Forums are back in action! ×

How to raise your Con?

Because I don't  like rolling with low stats anywhere, I need some suggestions on what kind of goals are good for raising con?    I seem to do well with the Str, Dex, Sta stats - and I've plenty of ideas for the Wis, but Cha and Con baffle me.

What have some of you fellow rebels used to raise your con?

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease

I would think either taking a multi-vitamin or aiming to get in all of your micros through food would help with the disease. And doing preventative work (like working on mobility so you don't tear something or cross training so you don't blow out a knee running, etc.) would help resist damage.

Lvl. 3 Gnome

STR - 4.25/DEX - 2.5/STA - 6.25/CON - 5.5/WIS - 9/CHA - 7.25

Tumblr

Current Challenge / Challenge 2 / Challenge 1

"She believed in dreams, alright, but she also believed in doing something about them...

When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him."

- Walt Disney

Usually points for making your diet more healthy go into Con. You could also perhaps put some points there for kind of "functional toughness" things. Improving your time to run 10 miles on a track could be pure Stamina, while training for a Tough Mudder you could maybe split between stamina and constitution.

Affekonig, level 6 Númenórean Druid STR 10|DEX 12|STA 10.5|CON 8|WIS 7|CHA 6.5

I've also seen people level their Con by improving their sleep schedule, cutting down on "vices" like drinking, and quitting smoking.

Taking care of yourself in ways that prevent sickness/injury, like adequate recovery time, dressing right for the weather, preventative care (regular check-ups?  sunscreen?  flossing?) all contribute to Con, but unless you're missing out on something, that doesn't really lend itself to leveling up.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Cleanign up what you eat. Getting enough sleep all makes you more hardy. I imagine getting stronger builds CON as well, since a stronger body can withstand more than a frail one.

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Are we talking ramping up points for leveling up or are you actually talking about strengthening your immune system? (mind you, the 'common cold' is technically not a sickness)

Because for the latter unless you have any deficiencies, intolerances or allergies changing your diet probably won't do anything about that.

In either case you could go for getting some fresh air, in terms of ramping up points you could go for points per time spent outside. Then you could do hikes, go camping, stuff like that. Otherwise what everybody else has said.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Yeah, I want to have more than a 2 con lol.   I'm looking at my character sheet going, "What?!  How'd I end up with Con as my dump stat?"   I don't feel like it deserves to be a 2, but since I am not doing anything to up the con, it just sits there.

I think I came up with one HECK of an idea though.   And if I manage it, I think it'd be worth a full 5 just for that because it would be breaking a HUGE addiction.

I've been eating SO much cleaner these days... with one exception.  McDonalds breakfast burritos are my weakness.  I eat them at least 3-4x a week, and on days with lots of activity, I allow myself 2!   I've lost weight despite this because well, the formula is numbers... so the calories from them work in the formula like anything else. But they are god awful terrible calories and I know that.

So, if I can go 6 weeks with ZERO burritos, I think that'd definitely be worth a +5 con.   I mean, looking at what sat. fats can do to you (see below), definitely seems like working to get the main source of them out of my diet would follow the idea of 'making my body stronger/more resilient to disease & illness, etc...

Harmful Effects

Saturated fatty acids are a major risk factor for heart attacks and strokes. Diets high in saturated fatty acids increase the production of acetate fragments in the body which, in turn, leads to an increase in the production of cholesterol. When consumed, saturated fats tend to clump together and form deposits in the body, along with protein and cholesterol. They get lodged in blood cells and organs, leading to many health problems, including obesity, heart diseases, and cancers of the breast and colon. The build-up in the arteries can cause a narrowing of the arteries, called atherosclerosis, which consequently can lead to major heart problems.

Obesity

The saturated fat that is consumed are put into storage cells called adipose cells. These storage cells can hold up to 1,000 times its own size, therefore it is used to store up a large amount of fats. Saturated fats, which are flat, build up easily in these cells causing obesity. A host of other health problems typically accompanies obesity in those consuming a diet rich in saturated fatty acids.

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

CON is my dump stat, too, so I popped in for ideas on how to raise it.

And McDonalds breakfasts are my demon.  I'm a sausage n' egg McMuffin type myself.  Two of them, three days a week.  I just love them.

I think I know how I need raise my CON.

Level Four Mandalorian Assassin

| STR: 8 | DEX: 7.5 | STA: 12 | CON: 8 | WIS: 7.25 | CHA: 6.75 |

| First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge |

You can't look dignified when you're having fun

Why not just make your own breakfast burritos? The added knowledge of how to make a healthy breakfast for yourself that you love would up your WIS too. ^_^

Here's one suggestion: http://cookthis.menshealth.com/recipes/cook-breakfast-burritos

Or just skip the tortilla and make your own breakfast scramble. I usually just use some frozen veggie mix and toss with two eggs. Seasoning is just a matter of preference, but you probably won't go wrong with onion powder (unless you abhor onions). Of course, if I had tortillas then the scramble becomes burrito filling again.... :P

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

CON is my dump stat, too, so I popped in for ideas on how to raise it.

And McDonalds breakfasts are my demon.  I'm a sausage n' egg McMuffin type myself.  Two of them, three days a week.  I just love them.

I think I know how I need raise my CON.

Haha, yes.  We're in the same peapod then my friend.   Sounds like we got a good idea for a goal/challenge to check in with each other on next go around!

Why not just make your own breakfast burritos? The added knowledge of how to make a healthy breakfast for yourself that you love would up your WIS too. ^_^

Here's one suggestion: http://cookthis.menshealth.com/recipes/cook-breakfast-burritos

Or just skip the tortilla and make your own breakfast scramble. I usually just use some frozen veggie mix and toss with two eggs. Seasoning is just a matter of preference, but you probably won't go wrong with onion powder (unless you abhor onions). Of course, if I had tortillas then the scramble becomes burrito filling again.... :tongue:

Yeah, I really need to work on this.  I've said it about a million times.   Is this something I could make on a sunday, freeze portions, and then just take an nuke during the week when I get to the office?    If so.  (And if it doesn't make them taste wonky)  Then this may be the next greatest thing since sliced bread.

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

You could make a bunch of breakfast burritos and freeze them, yes. However, you can also skip the freezing bit and just keep them in the fridge: they'll stay good for up to a week, and you won't have to worry about defrosting them (or that weird defrosted taste). Just store them in regular ol' tupperware with a lid, and you're good to go! A word of advice though, don't put them in the fridge immediately when you make a batch; let them cool down to room temperature first, so that you don't get condensation in the tupperware. Soggy breakfast burritos = no bueno. :P

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!