Forums are back in action! ×

MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Look, I'm American and even I think it's weird. 

joey tribbiani whatever GIF

It's not like I haven't tried tea, I have a few times, and every time it makes me want to puke. My dad and brother don't like it either but my mum is a 'proper' British tea drinker and practically lives off the stuff. I guess the paternal genes won that fight.

• Like 4

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 11/05/2018 at 11:18 PM, Mr_Willes said:

The crew is fantastic!!!

Especially Burpee!

I wonder how long it will take for her to notice you did this ;) 

• Haha 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Image result for yes man gif

Miss you bro! Glad you had such a fantastic time with the other UK Nerds last weekend!! Thanks for grabbing butts for me ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Huh, it sounds a lot higher when you say it in meters...

That's what I said. In my brain 7 meters seems so much more intimidating than 23 feet. 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, Mr_Willes said:

we0Hluo.jpg

Oy nearly everything on that list gives my sends chills through my delicate fear-of-heights-heart.

It sounds amazing though!!! Great job, congrats :)

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm never living the dislike of tea down am I? :D

Look, I'm American and even I think it's weird. 

Same.  Like... there are SO MANY TEAS how can you not like any of them?!

• Like 1
On 15-5-2018 at 3:09 PM, Wolfpool said:

Image result for yes man gif

Miss you bro! Glad you had such a fantastic time with the other UK Nerds last weekend!! Thanks for grabbing butts for me ;) 

Wolf

Yeah i miss being active here too. But it's just the madness in social-life-land. Though i have the feeling i have conquered the top of mount Funk. And it's easy downhill from now on. Every week will become easier. RRDW pretty much was the top of Mnt. Funk.

Tomorrow i'm leaving for Germany to guide a vacation there (only 4 days, long weekend). After that there will only be one priority left, prepping for the family BBQ which is second week of june. Which will be the last thing this crazy-Q2-2018. After that, schedule will return to normal. Which also means i want to fully pick up here again, same goes for getting back to a routine.

On 15-5-2018 at 4:29 PM, jonfirestar said:

That's what I said. In my brain 7 meters seems so much more intimidating than 23 feet. 

23 feet basically just leaves me like:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor say wut gif

20 hours ago, Raxie said:

Oy nearly everything on that list gives my sends chills through my delicate fear-of-heights-heart.

It sounds amazing though!!! Great job, congrats :)

Thanx Rax, i really had a blast doing it, and must admit, i also feel better now that it's over. At the moment i'm slipping from one funk into the other. Last week was PRE-20miler-funk. And now i have the POST-20miler-recuperation-PRE-bikeguiding-funk. But that also will be done by middag monday. Which will be a lovely day probablt and a good as any day to plan a run and a nice BBQ.

20 hours ago, Raxie said:

Same.  Like... there are SO MANY TEAS how can you not like any of them?!

Yeah, on the other hand, i only drink a handful. Only regular English-blend, or most basic fruit flavored tea.

I don't do any of those "floaty" tea's. That's the term i always use, and my wife seemed to have taken over that statement too. When i ask her what kind of tea she wants, she now replies, with "make it one of those "floaty" teas. Floaty teas are those rooibos green tea, and all kinds of fusions of those...

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

13 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

i really had a blast doing it, and must admit, i also feel better now that it's over. At the moment i'm slipping from one funk into the other

I really don't know how I feel about it. It was that great big blocker in the middle of the year that had to be overcome in order for me to focus on the goals later on and because it was there I had to work around it. On the other hand, the hype we had leading up and the sheer fun of the thing itself is now all over and I'm feeling a little sad about that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

On 5/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mr_Willes said:

I don't think there is single object, for me,  i'm more proud of than this medal, and all it represents!!!

Congratulations! From the sounds of it that was one epic race! Woot! Woot!

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

Floaty teas are those rooibos green tea, and all kinds of fusions of those...

:D Nah, I doubt I'll ever call rooibos floaty, not the way I make it. The spoon nearly stands by itself so strong is the brew ;) But I have to admit, I like my plain tea with a bit of milk/cream. The only other tea that really grabs my heart is Chai tea.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Yeah i miss being active here too. But it's just the madness in social-life-land. Though i have the feeling i have conquered the top of mount Funk. And it's easy downhill from now on. Every week will become easier. RRDW pretty much was the top of Mnt. Funk.

Tomorrow i'm leaving for Germany to guide a vacation there (only 4 days, long weekend). After that there will only be one priority left, prepping for the family BBQ which is second week of june. Which will be the last thing this crazy-Q2-2018. After that, schedule will return to normal. Which also means i want to fully pick up here again, same goes for getting back to a routine.

