Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Vermont!

(lets try this again, my long winded post got lost when my interwebz chose to cut out as I clicked post  :offended: )

Hello! my name is Joshua and I have decided to start loosing weight and take back my life!  A little bit of back story, I have always been overweight as long as I can remember and I have had multiple failed attempts at losing weight.  About four or five years ago when I was in High School, I used to make a lot of sarcastic remarks about the things we had to do in gym and most of this self deprecating humor had to with my weight...and it was a bit of a mask for how poorly I was probably going to do in that sport we might have been currently involved in.  My gym teacher took notice and decided to have a one on one chat with me and offered to work out with me and help me lose weight.  I of course accepted his offer and for about 3 months I went into school an hour early every day and lifted weights with him etc.  I ended up losing about 5-10 pounds a week but sadly I fell out and it is one of my biggest regrets ever.

So that is where I am at now, and I have joined the local gym because I know that I make good progress with weight lifting etc.  However I have not gone yet because I only have work boots and jeans, so this Tuesday my workout clothes should arrive in the mail.  I have started using My fitness Pal to keep track of my calories, and decided to start doing the beginners body weight workout until I can start attending the gym (those squats gave me jello legs for the first part of the day, and today my legs are so tight and sore lol) .  I am ashamed to say that at 6 feet 3 inches and I weight an embarrassing 425 pounds :(  However I am determined to turn this around. 

So hello fellow nerds

• Like 1

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton 

Welcome to the rebellion! Squats have a tendency to do that...but they also work ;-)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Life is not Always SET

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

haha, you are telling me! it reminded me of doing leg exercises when I was working out with my gym teacher! the only thing that actually irritates me is that they are too sore to do a controlled sit so I have just been plopping all day haha.

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton