s all good.

Yup, that's a terrible feeling!

On 8/2/2018 at 6:22 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I lost all my carefully cultivated tan lines while I floated drank my way down the tubing river.

Wait...what? All of them? I know how you feel about pants, but ...

---------

So I'm impressed with your race, but now I really want to hear about if you have another race planned that's more suited to your bike? I want you to have another chance to suffer go out and kick ass.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016