I'm glad you're on the downhill now :) 

Image result for funny downhill gif

Make sure and be safe this weekend on the 4-day tour and I look forward to BBQ pics in June! 

Image result for deadpool bbq

Wolf

• Thanks 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 14/05/2018 at 1:18 PM, Mr_Willes said:

I don't think there is single object, for me,  i'm more proud of than this medal, and all it represents!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I kinda want to wear it everywhere I go now, but rhat might be slightly obnoxious :apathy:

• Haha 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Wow, social life has been nuts. It's really screwing with my schedules. But on a better note, tourguiding weekend was fantastic, not a single incident, so it completely was a vacation instead of work. I made some good fun mileage and met some very nice people (also a couple of whiners, but it's usually like that, and they can be pretty much ignored).

This week will be about getting back to schedule. Though my wife informed my she wants to start painting this weekend, and i have to make sure the kids don't bother her. Next to that i'm starting to refresh the garden (stuff like taking out our compost heap / treating the tiles with anti-green stuff / trimming the hedge / etc). Next to that i want to clean out the garage. And clean out around the house, leading up to taking everything to the recycle center.

Yesterday MIL called us very early to tell us she was sick. So i stayed home from work and that made me skip CF in the evening. Though we had a very good family dinner at night which we all enjoyed.

Wife has the evening shift today, so i have to get home in time to pick up my son from a birthdayparty and take him to speech lessons. After that it's time to make dinner and that will pretty much end the evening. I thought about lifting but...

Come to think of it, the sooner the garage is cleaned the sooner i will return to lifting. It's just a big mess now and i don't feel like lifting there.

• Like 4

This post might seem a bit odd here, that's because i cut and pasted it while i wrote (but never posted) this on CQ's thread:

Just now, Charlie_Quinn said:

Being an introvert is tough when a lot of social stuff comes up at once.

Exactly, which brings me to:

Just now, Charlie_Quinn said:

take a breather and feel back to your usual inappropriate self soon :D

This is something that has been in the back of my head a little bit before, during, and after RRDW. So bare with me for a moment (and it's important everyone knows this, so @Charlie_Quinn @jonfirestar, @Jarric, @Rhovaniel, @iatetheyeti are being tagged!)

General feeling: I feel like i couldn't live up to the "Chief of General Menace"-title i have been granted here.

"Before" got me a bit worried i couldn't live up to it cause, well, it's easy coming up with something funny when i feel relaxed behind my computerscreen, and it gives me all the time to cook up something funny/nasty...

"During" Now first of all i want to say i don't blame any of you guys, but i did have a bit of a hard time keeping up with you guys: actually hearing what you say, comprehending what you mean, and occasionally find the "right" words to reply in an orderly manner, left me with very little room for being the "NF-village-idiot". Which is something i really enjoy doing, and thus felt a bit off not being able to do that to the fullest extend! It really took me some effort to "communicate". Like i said, you guys are not to blame, but at least now you know why i was in listening-mode most of the time. I really had to try my best to keep up with everything you said. Friday was a lot better than Saturday, the busy beertent wasn't helping at all with actually hearing what you were talking about. That probably was part of the reason why i left that early on.

"After" Not addressing this "thing" and let a couple of days (weeks) get over it, made it feel like you could think this wasn't important to me (cause otherwise i should have made this clear right after). So i feel a bit odd, coming up with this now...

All said and done, i had a great weekend! You guys are fantastic i really had the best time of my life. Before, during and after the race. You guys were all fantastic to hang out with and talk to! And i'm really sad that it's probably gonna take me quite some time to see you guys again! Just the way you made me feel at home (even with the language barrier) is indescribable! Meeting 5 people for the first time, and just feeling so connected is beyond anything i have felt before! Thank you so much for that!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thanx guys gif

This all leaves me to one solution. We just have to get together again soon. Preferably in a much calmer environment. I was thinking about a nice hike through a forest followed by a BBQ and ending in a pub to have a decent amount time for some indecent conversations! And joking hazard ;)

And we can all arrange that at my place!

PS. Did someone tear up? Cause i always wanted to tear someone up... to be honest... i always dreamed about "tearing up" @Wolfpool but in a whole other way...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool twerk gif

Cause i can't be all emotional, without being socially awkward in the same post :P )  

• Like 10

OK, lets break this down.

20 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

General feeling: I feel like i couldn't live up to the "Chief of General Menace"-title i have been granted here.

Don't stress about this. We all have an online 'alter-ego'. I don't think any of us are the same in real life as we present ourselves online. Online give us all the chance to think about what we're saying, how we say it and to go back and self edit if we need to. If only real life were like this, we'd all be super confident people! None of us expected you to come bursting off of that bus with a ton of energy, ready to cause mischief. The first time meeting people is scary and awkward and we all felt the same.

