Forums are back in action! ×

A Wild [OhLemontine] Has Appeared...

OhLemontine is a [fat] type [giant] with a height of [5'10"] and weight of [249 lbs]. It's gender is [female]. It's abilities are [writing poetry], [K-Pop Zumba], and [beginner Weight Lifting].

Okay in all seriousness though, Hi everyone, I'm Lara, or Ohlemontine. I am, as stated above, quite severly overweight. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but never to this extent. In elementary I was actually quite fit, but I developed fast (like... B-Cup in 3rd grade fast which really sucks when all your friends are dudes, and you realize all of a sudden you... are not xD) and got very self-conscious because of this. I also put on a bit of extra... tuft, but nothing all that bad at all, but of course I got very self-conscious of it, and constantly thought I was fat, so I would not eat all day basically, but because I LOVE food, I always wound up binging at dinner time, and after school. In high school I was at 180 lbs, consistently, but it was still overweight to me, but I couldn't lose it, (but also didn't gain anything).

After high school I moved to Chicago for a year. I didn't drive, so my means of getting anywhere was walking mostly, and public transport. I was going to school in the city, and not a one of my classes was under the 6th floor, so I took to using the stairs a lot, and being a poor college student, also didn't eat quite so much. When I came back home from Chicago, I was so happy and comfortable with my body, I still wanted to firm up and lose a bit more, but I wasn't too worried about it, and I was actually okay with being seen in a (decent coverage) bikini, which was a first for me. But because I hadn't really made a lifestyle change at the time, it was just changes out of necessity, I fell back into my old habits, of starving and binging, and spending too much time at home in front of computer and tv screens.

And to make matters worse, my jobs got progressively more sedentary, and many worked with fast food, and then eventually I got pregnant, and well... now I'm a horrible jiggly mess.

BUT, while having a child made me jigglier, it also made me want to change. I want to be healthier, and fitter, have more energy, and be comfortable with how I look. I want to be stronger and more confident and pass THAT legacy on to my son. I want to start a sustainable lifestyle that will lead to all of this. In my search of sustainable lifestyle changes to get healthier, I found out about weight lifting, and did the research that busted my pre-conceived thoughts that girls shouldn't weight lift. In my research, I found this site, and knew this was the place for me.

I'm excited to start a new lifestyle, and open a new, happier, healthier chapter in my life, and excited to meet you all, the future inspirations, cheerleaders, and drill sergeants I will need to succeed!

TL;DR: Nice to meet you!

Current Challenge : New Frame C1

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

Welcome to the rebellion! It's funny what having kids will do to us, isn't it? Part of my desire to change habits and get healthy is my boys telling me I cannot die or get sick...and I want to be around to see their children (many, MANY years from now!)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Thank you both! I love when a community is friendly and I get a quick response from them, it helps let me know what I can expect from the activeness, and friendliness of the community. It's great to meet you both. And I do have to agree with you, children do strange and wonderous things to a person. Luckily my son is still very young, he turns 2 in a couple months, so I don't have to break him of any real bad habits to help promote a healthier lifestyle for us. And oh my goodness my son is so adorable, but SOOO energetic, and I have a hard time keeping up with him, so he'll keep me pushing I'm sure. My immediate family are all overweight, and I hope this will help to break the curse.

Unfortunately right now, my current living situation is not the best of healthy living promotions, since I live with my fiance and his very irritable grandmother. She cooks the dinner, and complains about everything else we cook throughout the day. Well, actually she complains about everything, period, it seems like. So my goals outside of weight loss/ fitness are to get a place of our own, and start a veggie garden. Less stress should also help to be less heavy xD

So, tomorrow will officially start a new me. I've been easing in with a few things these last couple of days, but tomorrow is the hard start date. I have my plans ready to be executed, and my goals and motivations firmly in mind. I also start my training for my new job tomorrow, so it's going to be all kinds of new beginnings ^_^

I plan on starting a Paleo-ish diet, (meaning I will eat Paleo for all my meals except dinner, because I don't prepare dinner, and have no say in dinner, and I have a feeling she won't give a dern about my "diet")

I have an exercise regimen I'm excited to keep on, after I tweak it a bit, because it was too strenuous last week.

I am also giving up ice cream and froyo completely for at LEAST a month, most likely longer though, because I know it's an addiction for me.

All of this should help lead up to a healthier, happier, stronger, more confident me, which are all positive attitudes to pass down.

• Like 1