Highland Champion!

Book

Congrats! (What is the point of the caber toss? Is it a combination of carrying and tossing??)

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

OK, everybody sing!

Heuch! Glenwhorple Hielan'men!

Great strong whusky-suppin' Hielan'men,

Hard-workin', hairy-leggit Hielan'men,

Slainte mhor Glenwhorple.

Heh... I'd never heard that one.

WAY TO GO! Congrats, Book! That is seriously awesome!

Thanks, Laura :)

The weight for height always impresses me! Tidy caber too! And a sword? A SWORD? Best day ever.

I know! When I did Highland Games semi-seriously a decade ago, I never won a sword, and it was always a bit of a sore point. So now I can re-retire in peace? Nah... I'm thinking I'll do 2-3 games a year just for fun, maybe only train at a couple of the events, and let the rest do what they will.

Congrats! (What is the point of the caber toss? Is it a combination of carrying and tossing??)

You mean how is it scored? It's actually an accuracy thing. You're trying to flip it over straight. So, if after it turns, it points directly away from you, then you get a 12:00. Off by 45 degrees to the right = 1:30. If the athlete doesn't flip it over, then it's the number of degrees from horizontal.

And thanks!

Great job. I really need to get to more of these events!

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I've always wanted to do this. But this video seals it. I'm going to have to compete next time.

Also, what was the little jog back you did at the end? Forget something?

Goals

1. Long Term: 12% body fat by Dec 31st, 2013
  2. Mid Term: 22% body fat by Feb 6, 2013 (23rd birthday) - Current: 26%
  3. Short Term diet: 64oz of water a day for the first week of January.
  4. Short Term exercise: Increase reps on The Big Four.

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior STR: 4 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "A banana before, and a protein shake after are two of the three finest things in life."

That is so awesome, Book! Congratulations!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/

Wow... thanks everyone!

Congrats! Fantastic show, and awesome trophy-sword.

Heh... I feel silly being all geeked-out about a sword, but there it is, I am.

You made that look easy! Way to go!

Yeah, at least with the Track and Field Hammer, I'm known for looking like I'm not really moving that quick, and then it goes further than people expect.

Great job. I really need to get to more of these events!

You know... obviously one of the reasons why it's so much fun, and why a lot of people do it is because people actually come out and watch the competitions. However, a huge reason for this is because they are usually part of a larger festival, and we're just one of the attractions. A couple of the events are kinda fun to watch, but overall? The early events are so deadly boring, and even the fun events are often not done with the spectators really in mind. Now if I were in charge.... :)

I've always wanted to do this. But this video seals it. I'm going to have to compete next time.

Also, what was the little jog back you did at the end? Forget something?

It *is* a lot of fun to compete in these things. And especially at the grassroots level, it's a wonderful, friendly, very helpful group of people. Give it a shot!

And yes... after we throw, we're supposed to help get the caber ready for the next guy. Somebody had to shout at me to remind me.

That is so awesome, Book! Congratulations!

Thanks, Harness!

WOOOOOWEEEEEE!!! Congratulations! Like a BOSS!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Aw... you guys are too awesome.

Super major contgrats!!!! And that sword is AWESOME! I might need to start working on my Highland game skills if they're giving swords away-much better than some silly trophy! :D

It is crazy how gratifying it is to win a freaking *sword*. And then, they also gave out the coolest little... I'm not sure what to call them... (plaques, carvings, trophies) for each individual event.

7979748978_88233c1a9e.jpg

Congrats on the win.

Killer caber toss. Makes we want to bust my kilt out and eat a scotch egg.

Been ages since I have attended the Scottish games, they are a blast.

Winning a sword is awesome.

Thank you! (Awesome spoonerism, by the way)

Unfortunately I was too busy that day to sample any of the food, and at the Ren Fest, it wasn't very Scottish oriented, anyway. I'm going to a real Scottish fair this weekend, and I intend to eat heartily.

Way to go, Book!

Thank you Blueberries :)

WOOOOOWEEEEEE!!! Congratulations! Like a BOSS!

Heh... Bosses ain't got nutin' on me.

That is so great! and, I'm drooling over the sword :P

That photo of you is epic.

Thank you!

And wow did it feel nice to be wearing my kilt in an 'official' capacity again. It's almost worth it to continue in the games for just that reason.

Except, now it may be time to get my 'real' kilt.

That's awesome man! Congrats on the win! I competed there the 3 previous years and had to miss this one due to injury problems during the year. I'd love to come back and compete with you there next year!

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

Congratulations! You made all that look effortless! I'm headed to the NH Highland Games this weekend so this thread caught my eye. I'm not competing this year but that's the eventual goal. I've got the same Black Watch tartan and sporran. Now if I could perfect the 12:00 landing I'd be in business...

GRUNK SMASH

Level 1 Half-Giant (Soft, bulky, hearty)

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 5 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single lumbering step.

Panis penguinum fecit te - Ryan

6 Week Challenge