24 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

"During" Now first of all i want to say i don't blame any of you guys, but i did have a bit of a hard time keeping up with you guys: actually hearing what you say, comprehending what you mean, and occasionally find the "right" words to reply in an orderly manner, left me with very little room for being the "NF-village-idiot". Which is something i really enjoy doing, and thus felt a bit off not being able to do that to the fullest extend! It really took me some effort to "communicate". Like i said, you guys are not to blame, but at least now you know why i was in listening-mode most of the time. I really had to try my best to keep up with everything you said. Friday was a lot better than Saturday, the busy beertent wasn't helping at all with actually hearing what you were talking about. That probably was part of the reason why i left that early on.

I think we may have taken the language barrier for granted a little bit, perhaps because we are used to speaking to you online. I'm sorry that you found it a struggle to keep up. When i'm nervous I tend to speak at 100 miles a hour about everything and anything! Next time we meet, I'll hopefully be less anxious and will be able to slow my speech down a little. It was really difficult to hold a long conversation with everything else going on. I struggled to hear a lot of what people were talking about on Saturday night. If the weather had been better we could have taken the conversation outside or to the campsite and I think we all would have managed a little better.

28 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

"After" Not addressing this "thing" and let a couple of days (weeks) get over it, made it feel like you could think this wasn't important to me (cause otherwise i should have made this clear right after). So i feel a bit odd, coming up with this now...

Don't feel odd about it. This is important to you and we're never going to think negatively of you for expressing your feelings! To be honest, afterwards, I felt a little sad that I didn't get a chance to have a proper conversation with you and didn't get a chance to know you better. There was such a small window where we were all together as a group and I regret not making more of an effort. But this won't be the only time we meet and next time we can make sure we don't have loud Euro-pop playing in the background to distract us! :D

32 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

This all leaves me to one solution. We just have to get together again soon. Preferably in a much calmer environment. I was thinking about a nice hike through a forest followed by a BBQ and ending in a pub to have a decent amount time for some indecent conversations! And joking hazard ;)

Well, this definitely has to happen now! I've always wanted to go hiking in Europe so combining that with a nerd meet up and a world famous Mr Willes BBQ would be perfect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I don't know that I can put it any better than CQ but here goes:

55 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

"Before" got me a bit worried i couldn't live up to it cause, well, it's easy coming up with something funny when i feel relaxed behind my computerscreen, and it gives me all the time to cook up something funny/nasty...

I think we all got a little bit worried about this. I certainly was. However I might come across online in person I feel awkward and clumsy around people. I'm rather too quiet and reserved. It's very hard going from the world where we know each other from a computer screen and writing to actually seeing and talking to the person. Although we'd not met each-other for 5 seconds before you grabbed my ass! That got me smiling :D but nobody expected you to go overboard. I know you've said previously that you felt like the Belgians who crashed our party took the pressure off of you to be the silly one but I really don't want you to think that there was an expectation or pressure. I for one have to be very, very comfortable around someone before I start to open up and actually show my, frankly stupid, sense of humour. 

58 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

"During" Now first of all i want to say i don't blame any of you guys, but i did have a bit of a hard time keeping up with you guys: actually hearing what you say, comprehending what you mean, and occasionally find the "right" words to reply in an orderly manner, left me with very little room for being the "NF-village-idiot".

Yeah, I feel bad. I did try to keep that in mind when talking to you. When you add alcohol to the exhaustion and excitement of those days it doesn't help at all. Like CQ said we are so used to chatting with you. On here and over messenger towards the event itself and everything kind of clicked in. It's too easy to forget that a text based medium gives you time to slow it down to the pace you are comfortable with. For my own part Willes, don't ever be worried to ask me to slow down or repeat something. I don't know enough of another language to actually hold a conversation and I have enough friends who don't have English as a first language. I get that it's a thing I just forget sometimes.

We definitely need to practice doing this more often so that we can get everything just right! Just sayin! 

You do understand that you are addressing a forum full of nerdy over thinkers don't you? We get it. 

All said and done, i had a great weekend! You guys are fantastic i really had the best time of my life. Before, during and after the race. You guys were all fantastic to hang out with and talk to! And i'm really sad that it's probably gonna take me quite some time to see you guys again! Just the way you made me feel at home (even with the language barrier) is indescribable! Meeting 5 people for the first time, and just feeling so connected is beyond anything i have felt before! Thank you so much for that!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thanx guys gif

All of this! I can't actually find the English to put all this into words! 

That absolutely needs to happen! 

PS. Did someone tear up? Cause i always wanted to tear someone up..

Im-not-crying-youre-crying-GIF.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler