Forums are back in action! ×

FREE 5-Day Walking Challenge!

Quick notes from Spezzy about this challenge - 

*If you take part in our 5 week challenges, this challenge will be a ZERO WEEK MINI CHALLENGE for the September 11th to October 15th Challenge. It will run September 6th-10th and is a great way to kickstart your challenge and to start your challenge on a win. If you already walk every day, there will still be content and challenges applicable to you.

Please still SIGN UP HERE. If you don't sign up officially, you won't get all of the information and won't be eligible for the prizes. Because yes: 

And there will be PRIZES. :)

You do not have to have your challenge thread up before this challenge starts - we'll have a mini challenge thread open on September 5th when the new challenge forums go live (I will link to this from there).   The challenge will additionally have a Facebook community that you can use or not - completely up to you.

If you are new to challenges, or Nerd Fitness - this challenge is a great way to get started. 

Also - signing up for this is a vote for us running more things like this again in the future, (and for including the forums more on these NerdFitness wide challenges :) ) so if you love the look of it but just can't swing it this time? Please sign-up anyway - the content will still be there and ready for you when you are ready for it!  :) 

Hallo, Hallo!

On September 6th, Nerd Fitness hosting Let’s Start Together: A 5-Day Walking Challenge for Hobbits Nerds.

Coach Jim will be leading the Rebellion on daily walking missions, to show Rebels EXACTLY how to start getting in shape. Yep, we’ll be using walking as a tool to help those that have struggled to gain momentum with their workouts (and nutrition). 

I'll (Spezzy) will be running a livestream one of the days as well - would love it if you were there with me!

It’ll be like we’re all starting our fitness journey together!

The best of all: on the fifth and final day of the challenge, we’re all going on a hike!

…just like the Fellowship taking off from Rivendell.

Rivendell

Now, you may be wondering:

Why a Walking Challenge?

#1) Walking is Great for Our Health!

If we walk roughly 10,000 steps per day, we drop our risk of all-cause mortality by HALF. What’s fascinating, is this is regardless of age group. So literally everyone can benefit from a daily walk.

Plus, I can go on and on about the improvements in mood from walking (I personally stay sane because of daily walks).

#2) To Kickstart our Fitness Journeys!

When someone decides to get in shape, we’ll often recommend they start off with a short walk. Walking is simple, so it’s a great way to get moving and break the inertia of being sedentary.

Yep, even if it’s only 5 minutes at first. Seriously.

We just need some sturdy shoes and we’re good to go. Although, Hobbits don’t even wear shoes…so I guess even that’s optional.

#3) To Provide a Roadmap for Building Healthy Habits!

We’re giving everyone who joins our challenge a map to Mordor. Here's a peak at it:

email

Our map will show step-by-step how to start forming healthy habits. It begins with walking, but we’ll also discuss strength training, nutrition, and mindset during the challenge. Yep, we’ll cover all the bases on how to get in shape.

#4) To Build Community!

Everyone who joins the challenge will be invited to a private Facebook group. (AND WE WILL HAVE A MINI CHALLENGE THREAD HERE :D)  Not only will you be able to chat with Coach Jim and myself and ask questions about the walking missions (and everything else you want to know about fitness), but you’ll also be able to connect with other hobbits nerds who are walking to Mordor.

Come make some new friends! (And maybe we can bring them back here after, too! :) )

Plus, Steve will be hanging out in the group too, with silly jokes and walking puns. How can you miss out on that?

#5) There’s a New Lord of the Rings Series Coming Out!

If there’s one thing they do a lot of in Middle-earth, it’s walking.

With the Rings of Power being released on Friday, it seems fitting to celebrate the Tolkienverse by walking together.

Sam and Frodo walking

I’ll leave it up to you whether or not you want to bring a sword with you!

Weaponry or no weaponry, if you’ve thought recently “I really need to make some changes and get in shape,” this challenge will be perfect for you.

You’ll walk away with (hehe):

• A plan for building healthy habits.
  • A community that wants you to succeed.
  • A team of experts to answer your questions about health and fitness.

If you want in on the challenge, you can sign up right here:

It's time to leave the Shire!

What if I already walk daily?  You should still join our challenge! Coach Jim will be providing tips on leveling up a walking practice, including how to make hiking accessible and beginning a strength training routine.

There will be prizes:

Plus, we’re going to be some precious, precious prizes for those who complete the walking missions! You’re not going to want to miss it!

• Like 2
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Sunday will be my 1000th day in a row walking (? ? ?), so excited to do this for days 1001-1006! :D

• That's Metal 3
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'm in! Are we starting Monday or Tuesday?

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 9/3/2022 at 10:29 AM, RES said:

I'm in! Are we starting Monday or Tuesday?

Tuesday! And I'm in too!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers