Forums are back in action! ×

Mind, body, and soul rehab time

Hey rebels!  Here is the deal.  I am a 33 year old Network Engineer living in Indianapolis.  I am 6'2" and 288 lbs.  My blood pressure and cholesterol are way out of wack.  I have been eating crap food, drinking way too much booze, taking excessive amounts of pain medications for multiple back problems, and pretty much treating my body like a trash can for the last 20 years.

I am not going to be much of a help to my wife and son if I have a heart attack or end up on disability.

The good news is that I am stoked to make the BIG changes now.  I found this site and started the basic BW circuit training routine 4 days ago and thought it would be a good idea to join the forum to help me stay motivated and engaged.

Hello.

- Level 0 - Mountain Troll -

STR| DEX0| STA0| CON| WIS| CHA0

Starting Weight 293 - Current Weight 291

My Current Challenge

My Epic Quest

"Has it ever struck you that there’s a thin man inside every fat man, just as they say there’s a statue inside every block of stone?" - From Coming up for Air  (George Orwell) 1939

Thanks you guys. Yes, I am changing my diet as well. For the first 30 days, no junk food or fast food. I am eating mostly veggies, beans, and lean meat. I am going to focus more on the food as I progress.

- Level 0 - Mountain Troll -

STR| DEX0| STA0| CON| WIS| CHA0

Starting Weight 293 - Current Weight 291

My Current Challenge

My Epic Quest

"Has it ever struck you that there’s a thin man inside every fat man, just as they say there’s a statue inside every block of stone?" - From Coming up for Air  (George Orwell) 1939

Welcome to the rebellion, and good luck with your goals! Not to be one of 'those people' but Whole30 really helped me clean up the way I was eating :) My RA symptoms have greatly decreased as well...

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda