Forums are back in action! ×

aGreetings From the Great White North

I started out a Philly gal and somehow landed in Calgary, AB with a wonderful husband and a four-year-old son.  I'm 34 and have been on blood pressure medication for the last 4 years.

This needs to change.

I'm still trying to figure out what I could possibly be good enough at to make it my 'superpower' and what I could possibly bring to the table that would make me a 'superhero'.  So far I'm coming up short - everyone here seems to be so good at EVERYTHING and I'm just pretty good and some stuff.  I LOVE to sing, but I doubt that'll be of much use when I'm gasping for breath during a hard workout.

In the meantime, I'm 'the fat chick with the great personality' in my circles of friends and it would be awesome to lose the 'fat' part, so I'm looking to (re)start again for the last time - again.  Hoping to find some friends along the way, though I can't promise I'll get every gaming reference thrown my way.  This is all relatively new to me, so patience is greatly appreciated.

ANYway...  My nursing shift's ending and I think I'll post my 6-week challenge before I lose my nerve.  Here's to 'gettin it done', eh? ^__~

Senie

Level 1 Hobbit. Warrior at heart

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Desired Class/Profession: Favored Soul/Warrior

"...But if you want to get what you never got, gotta do something that you've never done" - Mary Mary "Go Get It"

"Reasons or results - you decide" - Shin Ohtake, MAX Workouts

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

"We Become What We Want to Be by Consistently Being What We Want to Become Each Day" - harlanJEN

Welcome! 

I'm in Red Deer, so we are so very close :) Cool to see a nearby rebel!

While there certainly are some very experienced people around here, there are plenty just starting out, and everywhere in between. Don't feel out of place!

I will swing by your challenge page to see if I can be of any assistance :) 

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Welcome to the rebellion, Lady Senie!

If you can't figure out your superpower yet, that's okay! You'll find it as you go along! Everyone starts somewhere. We're all here to support each other and cheer at everyone's success! How's the weather in Calgary? It's ghastly here in Ottawa.

Good luck with your challenge!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome! I adore everything about your country except the weather so I'll just wave from down here in the dirty south  :joyous: and plan a trip in warmer weather!

Superpower...man I knew I forgot something! I really don't think I have one either, love to cook and mad yoga skills (I wish!) and tend to quote way too many cliches...none of which can be used as a superpower...sighs...good luck on your goals!  :topsy_turvy:

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

YAY! Fellow Calgarian! The New York Times listed Calgary as #17 of the best places to visit in the world; and we are the only Canadian city on the list!! <--link :pride:

My brother has a karaoke machine, and he has mini get-togethers every now and then; they are quite fun! I used to sing/do singing when I was a kid, but got traumatized at a concert I was doing (actually, it was a gradual build up of trauma, haha). I've been too chicken to sing since, but my brother has finally got me doing karaoke!

[Deleted]

Welcome. Sounds to me like you are good at a bunch of thins. You are a good mom and wife. And it takes special dedication and caring to be a nurse. And the ability to sing is fantastic, I wish I was a singer. And singing will help you with exercise. Just today as I was breathing hard, I was reminding myself to use my diaphragm as if I was singing. Often when we get out of breath we shallow breathe, knowing how to use your lungs is  invaluable.

As for people being so advanced, well this is an awesome group. But we are all in differant stages. Saturday I was able to do a deadhang from a pull up bar for 30 seconds, and today I lifted a 25lb Kettlebell. But you know what? When I started here two years ago , I couldn't do a body weight squat, jumping jacks hurt my ankles so I couldn't do those, and I couldn't even do knee push ups. I just started working on it. Now is the time for you to begin your journey!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi,hi, hi! Welcome to NF! Getting off blood pressure meds, now there is a goal if I ever heard one. I hope NF is just the place you need to find your fitness destiny, I know that it was the Gandalf of my story. Welcome to the family, Senie! I look forward to seeing how you do with your challenge! (in a totally non-creepy way xD)  We noobs got to stick together ;D

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy