Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all. 

I am 21 years old, 5'7", and 210 pounds. I gained 60 pounds in 4 years with help of an injury, and birth control. It didn't help that my boyfriend worked at McDonald's and got me free food...constantly. Now, I am not blaming him, it is my fault for letting it go this far. I grew up with a family where fast food was regular, and salads were rare. About two years ago I hit a depression. I have always hated my body even when I was 150 pounds, but NOW I am 210 and I just feel like a blob. I know its not true but its how I see myself. 

I joined Nerd Fitness because of its logical sense of weight loss. No "Miricl" Pill, not starving diets and no punishment for losing a day. 

What hinders me is my family that eats high sodium, high calorie, high carb diets regularly and my skinny boyfriend who eats a whole family sized pizza by himself weekly.... All of them want to help but none of them want to put in the effort themselves. Its really hard for me to eat a salad while they are eating meaty spaghetti and Garlic cheese bread. Dairy Queen, Pizza, ETC. I have no one to be on my side with this. 

So I have joined to find someone to help and someone to help me. 

I would LIKE to be 130lbs. but Id be happy under 200lbs, 

-Alyssa

post-26719-0-68927000-1391540932_thumb.j

• Like 2

Welcome to the rebellion, Alyssa!

No need to fret about the food. Salad is not the only option. Far from it! The key thing is to restrict calories, but as to what these calories are made of... I eat bacon and eggs every day and I am steadily losing fat.

Make sure you eat fresh produce and meats to handle the sodium and calorie issues. Carbs are not bad as long as you control calories.

I suggest you head to this page to find a sidekick. Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion! You sound like a (much) younger version of me with your stats ;) not to mention I was in a very similar situation at your age and it is tough to do it when you're the only one trying to. Silver is right, salads are not your only option, and depending on what you're putting on it can actually be worse!

Maybe taking over the cooking is one way to do it, that way no one will have to put in the effort, and perhaps will come over to your 'side' once they see how much better they feel by eating right!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda