Forums are back in action! ×

Skin Game

Its Dresden so heck yeah ... after the end of Cold Days, I feel bad for Harry

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

The wait is killing me. I've re-read the series like three times since Cold Days came out. I'm trying to read other stuff during the interim...but its just not the same.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

STR:8 DEX:4 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHR:2

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

Gaaahhhh.... my roommate and I can't wait for SG to come out. And I got a friend into the series (she was looking for something else to read), and now every time I see her she asks when SG will come out.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Anything by Corriea, Ringo, Krattman, and Williamson always has me on the edge of my seats waiting always downloading the E ARCs because i am so impatient.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I have been re-reading as many as I can get my hands on.  Unfortunately, my local library does not have a few of the earlier books.  Priorities, people!

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Oh man.

I just preordered this last week. SO RIDICULOUSLY IMPATIENT. I NEED TO KNOW MORE.

Also, based on the title, anyone wanna hazard a guess about Shagnasty showing back up?

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma-which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

That's my assumption.  The last book could have had anything in the minimum security cells of Demonreach, Butcher chose Skin Walkers.  Harry now knows what Demonreach IS, he now knows why Shagnasty was there and presumably wanted to break in.  

Either it'll try to break it's brothers out again, or Harry will face it and end up dropping it in an empty cell.  It has to happen sooner or later.  

I'm curious what Harry's power level will be as a Winter Knight with proper wizarding gear.  He spent the last book without any gear and was still holding his own punching outside his weight class.

EDIT: I wonder if Jim has the time to blame the Polar Vortex stuff on Mab before the final edit/printing.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

I'm not sure that there will actually be a skinwalker in this one. Its going to be like an "Ocean's Eleven" type plot. Mab is sending Harry to rob Hades' labyrinth. He will be forced to work with Nicky. Also, Michael is coming off the bench in this one.

I'm curious to see if we get Lash back in this one. General speculation is that the "parasite" is lash. Not sure if Harry is going to make her a sanctuary like Bob's skull...of if she will get to inhabit the comatose girl Marcone is hiding.

So much stuff!

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Adventurer

STR:8 DEX:4 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHR:2

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

I've been looking forward to this one since, you know, about five minutes after the last one. There aren't a lot of authors or series that I'll just buy without looking to see what the book's about, but Butcher/Dresden is one of the few.

I'm pre-ordered on the Kindle. Surely these next few months will go quickly.

Surely.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

I've been looking forward to this one since, you know, about five minutes after the last one. There aren't a lot of authors or series that I'll just buy without looking to see what the book's about, but Butcher/Dresden is one of the few.

I'm pre-ordered on the Kindle. Surely these next few months will go quickly.

Surely.

Yup, same here. 

I really should go back and re-read the entire series. Also, has anyone else read his Codex Alera series too?

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I'm working my way through it.  I'm amused that it started as bet that Jim couldn't tell a good story based on a bad premise, so he asked for two bad premises.  His two bad premises?  Pokemon and Lost Roman Legion.   Challenge accepted.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Ok, now I HAVE to start reading them.

Please do.  But pro-tip: just like the Dresden Files books, a lot of people think the first few books aren't as good, but the writing in the series gets better later on.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

It's true. From relatively humble beginnings come moments of absolute breathtaking awesome.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Please do.  But pro-tip: just like the Dresden Files books, a lot of people think the first few books aren't as good, but the writing in the series gets better later on.

See, I think I like Academ's Fury the best out of all of those novels.  Awesome, epic things happen in the rest of the series, but something about Academ's struck a chord with me.  Maybe because the first time I read it I was in Grad school.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School