Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

Yea 27 Nuala! Keep it up! It would be amazing if I could do 50! I'll am for 25-30 but I won't stop there! If I get to 50 I expect you to be doing at least that much :P

Yesterday I tried to do a push up, still couldn't go down.

Today I did knee push ups: 2, 3, 2, 2, 7.

Will start officially tomorrow. I'll do knee push ups till I can get actual push ups working.

Will be doing this Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.

I'll come :) trust me I know what that's like. At the beginning of the last 6 week challenge I could only do sets of 1-3 and they were really really hard! But now I can do 10+ max. You can do it! :D

Oh and welcome aboard to all the new comers! Excited to have you! The more the merrier right!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Thanks I'll do my best! I just have shoulders working against me. They need to strengthen up, that's my belief.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Yea 27 Nuala! Keep it up! It would be amazing if I could do 50! I'll am for 25-30 but I won't stop there! If I get to 50 I expect you to be doing at least that much :P

You'll do 50! If not I'll eat a kinder bueno! And you don't want me to eat a kinder bueno right? It's bad for me your know...

@Kibcy: do your best with your shoulder, I'm sure you'll find a way to work with it, maybe by strenghtening some other muscles?

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

That's exactly right. I don't want you to eat something bad for you... So 50 it is!

@Kibcy: Like Nuala said "do your best," but remember not to push yourself to hard and rest when you need it cause you don't want to hurt yourself

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

All right, I am in for 100 for this next six week challenge. I didn't put it in as one of my official goals, but that doesn't mean it's not something I can't add to the mix. <gazes at floor> Ok Stain Master Green Carpet.. you me and 100 pushups. It's AWN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@Kibcy: do your best with your shoulder, I'm sure you'll find a way to work with it, maybe by strenghtening some other muscles?
@Kibcy: Like Nuala said "do your best," but remember not to push yourself to hard and rest when you need it cause you don't want to hurt yourself

Thanks, both of you :D That's exactly my game plan!!

All right, I am in for 100 for this next six week challenge. I didn't put it in as one of my official goals, but that doesn't mean it's not something I can't add to the mix. <gazes at floor> Ok Stain Master Green Carpet.. you me and 100 pushups. It's AWN!

Good luck! Welcome aboard!!

Spoiler

14 - 18 - 14 -14 -24

So difficult, my arms feels like wood. I'm already crying thinking of the madness of the next session. I did them along with Milythael with a 1 minute rest between each session, except for the last one. I had to take a 5 minute rest.

Note to self: on push-ups day, use MOOOOOORE deo. Like 3 times the usual dose. :|

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Today, with Nuala, I did 18, 22, 16, 16 with 60 seconds rest, then rested 5 minutes before a max set of 27. That was 99 push ups in 15 minutes.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Okay, so today was the first day for me. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it'd be. 10/12/7/7/10.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Today my whole family started the hundredpushups my wife and 2 daughters and 2 sons and I. Sitting at dinner my wife was saying she couldn't lift her fork.

I have put myself on the spreadsheet with a starting max of 15. I totally felt it when I was at Taekwondo working on my forms.

10-12-7-7-14 total of 50

I'm pretty sure I caught a bug today, and I haven't felt well all day. I attempted week 1, day 1, which says 10,12,7,7,(max)9. I got 10,12,7 and collapsed on my first of set 4. So, I have a new record for me, and I was unable to complete today. If I'm not feeling better Wednesday, I'm going to the 6-10 pushup range.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Nice progress everyone!!

how do you guys warm up for this?

Mornings would be the best time for me to do my workouts but my hands/wrists take so long to get warm.

I usually just try to get my heart pumping and my blood flowing. I have a stationary bike I use for it.

Then I just kinda swing my arms around. My biggest problem is my shoulders, so I try to get those loosened up the most.

I'll be doing my official day 1 today. I'll be trying to do real push ups, but having knee push ups as back up.

Spoiler

Today my whole family started the hundredpushups my wife and 2 daughters and 2 sons and I. Sitting at dinner my wife was saying she couldn't lift her fork.

I have put myself on the spreadsheet with a starting max of 15. I totally felt it when I was at Taekwondo working on my forms.

10-12-7-7-14 total of 50

So much awesome. I would happily make another row on the spreadsheet just for your family.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I slightly died. I TRIED real push ups.. I could go down only a little and then back up.

So I did knee push ups:

2, 3, 2, 2, 5.

I DIED! There's this muscle just underneath my collar bone on the left side and it was protesting with all its worth.

It hurt so much :( So this was pretty much all I could manage. Not sure how to even stretch that muscle...

Spoiler

I slightly died. I TRIED real push ups.. I could go down only a little and then back up.

So I did knee push ups:

2, 3, 2, 2, 5.

I DIED! There's this muscle just underneath my collar bone on the left side and it was protesting with all its worth.

It hurt so much :( So this was pretty much all I could manage. Not sure how to even stretch that muscle...

Sorry for the death, but you did well regardless.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Maybe, since you know pushups cause the muscle to rebel, you could do wall pushups. That way you are doing the same movements, but barely under any weight and that might be able to stretch it out.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Maybe, since you know pushups cause the muscle to rebel, you could do wall pushups. That way you are doing the same movements, but barely under any weight and that might be able to stretch it out.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that tomorrow!

Spoiler

Archived