Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone.

Its been a long tome since I have done this online community stuff, but I thought I would give it a try. about me: I fit into that 25-30 category, closer to the 30 . Married almost 5 years, professional , female... Height : 5'5 , weight: 112-115.

About two years ago, I changed jobs and moved to a new city. After I moved, I became somewhat obsessed with losing weight and getting fit ( I was about 125 pounds before then, but I also suffered from some exercise induced asthma and hives)... Anyway I got down to about 108, but struggled a lot and it became increasingly apparent I had taken this to an unhealthy place.

The past few months I've been trying to turn things around. i stopped counting calories ( and weighing all my food) all the time, I'm trying to weigh myself only once a week or so.( very hard to stop ) right now I struggle with overthinking my food choses and what I eat. i always want to eat, even when I am not hungry. So I eat, and subsequently feel awful about myself, which I shouldn't because I haven't been gaining fat ( or muscle) these past few months of recovery. ( my overall diet is pretty heathy. i love my vegetables. I love fish. I love desserts, but I don't have them frequently. )

Anyway, the reason why I am interested in joining nerd fitness is that I would like to gain muscle ( and healthy weight) and find the stories on here to be quite inspiring. I do strength training although I haven't seen that many gains, likely due to my food issues. My typical weekday routine is 10-20 minutes of running followed by 5-8 strength training exercises, 3-5 sets each. All in all, about an hour in the gym. I do a 3 day cycle of upper, core , and leg work, I like to do different things on the weekends from running a 5k to yoga. I'm thinking of trying to learn to swim better, since I want to go snorkeling later this year. I intend to do the 6 week challenge, but I am not sure what to pick for goals.

So thats my long and loaded introduction. I hope this challenge and community keeps me on track!

• Like 2

Welcome to the rebellion...we will certainly try to help you stay on track ;) 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda