Forums are back in action! ×

Where to begin? I guess I'll start where I always have.

Sitting on the floor, scowling at my reflection and praying it's all a dream.

It' hard to voice my thoughts to others when they assume that you're the girl that usually has it all together. The nice house (owned by your parents), the gorgeous dogs, intelligence observed by peers ad professors and lastly (their opinion) a nice body.

Ha!

Ok so I'm not a beluga, but everyone has their own (seemingly unattainable) goal.

I tried the fad diets and hard core running, got down to 110lbs (im 5,7 by the way) and couldn't remember what happened the day before.

So take 2.

I gained a bit, tried to tone up and became discouraged again.

On to Take 3.

I started yoga and instantly fell in love.

When I was younger I use to watch gymnastics competitions, I was in awe. Such strength and beauty, it was unreal. I went to one class and attempted to balance on the low beam... I couldn't help my fear of heights though. I freaked out and clung to the beam. Oh, and back then I was only 5 feet tall and 167lbs (adorable, right?)

Anyways, back to yoga. Transitioning felt like second nature, the environment was inviting and I felt like I could practice all day. Sheer Bliss.  The people with me that day were predominantly Russian, that's where my username comes from; they nicknamed me Koshka (cat) in lieu of my movements.

The lovingly relationship between me and yoga only lasted a few months, for I was entering my last semester of nursing school and I couldn't find time to practice as I had before.

The time I spent on the mat diminished in staggering increments and eventually I no longer practiced. With the absence of yoga, the weight came back.

Take 4 (Hopefully the last time I'm redoing this scene)

At 150 lbs, determined and tired of pinching the inches on my waist, I see no reason to wait. I graduated nursing school and what can I say; I'm in awe of the free time I have. Today I ran two miles in 15 minutes, not my best but not my worst, and I inverted myself with ease.

I came to this site to find advice and guidance to tone up and get ripped, not just lose weight. I know how to get skinny, but who wants a bony girl with no memory?

I've been researching and planning meals, making sure I can stay active when my body is telling me to lay down and have something salty.

I have a dear friend who will kill me if I  give up again, I owe it to myself to keep going.

Let's see how this goes, I'm already excited :)

post-26802-0-27458000-1391821566_thumb.p

• Like 1

Species: DARK Wood Elf

Class: Assassin

STR3 DEX2 STA3 CON2WIS2 CHA2

" Guess that's the difference between us and the Avengers.

The world already looked pretty good to them. They fought to keep it as it was.

We fought to make it better"

- Rogue (Anna Marie)  ( Earth 616)

Welcome! I'm also new here, it's nice to meet you! I sooo wish I could bend like that, btw... I do a bit of yoga for stretching every so often, but I do tend to find my flub seriously gets in the way and makes it hard to breathe on a lot of moves... So I'm definitely a bit jealous, but in the "You go get em!" Kind of way xD

Hope you are able to move on to scene 2! And don't worry, everyone has to do a retake (or 10) sometime, I think you're in good company ^_^

• Like 1

Current Challenge : New Frame C1

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

Welcome to the rebellion....

I have to say, I'm 5'7" and cannot remember 110...I do remember 150, on me it was a flabby/skinny...not what I wanted to be at the time, that I have not seen in over 20 years...

But I digress...no killing yourself allowed! Set goals and voice them...we will encourage you till we're blue in the face (fingers?)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

double post *sighs*

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

@ohlemontine Thank you so much for the support. I love this type of community, no judging- just fun and motivational. thank you for welcoming me and if you want to know anything about me or help with poses let me know. :)

@redeagelspirit oh dear, did I sound that depressed? I'm not suicidal, just really fed up. Anyways thanks for replying and welcoming me

• Like 1

Species: DARK Wood Elf

Class: Assassin

STR3 DEX2 STA3 CON2WIS2 CHA2

" Guess that's the difference between us and the Avengers.

The world already looked pretty good to them. They fought to keep it as it was.

We fought to make it better"

- Rogue (Anna Marie)  ( Earth 616)