Forums are back in action! ×

My boss has plans for me

So I work at a fitness studio. I'm the manager. Today I met with my boss about expanding the business and my scope of work. Right now, it's a very small studio (on purpose) so my duties have mostly been about building and managing the website and social media and a few things in the studio. I've been working there a year.

Today my boss tells me that she wants me to lose 50 lbs. this year, because she wants me to become a trainer at the studio. She's seen my progress (I've been going there for four years), is very impressed with my abilities and has a lot of confidence that I'd be a really good fitness instructor. She wants to expand the business in the next two years and she wants me with her on this.

My boss wants to pay for my training. She's been helping me get into shape, but I have been holding myself back for a lot of personal reasons. I've never had anyone voice such positive things to me. I would absolutely LOVE my work to expand in the direction she has put forth. I'm excited!

But mostly I'm rather blown away by what she sees in me.

• Like 7

That awesome!! It's always great when someone has faith in us and helps us see things through fresh eyes! :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda