Forums are back in action! ×

I've seen pits like that before! But I never dared to participate :P 

Maybe this year on appelpop free music festival close by my home now that I'm a big, strong doodlie :P 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

I've seen pits like that before! But I never dared to participate :tongue:

Maybe this year on appelpop free music festival close by my home now that I'm a big, strong doodlie :tongue:

Do it! They're amazing fun. I really miss getting covered in the sweat of a few hundred burly metallers. They feel really dangerous but everyone tends to help you out if you fall down. There's nothing like the camaraderie in mosh/circle pits. 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

The bits I can remember were pretty legendary... I have a lot of gaps though ;)

I have horrible memory and many gaps. I hit my head a lot as kid usually doing something stupid like jumping off the back pegs of someones bike and trying to run (I didn't know physics at the time i was like 8/9).

I've seen pits like that before! But I never dared to participate :tongue:

Maybe this year on appelpop free music festival close by my home now that I'm a big, strong doodlie :tongue:

Do it! They're amazing fun. I really miss getting covered in the sweat of a few hundred burly metallers. They feel really dangerous but everyone tends to help you out if you fall down. There's nothing like the camaraderie in mosh/circle pits. 

I second this! they are great fun. most follow the unspoken agreements of all pits. 1. if one falls help them up. 2. dont trample one if it can be avoided. 3. if one wants out dont intentionally trap them in  4. dont force one into the pit against their will. 5. if one falls help them up! That being said you have asshats like everywhere else that dont follow these general rules. Also there are some who are looking just to fight people, and some who just flail around kicking and punching the air and hit people because they are flailing around...

Ive been hurt in a few in the past. I had someone in front of me (shorter than I) jumping up as was I and I got hit in the back pushing me forward so my chin went right into the top of their head and knocked one of me teeth loose. Ive been punched in the base of my skull and nearly passed out got super dizzy and tunnel vision. Another time I was crowd surfing kicked one person as I flipped and then proceeded to kick my friend square in the face as I came around. Ive nearly had my shoulder dislocated.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I LOVE DD CIRCLE PITS!!! I went to see them in '05/'06 with Zao, and In Flames! was a small venue so you couldnt get a huge circle pit going, but it encompased the whole venue with everyone not wanting to take part in corners or stuck in the middle of it.

Jl5zrg0.jpg

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

I have horrible memory and many gaps. I hit my head a lot as kid usually doing something stupid like jumping off the back pegs of someones bike and trying to run (I didn't know physics at the time i was like 8/9).

Haha, that sounds like fun! My gaps are probably more substance related though...

I second this! they are great fun. most follow the unspoken agreements of all pits. 1. if one falls help them up. 2. dont trample one if it can be avoided. 3. if one wants out dont intentionally trap them in  4. dont force one into the pit against their will. 5. if one falls help them up! That being said you have asshats like everywhere else that dont follow these general rules. Also there are some who are looking just to fight people, and some who just flail around kicking and punching the air and hit people because they are flailing around...

Ive been hurt in a few in the past. I had someone in front of me (shorter than I) jumping up as was I and I got hit in the back pushing me forward so my chin went right into the top of their head and knocked one of me teeth loose. Ive been punched in the base of my skull and nearly passed out got super dizzy and tunnel vision. Another time I was crowd surfing kicked one person as I flipped and then proceeded to kick my friend square in the face as I came around. Ive nearly had my shoulder dislocated.

There are always assholes but usually you find most people are decent and stick to the rules. Injuries and bruises are still pretty common though, as you'd expect leaping around in a frenzy with a few hundred people who are bigger than you. When you're a girl, the men tend to go out of their way to help you if you fall because you're smaller. Also, someone tried to grope me once and a random guy saw and punched him right in the face. Chivalry isn't dead <3

• Like 2

Jl5zrg0.jpg

I have a whole list of bands I still listen to like them (although I dont follow their path their music is great). Project 86, Demon hunter, underoath, haste the day, becoming the archtype, and Norma Jean.

Also got to meet Project 86 after a show on their truthless heroes tour!

Haha, that sounds like fun! My gaps are probably more substance related though...

There are always assholes but usually you find most people are decent and stick to the rules. Injuries and bruises are still pretty common though, as you'd expect leaping around in a frenzy with a few hundred people who are bigger than you. When you're a girl, the men tend to go out of their way to help you if you fall because you're smaller. Also, someone tried to grope me once and a random guy saw and punched him right in the face. Chivalry isn't dead <3

Never did anything like that before, frankly the only thing stopping me from some pot/shrooms is my job. There is something to be said when a female jumps into the pit since most avoid it. there is usually not much holding back; but as stated everyone goes out of their way to help and try to make sure they are safe. That's awesome chivalry lives on!

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

There are different kind of pits. Often depending on the band that is playing. 

I don't care much about the rough stuff, but a bit of pushing, pulling and jumping can be fun :)

• Like 1
Spoiler

It's so much fun indeed! (And I am the person who ALWAYS falls. :D) Do it, do it, do it!!!!! 

What got me way more scared at a festival once is when it was so crowded in the front that you couldn't move away anymore.  :nightmare:  I was just squeezed between some people and my feet didn't even touch the ground anymore?! I really, really wanted to leave and couldn't. But it turned out alright except for a few bruises. :)

ive only been to two concerts that have had thousands of people. Ozzfest 2006 which was AMAZING!!!! nearly passed out several times (middle of August in Houston TX ~95 degrees with 90-100 percent humidity) and being punched in the head a few times. I got there at 0930 and was in a pit by 0945 and pretty much stayed in them through 14-1500 I was dehydrated and exhausted. 

The most recent concert I went to was Electric Daisy Carnival which was also amazing but no pits. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

I've been right at the front for system of a down three times, one of those times I had to get to the front 5 hours before they came on stage to guarantee front row. I've been in similar situations for Pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Guns n Roses and Tool. But all TOTALLY worth it. I miss those days :(

Sent from Tapatalk because I'm out wrestling bears or something.

• Like 2

O also if you are a fan of the deftones check out Chino's side project +++ (crosses) went to see them live at a bar a few years back and they are GREAT!!!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

O also if you are a fan of the deftones check out Chino's side project +++ (crosses) went to see them live at a bar a few years back and they are GREAT!!!

What makes you think I am a fan of the Deftones? (haha, jk) I've seen Deftones a few times, the first time they were crap, Chino just sat on the edge of the stage like he didn't give a shit, it really pissed me off. The second time they were great though. I saw Team Sleep too and they were pretty good so I'll give crosses a listen, I've put them on my checkouts playlist on Spotify so thanks for the recommendation, JC :D

• Like 1

What makes you think I am a fan of the Deftones? (haha, jk) I've seen Deftones a few times, the first time they were crap, Chino just sat on the edge of the stage like he didn't give a shit, it really pissed me off. The second time they were great though. I saw Team Sleep too and they were pretty good so I'll give crosses a listen, I've put them on my checkouts playlist on Spotify so thanks for the recommendation, JC :D

That sucks that your first experience was crap. I hate it when good bands are shit live. I will say one of the best bands i've ever seen on stage was As I lay dying (also i misspoke Ozzfest was 05 not 06.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

That sucks that your first experience was crap. I hate it when good bands are shit live. I will say one of the best bands i've ever seen on stage was As I lay dying (also i misspoke Ozzfest was 05 not 06.

I'm glad the second time I saw them was at a festival I was going to anyway because if I hadn't seen them again when they were good, I wouldn't have gone back... I think the best band I have seen live were System of a Down. Audioslave and Velvet Revolver were good too (but mostly because of who they are) and Alice in Chains were great even though Layne Staley wasn't there (for obvious reasons) but that was mostly good because I was watching one of my favourite bands, but also because they were playing the England game in the World Cup on a big screen behind us and we won. DOUBLE CELEBRATION! But football and gigs go together surprisingly well... and the boozy celebration after was epic.

But upon further examination, Ozzfest was the US version of Download that year so we kinda went to the same festival!

• Like 1

I hated velvet revolver when I saw them. Mainly because I was sour that just a week earlier Iron Maiden was on the tour.... I would say best live bands (all but one at ozzfest) Black Sabbath, Arch Enemy, Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Trivium (before I knew who they where), and Armin Van Buuren  

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Sunday evening, the end of this challenge.

Tomorrow starts week 0. But since we doodlies would be lost without a new challenge we're going to be practicing mindfulness this week.

It's each to his/her own. Scores are not a secret and can be updated in the sheet.

Pick one of these goals:

1. commit to one week of meditation, just to see how it affects you

2. mindful eating- really making sure you only focus on what you are eating, no distractions, just you an your food, taking the time to notice tastes and textures and seeing how this affects your eating habits

3. mindful observation- look at a plant or an organism (bug/bird/whatever) and really notice it as though for the first time, see how this brings you into the present. For the challenge maybe one moment per day?

4. Listen to music mindfully- close your eyes, put on headphones and play a new piece of music, emptying your mind, and getting swept up in the sound

5. Game of fives- notice five things in your day that usually go unappreciated. Then report back here

You get one point every day you work on this goal. Report back here to give feedback about this challenge, so we can incorporate it in the next doodlie pvp.

Have a great week 0!

FotorCreated_zpsahbbigus.jpg

• Like 4
Spoiler

YASS! A GOAL! THIS IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED! 

(sorry for the caps, I've had a lot of merlot)

And with this goal you can drink merlot while doing it ;)

• Like 3
Spoiler

And a point of discussion for our next challenge:

We only have one doodlie signed up for team french toast.

I see two options:

1) Drop team french toast sorry spookyfoot. We'll then have 5 members of team pancake (+2 newbe's) and 4 members of team waffle (+3 newbe's). 

2) Two pancakes defect to team french toast. And each team will get 2 (or 3?) newbe's to haze :tongue:

Two bigger groups, or 3 smaller groups. What do you vote?

Spoiler

Same here.  I vote for 2 teams..sorry french toast.  And limiting the number of additions to keep the total Doodlies easy to follow.  I like to support all the Doodlies regardless of teams and I like that are always open to existing Doodlies that join late.  If we start off with too many new ones it can get out of hand.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2